“Here for a wedding”

DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 26, 2012

This was chosen for guests at a wedding. We found the rooms pleasant and had plenty of room to spread out. We found the breakfast service fine and there was no rushing us out as we stayed and chatted.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Thanks for staying with us while you were in town for the wedding. We’re glad you had a taste of our warm, caring service (along with our delicious cookie at check in). We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

I was at this hotel for a seminar over the weekend and had an enjoyable stay. Room and common areas were clean and well kept and the staff answered every question and fulfilled every need that I expressed during my visit. The only staff name I learned was Jamie at the front desk, who was wonderful but the banquet staff assisting with our seminar was pleasant and efficient as well. I only had breakfast in the restaurant but the buffet was very good and the gentleman making the omelets and pancakes did a great job keeping up with the crowd. I would definitely stay there again given the opportunity.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for staying with us during your seminar and taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your visit with us. Our goal is to always take care of our guests. So happy to hear that you enjoyed your breakfast as well. We look forward to having you come back and visit us again sometime soon.

Reviewed November 15, 2012

I stay at this hotel frequently because of its local to one of my facilities and I am a diamond Hilton member. I love the rooms, the most comfortable bed ever and the privileges as an honors member. However i have complained to the front desk during multiple stays about the wifi access in the rooms. It is absolutely the worst I have ever encountered at any hotel I have stayed! As a business traveler, I am very dependent on wifi in my room. Please FIX this problem. I travel about 30 weeks out of the year and only stay at Hilton family hotels. I hope this review does not go on deaf ears because complaints with the front desks do where this is concerned.

1  Thank JohnofPA

Hi John,

Thank you for being a loyal guest and valued Hhonors member. We appreciate your continued stays and want to make your stays with us the best they can possibly be. We know how important it is to stay connected while traveling and we are sorry that internet access was a concern during your time with us. Unfortunately during your current stay we were still dealing with the repercussions of Hurricane Sandy! All things considered we feel we were very lucky. We were very fortunate that we did not loss power during that time, however we were affected in other ways, Internet access, phone lines and our property reservation system were up and down for over two weeks. We’ve touched base with both our provider and the customer service line to make sure that they are aware of the problem and we will be sure to follow up until the issue is resolved. Please know that we’re making every effort to be sure this isn’t a problem in the future.

Thank you again for you comments and we look forward to seeing you back soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I spend 150+ days per year in hotels and I'm a diamond hilton member - so I know my hotels. This hotel is different. The property itself is not bad but the general level of incompetence throughout is staggering. Front desk, billing, failure to note simple requests are a constant battle and there is never an apology or any indication of caring or concern. They are simply so badly trained that they don't know better.
As for the breakfast service, it is so pathetic that I thought I was in one of those sketches where people deliberately behave unprofessionally to get a reaction.
It's a parrallel universe - don't get caught in it.

3  Thank constanttravelerfl
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review of your recent stay with us. We’re very sorry your experience at our property wasn’t up to the usual high standards set by our brand and we will take necessary measures to correct the issues. We’ve addressed the unacceptable front desk and breakfast service you mentioned with our team and we will undergo further training to ensure we are doing our best to create a memorable experience for our guests. Thank you for alerting us to this issue, and we hope you’ll give us another chance to show you the quality stay you deserve if you return to our area.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

We booked our stay three months prior to arrival for a wedding. Asking for a high floor since neither of us sleep too well when people are above us. We arrived and were met by the most rude desk clerk. It was all that we could do to get him to talk. It was obvious that we bothered him as he gave us our room key holder and told us the room number 329. We made our way to the room and discovered that he failed to put the keys inside the envelope. I drove back to the front desk and got the keys from Mr. Smiley. Now keep in mind we were trying to make a wedding provided shuttle to the reception. When I got back to the room, the keys (2) did not work. We called the front desk and asked to have new keys brought to the room where we were. 10 minutes later a nice young fellow appeared and let us into the room. We walked in and within 2 minutes realized that we were in someones room. So we called the front desk AGAIN and were told we were on a lower floor. SO now the young man had to get to us and then take us to the room on the lower level. That took another 10 minutes so now it's been 30 minutes since we arrived and we still had gotten to our room. Finally in the room we were able to get changed for the wedding, however the shuttle left us because we were late. My wife called to speak with the shift supervisor and was met with an attitude of arrogance and an aire of " I don't care." She tried to blame effects of Hurricane Sandy as they had evacuees staying there. Well too bad I lost part of my home to Sandy. Her attitude was very unprofessional. We had to drive to the wedding. missed the cocktail reception but at least we got to the reception. The next morning (Saturday) we left our name and number for the hotel manager to call us. It is now Monday evening and no call.
The hotel was just ok. I've stayed at much nicer hotels. Too bad the people were too preoccupied and rude to make to make me EVER want to stay at a Double Tree. IF that's any indication, book me with Marriott, Wyndam, or Holiday Inn. I feel the pain of Sandy and yes there were evacuees staying at the hotel, but it wasn't a shelter. I was a paying customer and was treated like I was a shelter evacuee. Never again at Double Tree

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2012

Thank you for your review of your recent experience at our hotel. We’re very sorry that you encountered an unacceptable level of service from our front desk team. We do our best to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay and regret you had a disappointing experience. While we were host to many evacuees of Hurricane Sandy, you are correct in expecting that we would provide the same high quality service and accommodations that we are known for. We have addressed the issues you experienced with our staff and hope that next time you’re in the area, you’ll visit us again and experience a higher level of customer service. Please accept our apology for any inconvenience we caused and thank you again for your comments.

Safe travels,
Pennie O

Reviewed November 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the Doubletree Mt. Laurel, NJ on business and although the hotel is reasonably comfortable, it is certainly passed its prime. The check-in process was unorganized and inefficient with a staff that was poorly trained in their responsibilities.

My room was large with a comfortable bed and good linens. The room was clean and quiet. The pool was stocked with plenty of towels but the whirlpool was lukewarm at best. The restaurant was way overpriced for the food that was served especially the morning breakfast buffet which did not offer nearly the selection that one would expect for the price.

Overall my experience was adequate but I get the sense that they want to be so much more.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Hi Michael,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit to Mt. Laurel. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your room and are sorry you found our front desk staff inefficient. We regret we were unable to provide the high quality of services you deserve and we will be sure to use your comments on our restaurant value and amenities as we continually work to improve our guests’ experience. We try to make each guest’s stay a great one at our hotel and your satisfaction is important to us. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope you’ll give us another opportunity in the future to make your stay the best it can be.

Pennie O

Reviewed October 10, 2012

Stayed here a couple of weeks ago and had a terrible experience ! Faucet in the bath-tub, toilet-paper holder and refrigerator temp-controller were broken ! Getting the room keys to work was a challenge. Stayed here because of proximity to the client-site, but not again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Pennie O, Director of Sales at DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We’re sorry we didn’t provide the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay at our hotel. We apologize for the issues in your room and we’re working with our maintenance team to ensure the situation is resolved and will not be a problem for future guests. If you return to our area, we hope you’ll stay with us again and give us an opportunity to show improvement.

Thank you!