“Very nice place”

Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Very nice place”
Reviewed December 26, 2010

I have both business and family in the area and stay at the Westin often. Check in is always easy and quick. Free valet parking helps!!! The rooms are very clean neat and stylish. Breakfast buffet is small but tasty. Nice little pool that us always empty. Good selection of beer in bar.

• Stayed December 2010
1 Thank psu86

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed November 24, 2010

our company was very disappointed in the business event we planned. The food was mediocre, the decorating tacky. not to mention, the event planning staff was disorganized and extremely rude to us. They were very snobby. We were paying a LOT of money per person so you'd think they'd be happy to have us there but it seemed like we were an annoyance to them.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
westinmtlaurel, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, December 17, 2010
I was of course very dissapointed to read that the Westin Mount Laurel did not meet your expectations for your event. The hotel sales and service team prides itself in working closely with meeting and event planners to insure that all events are flawless and meet the guest's every need and requirment. I truly appreciate your feedback and would hope that in the future you would give the Westin Mount Laurel another opportunity to work with you in planning and servicing your event. Thank you.

Brian Sheridan
Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed October 17, 2010

I've had several one night stays at this hotel as a stop off on my way home, and have always had positive experiences. Before I mention all the positives, I'll mention the one negative. The shower pressure is completely inadequate to the point that you can't use the double shower head. This is something such a nice hotel shouldn't have an issue with! I love the look of both the rooms and common spaces. Everything is perfectly clean and attractive, but not ostentatious and tacky. The rooms are sleek and comfortable. The lobby is small, clean, and refined without too much glitz, which I appreciate. The staff has always been proactive and engaged. If you ever do have a problem here, you can be assured everyone will help you if you bring it to their attention and give them the opportunity to fix whatever is wrong. The bar and bartenders are phenomenal. The drinks/food are excellent and the variety at the bar is impressive. The breakfast buffet is amazing. While not cheap, it is very appropriate in quality and variety for the price and one of the best breakfasts you'll have! This is the only hotel where I eat breakfast! Philly is 15 mins or so away, and there is a PATCO station nearby that runs every 15 mins or so. This is a wonderful place to say in the area, or if you want easy access to Philly without actually staying in Philly. This hotel does all the hard things well, so improve the water pressure already and be a perfect 10!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Tampa, FL
Reviewed July 7, 2010

I just stayed with my husband and son last night. I picked The Westin because it was suppose to be 4 stars. When we first checked in last night the the parking was not the greatest. We had to walk a long way to get to the check in desk. The reception staff was very nice and polite. We asked for one king bed, received our room key and went off to our room. When we opened the door it was like an oven in there. I noticed we had 2 double beds so went to call the front desk. The telephone in the room did not work. We lugged all of our things down to the reception desk from the 3rd floor. I advised the reception staff about the room and was told that they tried to give us a king bed but it wouldnt let her. The gentleman fixed it and gave us a king now on the 5th floor. When we got to our room the floor had large red stains on it, the mini fridge had only 1 beer in it nothing else, the bathroom was dirty and had hair in the tub and floor and when I tried to give my son a bath the nob broke completely off. That was not the worst part. The little lounging chair/bed had body fluids all over it. I called down to the front desk and told them of our room and was offered another room again. At this point i told her we were just going to go to sleep and I didnt want to be charged for any concessions because it was empty to begin with. She assured me we wouldnt be charged and would note my room. Well when we awoke we found a $19.00 bill charged to my card. To make this long story short we received an appoligy and were offered breakfast vouchers that we did not take because we were leaving to get back on the road. I believe we should have received some sort of refund. We booked the room through Priceline and paid $118.00. That was way too much for the quality, filthy , dirty room. I will also be making a complaint tthrough the BBB, Priceline and through Westin Corp. Offices.

• Stayed October 2010
3 Thank BeckyT24
westinmtlaurel, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 28, 2010
To Our Valued Guest,
I was of course very dismayed to read your comments regarding your stay and apologize for any inconvenience that you and your family may have suffered. It is the desire of the service team of the Westin Mount Laurel to provide every guest with an exceptional stay, but in this case it does not appear that we accomplished that goal.

Again please accept my apologies and be assured that all of your comments have been adressed with all of the appropriate department managers. Thank you.

