“More Space for Your Money”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 26, 2011

This hotel has been around for a while. That's why you can pay less than $100/ night for a suite with a pull out sofa in the "living room." There are televisions in both the BR and LR. The bath fixtures are dated, as is the decorating, but it was clean and comfortable and spacious! All that and close to the NJ 'burbs, 20 minutes to Phillie (a little longer to the massive King of Prussia mall) and whatever to NYC. The facility has a very nice exercise room and pool. Don't miss G G's restaurant -- the food is quite good, and their's a good jazz piano player in the evening. Very nice stay and staff.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
DTMtLaurelGM, General Manager at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

All of us here at "The Doubletree Suites by Hilton" in Mount Laurel are excited to share a bit of information in regard to our hotel and some improvements that are being planned. We are exploring design improvements on everything from the bathrooms to new flat panel TV's in the guest suites. When they are completed we hope the refreshed look will soon match the outstanding service and amenities you have mentioned. Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.

Reviewed December 20, 2010

We were there the weekend before Christmas, and the hotel was just beautifully decorated for the holidays. The most beautiful poinsettas I have ever seen were in abundance throughout the hotel. The staff was all extremely courteous, friendly and accommodating. The room was spotless and the beds were so comfortable! The pool and hot tub proved to be a fun addition to the weekend. The restaurant/bar was a nice environment and had a very good piano player. The location is perfect, as it is right off the NJ Turnpike and 295. My husband and son liked the exercise room and they had top of the line treadmills and nauticals. We had a wonderful stay and I would recommend this hotel very highly. I have nothing negative to say at all!

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 17, 2010

very nice, very clean, loved the shower very nice, bed was so comfy

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 15, 2010

Beautiful Hotel and very comfortable rooms for the price. Traveled with spouse, grown daughter, and 15 year old son. All very comfortable plus complementary made to order breakfast in the AM. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 9, 2010

Went to Philadelphia for an Eagles game with my sons. The property is older, but we found it clean and well maintained. It was not crowded, but there was a large wedding and a dance onsite. We were not bothered by noise except for one loud conversation in the hallway; could have been worse I suspect if the place was full. Seemed like the staff took extra care to locate us away from the action.

The decor is dated (old TV's still in the room), but still very functional. A call for extra towels was answered promptly and courteously. Location is very convenient to restaurants and the mall, also easy to get to, once you figure out the "no left turn" policy that prevails in the area. Easy to get to from the airport - 20 minutes or so.

Just a few minutes from downtown Philly when you need to get there, although I suspect peak traffic periods would be tougher (we went on a Sunday morning).

Lots of hotels in the area, but with a good rate, I would certainly consider this as a very acceptable option.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2010

Booked with CAL. COM
I've stayed at the double tree several times. The two room suite offers ample room to move around. If you had family along, they could sleep in the bedroom and leave the living room open for work/TV. The rooms have a microwave and 3 foot tall mini-fridge. Both rooms have TVs and telephones. The decor is somewhat dated, but the rooms and hotel are very clean and well maintained.

The fitness center offers a variety of equipment to keep you in shape and a hot tub to work out the kinks. The bar is open until 11pm. If you're a Hilton Gold or Dimond, you'll get a couple of free drinks.

This location is setup to support large groups. If you're planning a convention, seminar or wedding, this location is designed to support those larger groups. The down side for some guests is that the large groups can cause some noise later in the evening.

The front desk staff is friendly and professional and I'd recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I would have rated this hotel higher had the service been acceptable (more on that below). Overall, this is a good value for families despite some dated decor. The rooms (suites) were spacious and clean and the beds were comfortable. The microwave and refrigerator were welcome and saved us money. The pool area was very nicely done, with a separate spa attached to the large pool. There is a pretty, large courtyard with a duck pond and waterfall -- very peaceful. We did not eat in the restaurant so I can't comment on that.

Unfortunately, the service was very poor. When I checked in, I was told that I would have to pay a surcharge of $34 plus tax for two double beds, even though the reservation was prepaid! Apparently, the rate was for the king bed only but there was no indication of this when the room was reserved at a discount travel site. I pleaded with the front desk clerk to change the bed type but she was insistent that we pay a surcharge, even though at least half of the hotel was vacant (and the room size is identical so its not like we were getting a bigger room). I asked to speak with the manager and made my case (my wife and two children were traveling with me) and she reluctantly allowed us an "exception." Our room was in a wing on the other side of the hotel (no other guests around) but we were not told we could park our car there so we nearly got lost in the maze to our room, carrying several suitcases. The first clerk barely looked at me and handed me the cookies. When I returned later to ask about a nearby grocery store, she handed me a printed paper and looked the other way! Unacceptable, to say the least. The next morning, we all went swimming in the pool and there were no towels. Someone asked the front desk and they said that towels would arrive "momentarily." Twenty minutes later, still no towels so we walked to the room still dripping wet (there is a sign in the room that forbids guests from bringing room towels to the pool area because the "pool towels will be jealous." Yeah, whatever!

Management should take a serious look at the service here. There is a lot of competition from nearby hotels, so service should be at least acceptable. I would stay here again because of the value (we paid under $80 for a two room suite and I would give them another chance to treat their guests properly). . .but if I had the same service again, I would look for another hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family