“Great Location”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed May 27, 2014

Stayed 2 nights and would stay again, reception staff very friendly and gave us good tips on where to eat in Philadelphia

Room good with cooker, fridge and coffee making pot, downstairs a free laundry room for guests which was great for us as we had been on the road for several days

Just a short drive to the local train station that takes you straight into the city centre

No restaurants on site so eat before you return

Good value, clean and comfy rooms with free Wi-Fi

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good and quiet
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Reviewed May 14, 2014

This could have been a great stay in this lovely facility....but... There is an allergy in my family to feathers and down. It's serious enough to result in a hospitalization if it exits in a hotel room. We require all feathers and down pillows and bedding to be removed and replaced with non-allergenic bedding. Most hotel chains understand but some hotels don't get it. Even though we pre-notified this hotel of the issue, nothing was done prior to our arrival and, when we arrived there was not a single non-allergenic pillow in the entire hotel. We had to make do with skimpy decorative pillows. What a shame! We'll never stay at this brand again and will tell everyone we know about this failure. Staff was very apologetic and pleasant, but it was still a lousy night's sleep.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2014

Dear Scribiner,

We appreciate your time in writing a detailed review about your experience. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into.

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not what you expected. It appears that better judgment could have been made in assigning your room. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the pillows have caused you. We regret that this aspect has negatively impacted your overall experience and prevented you from enjoying your stay with us.

If there is anything we can do to make your next stay more comfortable, please do not hesitate to ask the Manager on Duty. We hope you give us a chance to host you the next time you are in the area.

Tracy V.

Reviewed May 10, 2014

I had been in the area for one night, really I was surprised by the quality of the room and staff, it was over my expectation, however I advise this suite for many reason: pleasant helpful staff, clean suite, reasonable price, free excellent internet, free laundry and cheap snack

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2014

The room was huge and very clean, walls are thick in comparison to other hotels, I stayed here 3 nights and didn't get woken up once from noise, plenty of parking lot parking. All the restaurants, movie theaters, shopping centers are located no more than 2-5 miles away, Philadelphia about 15-20 mins ride, staff is great, helpful and friendly. Very happy with my stay.

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank Morgulets
Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am writing this review from my hotel room at the Candlewood Suites. I decided to stay here due to the great rate I got. What I like about the hotel is the little kitchenette in the room but that is where my likes end. The room itself has this horrible order when you walk in and even with the window open it doesn't go away. Also being on the 2nd floor, when the person above my rooms walks about it sounds like they are going to come through the roof. Also I learned you don't get maid service every day either. Although this place isn't terrible, for me I will choose to stay elsewhere when I return to the area.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2014

Dear Cruisedave,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise, room condition and the housekeeping schedule. We will look into this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and wasn't impressed by the room. It was ok, very dark except of course in the bedroom where the light from the parking lot shined right into our room.The whole place reeked of cigarette smoke. I hurt myself and needed a band aid which the front desk could not manage to supply. That was ridiculous and caused us to have to take more time out of our busy day to find a drugstore. If you want breakfast it's 1$ for a box of crappy cereal and 1$ for a juice. My kids were starving in the morning so we caved. Shower caps, which are usually free, are also 1$ they don't give you any lotion and the soap provided will dry your skin out. They don't sell lotion either, or toothpaste or anything else you might need!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2014

Dear Cristina M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M

Reviewed January 7, 2014

So while I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites, this was my first stay at this specific hotel. I was only staying for one night and was traveling with my dog.

The hotel room totally met my expectations; it was very clean and everything operated smoothly. The price was decent and restaurants were easily accessible. Even though there were large number of hotels in this small area, it was very quiet.

A/C worked well; bathroom was huge!

There is decent, lighted space outside for walking the dog so that was good, not all Candlewood Suites have the dog area well lit.

The only issue I had at all was upon check in and check out. I arrived around 3pm as did several others. The front desk only had 1 individual and so the wait was longer than expected. I experienced the same thing upon checkout in the morning.

Otherwise, good vist!