“Casual and Good”

El Azteca
Ranked #4 of 120 Restaurants in Mount Laurel
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 27, 2012

My family of 5 had dinner at El Azteca for the first time this past weekend. My daughter chose to eat there for her birthday, and she's picked Mexican restaurants for the past several years. We were promptly seated, and we had good service. There were a few patrons inside when we arrived, but the place quickly filled up. I enjoyed the comfortable, casual, neighborhood feel to the place. We all enjoyed our food, and 4 of us had enough left over from the huge portions to take home for another meal. The prices were most reasonable, and in fact, I used a coupon that I found on their site and printed. We would definitely return.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

This place makes their food from scratch. The staff is wonderful. I have been a customer for 20 years.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

It had been a while since we went for Mexican food and decided to give El Azteca a try. It was just before 6pm on Saturday night and the restaurant had a decent crowd. It was obvious the restaurant has been there for a long time based upon the decor. We ordered sodas and water which the waiter brought quickly and also left a pitcher of each. Off to a good start. The chips and salsa were fair and we ordered the quacamole appetizer which was bland. Dinner meals were nothing special - not bad and not great. Prices are reasonable and service was also fair.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The host was friendly and welcoming. From that point, my experience was not good. No one came to the table for about 6 minutes from the time I was seated. The place was NOT crowded - it was a Tuesday evening and only 2 other people were in the section of the restaurant where I was seated. When the waiter took the order, he appeared rushed and was not patient with any of my questions. The food was mediocre. Definitely not "authentic" Mexican, but bland and flavorless. I found a hair in my food. My friend's order was incorrect and when we pointed it out, the waiter did not correct it. No one came back to the table to check on us. The service was poor, the food was bad, and I would not return. There are other Mexican restaurants across the street and nearby. Avoid this one.

2  Thank Jay D
Reviewed August 16, 2012

Atmosphere is not impressive at all. The food was okay. I guess I will give it another try! The service was okay too!