“Cheep place to stay”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed August 8, 2013

A nice place to stay if your looking for a kitchen in the room. a good value at $85 a night. The lack of daily housekeeping was not a problem. New towels coffee etc was available at the front desk. A few cons, if you want quiet be sure to get the top floor and consider that this is an extended stay hotel and has a tendency to have kids staying. I did have a problem with the ice maker not working, it did not get fixed but the front desk guy did get me a bag of ice. Although it was an OK stay I thing I'll try the staybridge around the corner next time .

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 15, 2013

Hello Bob M

Thank you for your recent stay at the Candlewood Suites, Mt. Laurel. Also, thank you for aking the time to share the cons and pros of your stay. I'm sure your review will be helpful to others coming to this area. I am sorry that we did not get a chance to fix the ice maker while you were here but if you are in the area again and looking for a great value, please come see us. Have a great day.

There are newer reviews for Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel

Reviewed August 6, 2013

Even the quiet location can't make this hotel worth visiting. No lobby. Guests just walk up to a counter in a hotel that should have been remodeled years ago. Old and dirty carpets, the smell of mold and stale food in the room, and questionable stains on the sofa bed mattress. Yuck! Minimal effort by the staff made an unpleasant stay a reason to never stay again. Marriott's extended stay hotels are looking better and better

Room Tip: tip? choose another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear ranzini

Thank you for letting us know how your stay with us was. Unfortunately, it was not a good experience for you and I am sorry to hear that. As we continue to improve the service we provide to guests, feedback like yours is vital to this process and will be used to make significant improvements. Again, thank you for making us aware of these problems. Have a great day.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

Found this hotel as a last minute trip to the area. The hotel overall is pretty nice. We checked in super late, around 3:00 am and we found everything to be in order, the sheets and other linens were perfectly clean, the room was quiet and neatly made. The beds are queen-sized and for some reason we thought they would be king which did make for a bit of tight squeeze when used to a king normally. Other than that I had no other issues. I honestly have no complaints. I will stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: The second floor worked great for us
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 26, 2013

We stayed here just one night - we were attending a function nearby. The price was excellent and I must say that given the price, I didn't know what to expect as I had never stayed in Candlewood Suites. It was quite nice...full fridge, microwave, cooktop, dishwasher, etc. very clean with free W-Fi... Certainly would stay again if I needed to. Also a gym on premises. I had never stayed an extended stay hotel before. It quite nice.

• Stayed: May 2013
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hello Phyllis0318

Thank you very much for your most recent stay at the Candlewood Suites, Philadelphia-Mt. Laurel. Also, thank you for taking the time to write this review. It's great to know how guests feel about their stay here.

I'm glad that your first experience at any Candlewood Suites was a positive one. Due to the great amenities we offer our guests at reasonable prices, we often have departing guests ask if there are any in other cities they frequent. Hopefully we have a convert in you as well. Again, thank you for your time and kind comments and have a great day.

Reviewed May 18, 2013

Everything about this Candlewood was as expected. However the checkout process was not good. I stay in many hotels every month and expect simple things to go well. There is a sign in the lobby stating there is 24 hour service at the front desk. Early in the morning I need to check out. No one was at the front desk so I dialed "0" on a desk phone as noted on a sign. Four minutes later a front desk clerk arrived. I told her I was checking out. She asked if i needed a receipt (thought she would have figured that out since I apparently woke her up). I said yes and she said their system was down. I asked her to email my receipt within the next few hours, gave her my email address and she said ok. She never sent my receipt. I called the hotel later in the day and asked why I had not received my receipt. I ws assured it would be sent out right away. They apparently ignored me since three hours went by and I had to call once again and keep the worker on the phone while he finally emailed my receipt.

There is no excuse for ignoring your best Platinum customers, or any customers. When a customer asks for something, you need to respond. At this time I ask the hotel management not to respond to this review with the usual canned "oh I'm sorry, we will make it better" nonsense. The ownership just needs to look at their management at this location and make changes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank steve375
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear Steve375

Thank you very much for your response. We are glad that you took the time to answer the survey as information from guests allow us to address these issues to improve the experience of our current and future guests. Again, thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

I rated this hotel excellent based on quality and value. My husband and I travel a lot and we don't have very high expectations for a $79 per night hotel. Candlewood Suites far exceeded our expectations. From the moment we walked into the lobby, it felt comfortable and welcoming. It was obvious that our room was recently remodeled, and we found it very comfortable. We also loved the Candlewood Cupboard (they use the honor system) for late-night snacks. We read several of the negative reviews and did not find any of those issues to be the case for us. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Hello KPrikios

Thank you very much for this review. We are glad to know that you enjoyed your stay as well as some of the many benefits Candlewood Suites provides for guests. Please feel free to stop by and see us again if you have a need in the Mt. Laurel area. Thank you and have a great day.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This place is why I like Candlewood (sadly they are not created equal, but this one is good). Clean facility, very clean room. Nice updated kitchen with dark cabinets and glass inserts makes it feel stylish. Spacious desk area, huge swing arm wall mounted Panasonic flat screen. When they are just mounted to the wall I can't access the inputs but the swing arm allowed me to attach all of my goodies. I really like that they offer a toaster oven, since I will not use a microwave. The heater unit was sparkling clean, no bad smell or excessive noise. Price was good especially since hotels like to stick it to you on the weekends. No issues whatsoever.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
CWOpsMgr, Front Office Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2013

Hello JFighterstein

Thank you for your most recent stay at our Candlewood Suites in Mt. Laurel, NJ. Also, thank you very much for taking the time to complete this review. It is important for us to know how we are doing from our guests point of view.

I am happy to know that you enjoyed the amenities at our newly renovated property and that it was all conveniently located for you to access. In addition, I see you were able to take advantage of our Lending Locker and use the toaster oven. This is a great feature that we hope to expand with additional items in the future so it's good to hear positive feedback. Again, thank you for your stay and your positive comments. Have a wonderful day.