“Some good, mostly not so great.....”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
“Some good, mostly not so great.....”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I am writing this review from my hotel room at the Candlewood Suites. I decided to stay here due to the great rate I got. What I like about the hotel is the little kitchenette in the room but that is where my likes end. The room itself has this horrible order when you walk in and even with the window open it doesn't go away. Also being on the 2nd floor, when the person above my rooms walks about it sounds like they are going to come through the roof. Also I learned you don't get maid service every day either. Although this place isn't terrible, for me I will choose to stay elsewhere when I return to the area.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Cruisedave,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry about the noise, room condition and the housekeeping schedule. We will look into this concern. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences. We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Danbury, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and wasn't impressed by the room. It was ok, very dark except of course in the bedroom where the light from the parking lot shined right into our room.The whole place reeked of cigarette smoke. I hurt myself and needed a band aid which the front desk could not manage to supply. That was ridiculous and caused us to have to take more time out of our busy day to find a drugstore. If you want breakfast it's 1$ for a box of crappy cereal and 1$ for a juice. My kids were starving in the morning so we caved. Shower caps, which are usually free, are also 1$ they don't give you any lotion and the soap provided will dry your skin out. They don't sell lotion either, or toothpaste or anything else you might need!

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Cristina M,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I’m very disappointed to hear about your experience on your recent stay. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. I trust we can regain your confidence in our products and services.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Mount Laurel hotels

Clarksburg, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

So while I have stayed at many Candlewood Suites, this was my first stay at this specific hotel. I was only staying for one night and was traveling with my dog.

The hotel room totally met my expectations; it was very clean and everything operated smoothly. The price was decent and restaurants were easily accessible. Even though there were large number of hotels in this small area, it was very quiet.

A/C worked well; bathroom was huge!

There is decent, lighted space outside for walking the dog so that was good, not all Candlewood Suites have the dog area well lit.

The only issue I had at all was upon check in and check out. I arrived around 3pm as did several others. The front desk only had 1 individual and so the wait was longer than expected. I experienced the same thing upon checkout in the morning.

Otherwise, good vist!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was perfect from the minute i walked in i didn't expect it to be so good, we had problem with attendance giving of wrong room one without sofa bed which we thought we ordered ,but management quickly resolved room's are nice,a lot of TV channels beds were comfortable only problem sofa bed was hard springs stuck you in back other then that perfect

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Gabar Y
East Hampton, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2013 via mobile

Started my business trip driving from NY on a very rainy night , finally arriving at my hotel . I was greeted by a friendly face and asked if I wanted a cup of coffee or a water ,I guess I looked beat up from my trip in the blinding rain . My suite which by the way is appox the same cost as a hotel room in the area . Only with full kitchen , microwave, coffee maker , stove and yes a full size refrigerator ! An easy chair , wi -fi , and a great work station . I have stayed at another extended stay type hotel ... But this was different .. The new led 40" TV , hardwood floors . I'm not ever going back to a hotel after this stay at Candlewood suites! *****.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Fldsetter
Wildwood Crest, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

First time staying at this hotel. I travel and stay every week in this area for a couple nights on business. This hotel met my expectations but the use of the perfume spray they use in the rooms and the elevator is truly gagging to me. For me, it makes it difficult to return.

Otherwise a nice place to stay. Nice honor snack room, and TV, room, towels, etc. were all good.

Get rid of the perfume!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Lou L
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 21, 2013
Hello Lou L

Thank you for your recent stay with us here at the Candlewood Suites, Mt. Laurel. Also, thank you for taking the time to complete this review. I am glad to hear that we met your expectations. It's always great to hear that guests enjoyed their time with us. I am not too sure about the perume but I will be sure to check with the front desk and housekeeping to make sure they are not using too much. Again, thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay. Have a great day.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013

I travel to this area quite a bit and this was my first (and last) time at this hotel. I unloaded my dog and a crate and got to the room only to find that the HVAC didn't work well and it was very warm in the room, even though it was October. There was also a funny smell. I called the desk and was given another room but at the opposite end of the hotel - had to pack up everything again - and the HVAC wasn't much better in that room. Disappointing.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Kara G
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Kara G

Thank you for your stay here at the Candlewood Suites, Philadelphia, Mt. Laurel. It is unfortunate you had this experience on your first visit to Candlewood Suites. This is not a typical experience here. And unfortunately your complaint has validity. We have recently contracted with a new vendor for our A/C and heating units. We hope this change will provide the high quality experience our guests expect. Thank you for sharing and have a great day.