“Beware not cleaned before u enter”

Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #17 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed June 23, 2012

First they gave me a room that wasn't cleaned then they gave me another room but same problem. Let's see sheets stained , hair on coffee table , garbages not empty and counters not wiped down. I would never recommend this MOTEL! Not all candle wood suites are this way. Stayed at one in Maryland two weeks ago that was immaculate.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank Bladdybla
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear Bladdybla,

Thank you for taking time to leave us a review. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 17, 2012

This place is for extended stays, but it works well for anybody looking for a hotel in the Camden, NJ, area, especially families, because rooms have a full-size refrigerator, stovetop, microwave and dishwasher, and there is a little self-service shop off the lobby with free coffee (when the machine is working). Moreover, the hotel has been renovated inside and out. Rooms are clean with practical new furnishings and fittings. Bedding and linens are excellent, especially the towels. The place is quiet, off a main highway, just beyond a couple more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Take a hair dryer.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ernest58
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Me with my wife and my 3 year old kid planned for a visit to Philadelphia and was looking for a hotel suite with full kitchen at a reasonable rate. After browsing over few of the hotel chains we choosed this hotel. The hotel bears a rather dull look from the outside. The reception guys are busy all the time, however, are courteous. The room was decent enough and the furnishing was alike to other Candlewood hotels. I liked the kitchen in the room and the work desk, however, did not like the TV. The beds, linens and towels provided were clean enough. House keeping is provided. Another great thing is that you can use the washer and dryer free of charges. The gym area is pretty good. The hotel is situated at a favorable place with downtown Philly tourist attractions only minutes away - only thing is that you have to pay toll (in case you are driving) every time you travel from Mt Laurel to Philly. There are plenty of fast food chains, gas stations and grocery in the vicinity of this hotel. Wireless internet provided is very slow. No Business Center in the hotel. Overall, it was a good experience for us to stay in this hotel. No bugs, loud noise or other nuisance to keep you awake at night !!!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank The_Nath_Family
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Stayed recently For overnight stay. No problems at all. Doing renovations on 2nd floor but did not here a thing.

Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed March 7, 2012

I planned on staying a total of 3 nights for business travel. The room that I was originally given was worn. The shower head squelled the entire time it was in use and the water never got hot. There was a strange odor in the room. While reading in bed the first evening, I found two bed bugs on my sheets. I captured them and took them down to the front desk and asked to be moved. I was moved to an "upgraded room" which was decorated similar to the first room, but had a newer mattress (didn't sag in the middle as the initial room) and a newer heating system. I slept with the lights on all night and kept checking the sheets. Checked out the next morning. I spoke to the hotel manager after my return home. He had an exterminator inspect the room and reported no sign of bed bugs were found. This was highly insulting as it infers that either I didn't find them at all or I brought them with me. I am attaching a picture of the ones captured in my bed. I never could understand why I was not originally given an "upgraded" room when the hotel was not even full that night as my experience might have been entirely different. The hotel's denial of a problem speaks a volume.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
10  Thank Phoenix2012
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We travel a ton for work and fun and are Westin Gold Elites and Marriott rewards members, but over the last two years we have discovered the Candlewood Suites hotels and I have to say, for the price, rooms are clean and large and comfortable overall. The Westin easily is twice the price and frankly, the difference pays for a great dinner for two of us at a good place! I used to be such a hotel snob but no more. This one is in a good location and the best priced out of the hotel row competition there. We have stayed 3 times now and all the rooms have been fine. Whole Foods is nearby for snacks and quick, healthy options. This hotel gave us a newly renovated room and it was even sweeter than a month ago!

Room Tip: I like high floor, DH likes main floor.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Hannah K
Reviewed December 29, 2011

This place caters to long-term guests, so rooms come with full kitchens and are relatively cheap, especially on weekends and holidays. The linens are above average, but there is not daily maid service, unless there is something specific that you need. There is a nice workout room, a pleasant laundry and a place to buy basic items. The beds are comfortable, the HVAC works well, and the place is quiet even though it is just off three major highways and near almost anything you might want. Because guests cook in the rooms, there can be a stale-food odor, but the window opens. The bedspread undoubtedly will be replaced during a scheduled upgrade of the facility.

Room Tip: You might ask to see the room first in case it has picked up an unpleasant food odor.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple