“Nice Remodeled Courtyard” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Strongsville, Ohio
“Nice Remodeled Courtyard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

This property has been remodeled and upgraded. The lobby is Marriott's latest Courtyard concept with comfortable seating. Bistro items are available for breakfast and dinner as is a complete bar service. Not to be mistaken for fine dining, the Bistro features the fast casual concept and has very passable food. Rooms are clean, comfortable, and up to date.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, December 31, 2013
Happy New Year and thank you for visiting the Courtyard by Marriott, Mount Laurel!
We are all thrilled to know you enjoyed your stay, and find the Bistro very accomodating. Our wishes for a terrific 2014 and we all hope to see you again soon.

Thank you for choosing Courtyard and Marriott Hotels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Carlsbad, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I have been traveling to New Jersey to visit my family for about 20 years. For the last 10 years, this hotel has been my only choice for accommodations. The location is convenient to almost all highways and attractions but the hotel itself is the draw. The rooms are spacious, clean and new. The lobby is fantastic with lots of room to visit with others who drop by. Big TV's, computers and a great café. Aside for all this, it is the staff that makes this place special. Thank you....I'llbe back.

Room Tip: The hotel has a few suites which are available for upgrade if not in use.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Thank you very much for this kind review of our Courtyard by Marriott here in Mt. Laurel!
We appreciate the headline of "Best Hotel in the Area!" Please know we take this comment seriously and want this service level to continue.

Please return soon and always remember you have a partner for your lodging in the Mt. Laurel area for both your business and leisure needs.

baltimore, md
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Super nice staff, clean modern rooms. Lobby looks recently redone. The only thing I didn't really like was the fitness center---tiny and it smelled of chlorine because pool is next door. They do provide the option of going to a local gym free of charge but I didn't know this until I was in the fitness room.

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your recent stay with the Courtyard by Marriott in Mt. Laurel! We are pleased to see your review and thank you for choosin Marriott.
It means a great deal to the staff to know we are providing the service you expect and please feel free to let us know where we can improve as well.

Thank you again and travel safely!

Chestnut Hill, MA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2013

We have returned to this hotel a couple of times as it's near family, and an active grandson likes the pool a lot. It's still immaculately maintained, the beds seem to have been improved, the staff is attentive and friendly. It's in the middle of a busy area, so there can be some street noise, but not a lot.

One negative is the so-called "High-Speed Internet Service." The free service is abysmally slow, and this place (as probably do other Marriotts) offers a $5/day "Enhanced High Speed Internet Service." Candidly, this is just another way to make money and yet a further erosion of the quality of the Marriott brand.

Room Tip: I think the rooms which face toward the indoor pool are probably quieter as major roads face the thr...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott in Mt. Laurel! We truly appreciate your comments and look forward to seeing you again very soon!
The staff takes great pride in providing Marriott standards of service and we are always grateful to see nice reviews.

Tank you again and travel safely!

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was a pleasant surprise. I was in Philadelphia all afternoon and wanted some place close by to stay – without the huge Philly pricetag! I found this Courtyard and the reviews were good, so I gave it a shot.

I was thrilled with the place. It is a very large Courtyard. The room was nice and spacious and had an amazing balcony that overlooked a beautiful courtyard – I loved that!

My room was so clean and comfortable – what more could I ask for? Bathroom was very clean and functional. I especially liked the cloth shower curtain - so much better than plastic (see photo).

The location of this hotel was just across the bridge from Philadelphia (about 12 - 15 miles from Philadelphia). It was nighttime when I came in, so I didn’t see what was in the area. I did see that it was on a main road. On my way out the next morning, it was very convenient to the NJ Turnpike, which was perfect for me.

No free breakfast, but free parking and free wi-fi. It was all good! LOVED that balcony!

Room Tip: Oooooh, get a balcony facing the courtyard. It's wonderful!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thank you so much for the very positive review of the Courtyard by Marriott here in Mt. Laurel! We are pleased to know that we have satisfied you as a traveler and we hope to see you again very soon.
Thank you for allowing our staff the opportunity to be your lodging partner in the South Jersey area!

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

Gave me a room at the very end of the hotel around three corridors. Asked for room closer to lobby and they weren't able to accommodate. Ok. So I called down and said the toilet wasn't operating properly. Came back from dinner to find toilet still not operating, grease on door handle, and grease on seat. Fairfield hotel across the street at 1/3 less in price. Checked out went over there. As a frequent traveler and rewards member, very dissatisfied.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Thank you very much for the honest feedback. We truly appreciate all comments whether positive or less than what you as our guest expected. We understand you have choices for lodging here in the Mt. Laurel area and to have dissappointed you is not our standard. Please know we will continue to focus on the guest experience daily, and your feedback is always welcome.
We thank you for continuing to be loyal to Marriott Hotels!!
Spring, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

I've stayed here once before a few years ago and after reading some of the reviews, I was slightly hesitant to stay here again. Good thing I didn't listen to the bad reviews. I didn't experience anything mediocre or poor about this property. The room I was given was perfect for what I needed and seemed to be recently updated.
The only glitch that I had was the microwave I requested for the room didn't work. But the manager on duty herself, purchased a new one and delivered it within a few hours. THAT"S customer service! I'm on a strict diet so I didn't dine in the lobby but at dinner time, there were many eating at the Bistro. The gym is fine for a novice, but a little sub-standard for myself. No worries!! I was offered free vouchers to a full size gym less than 1/2 mile away - which was perfect for my workouts.
Overall, I was very pleased with this property as it fits well within the Courtyard name. If/when I'm back in the area, I will be looking to stay at this place again. Well Done!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
kristen l, General Manager at Courtyard Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write this nice review!
My staff and I truly appreciate you as our guest and we hope to serve you again in the near future when you visit the Mt. Laurel area. We are thrilled you were pleased with your stay!!!

Thank you for choosing Courtyard by Marriott!