Hotel Manager
Cresskill, New Jersey
Reviewed June 16, 2010

The room is supremely comfortable. Bedspread not so clean. Pool water smells horrible. Internet unreliable. Still the nicest hotel by I-95 exit 4 in Philly suburbs.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank 75xyr
westinmtlaurel, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 4, 2010
Thank you very much for the feed back on your recent stay. While I was of course very pleased to read that you consider the Westin Mount Laurel the nicest hotel in the South Jersey suburbs, I have still taken your comments very much to heart and will of course look into the issues you mentioned. The most important tool that a General Manager has in trying to maintain and improve on the quality level of his hotel is the honest and straight forward feed back that is received from the guest. Thank you.
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I recently stayed here with my parents while attending my sister's graduation from the MBA program at Wharton. The upsides of this place include: quiet, large parking lot, clean, pleasant, recently renovated, everything in the hotel room was nice and new. Rooms, lobby, and upstairs corridors looked and smelled fine. The downside was that it is clearly an older building and the renovation was good, but not perfect. I would expect a sloppy renovation from Sheraton, but not from Westin, so I was disappointed. The two major clues that this was an older building were rotted wooden eaves along the back of the structure (from which most people would enter from the parking lot) and a strange odor in the first floor hallways which is typical of old ventiliation systems. A competent hotel manager would have not allowed the facility to reopen after renovation until those issues were addressed.

There were two other frustrations, one of which the hotel is directly responsible for, and as for the other their responsibility is indirect. The first is that the hotel was apparently so desperate for business (due to the recession and New Jersey's chronically lousy economy) that they scheduled two huge wedding receptions at the exact same time on the exact same Saturday (a major no-no in the hotel biz), which created a chaotic situation in the parking lot, hallways, and lobby. The second is that someone (I suspect one of the drunk wedding guests) pulled the fire alarm as a prank at midnight. I understand that these pranks happen to all hotels at some point, but it was still very exasperating to get woken up at midnight by the damn fire alarm.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank coolcaesar
westinmtlaurel, Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 24, 2010
Thank you for your review and the hotel does of course take all guest comments to heart.

The weekend of your stay the hotel did have two different social events taking place and the hotel was of course very busy attending to the needs of overnight guests attending these events as well as overnight guests who were staying at the hotel while in the area for other personal business. I assure you that the hotel made every effort to insure that needs of all guests were properly attended to. The hotel does on a regular basis host more than one large social event at a time and schedules these events so that they are not taking place at the same time even when taking place on the same night. The hotel takes every measure to insure that no guest feels intruded upon by any event that may be taking place.

With regards to the fire alarm that took place, while I know that it was a major inconvenience to be woken from your sleep, it is good to know that the system functioned properly and the hotel staff and local authorities all responded as trained to insure the safety and security of the hotel guests.

I hope that you will visit the Westin Mount Laurel again the next time you are in the area.

Brian Sheridan
nyc
Reviewed February 12, 2010

It was my anniversary weekend and we want a place to stay not to far from NYC. All of the hotels that I seemed to like, they were all book. I took a chance with the Mount Laurel Westin, even though trip advisor had no pictures. We got there late, around 11pm, the young lady at the front desk was more than welcoming. She explained to us where everything is located in the hotel and also upgraded us. We stayed during the week and the hotel was not busy at all. Which is why I think we were upgraded. We were placed in a junior suite with both a stand up shower and tub. The bed was huge and there is also a couch area, along with a separate desk and flat screen TV. Room service was great, they came up at all hours. At point our key didn't work and the girl at the front desk came up to give us our replacement key. I thought that was particularly nice, since that happened to us before at a Sheraton and they made us go up and down 2x, after the key finally worked, it was such a pain (especially with bags). The heat and AC settings worked great. Our room was located in the front of the hotel. There is lots of parking in the back. I recommend parking in the back and not the side. This way you can enter through the back entrance and bring in food if you don't want anyone to see or other items. I would only stay here if you have a car. There is a Bob Evans across the street, it is like a Ihop but cheaper and the portions are huge (free wi fi too). Google Maps should be your best friend here, there are 2/3 malls in the area that a HUGE! In Cherry Hill (5mins away, literally) there is a cinema, and lots of places to eat like hooters, Bahama breeze (SO GOOD), Friday's, a few Italian places, lots of MC' Donald's, Burger Kings etc. There is also a great Sushi place called Megu that is about 10minutes away. There is also a Walmart about 5minutes away where we bought snacks etc. There are so many things to do in the area, I think it is a great spot. I could not believe no posted pictures, I felt complied since the hotel was excellent, absolute clean, up to date and the staff was friendly.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple