All reviewsbellagio restaurantrain showernj turnpikeearly checkbed was comfortablenew jerseyfitness centerindoor poolweddingniachloelaurel
Reviewed August 8, 2016

I only stayed at the location because of a family function that was taking place in one of their MANY ballrooms. In a nutshell, this location had many issues:

1. The bedskirts had multiple spilled coffee stains.
2. sheets and duvet covers had multiple unidentifiable stains
3. Dirty coffee pot (the coffee pod was so old it was dry and crinkled)
4. mixture of dirty and clean towels
5. broken mirror (only a danger issue, did hamper usage)
6. damp room carpets (most likely because of humidity vs. air conditioning)
7. Inconsistent air conditioning through out facility which created humidity, and moldy smell
8. room ceiling repair undone and leak started again.

Staff: EXTREMELY helpful and apologetic for all issues and worked really hard to correct problem

Event: The hotel did a great job with the function and the wait staff were amazing

Check in/Check out: very smooth

Pool: Filthy! Also, the slate tile in area is dangerously slippery when wet and dirty standing water around seating area.

Exercise Room: very small, but if all you want area treadmills, there are more than enough to go around with 30 minute limit. There are also a few free weights. Not air conditioned or poor air conditioning.

Restaurant/Bar: Didn't experience, but looked well maintained.

Surroundings: Many chain restaurants; starbucks; greyhound; Cherry Hill Mall

Wi-Fi: all had trouble connecting, but when they did, it worked well

Things to know:

1. This is a pet friendly hotel. If you have allergies, you may want to skip this location. I have really bad allergies and couldn't understand what was going on until I saw many people check in with dogs and walking dogs along the property.

2. If you use a debit card, they will place a large hold on your card which will take several days to return. I didn't have this issue, but witnessed many guests asking for clarity from front desk as they were not informed of this during check-in.

In short, it may be a really nice place to have an informal event. But, it wouldn't be my first choice when staying in the area unless they update the rooms.

I rated as average instead of poor because all staff were more helpful than any other place I've visited in a while. With updating, this could return to a great facility.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled with family
Management response:Responded August 9, 2016

Hello,

Thank you for sharing your experience and thoughts with us. Though some items you mention are things that never should have occurred, and I assure they will be addressed, there are other items we recognize are in need of a refresh and/or a complete overhaul. In that spirit, we are happy to convey that we are embarking very soon on a thorough upgrade of the hotel. We have recently begun with some items, including WiFi upgrade, change in key lock system and linen-less banquet tables. We also changed some of our team-members, and thus your kind words regarding the waitstaff being amazing and the overall staff helpfulness. We will then go into a cosmetic overhaul that includes the lobby, restaurant, meeting space and all our guestrooms. We hope you try us again in the future so you can realize what I believe is a premonition from you when you state that with updating this could return to a great facility. We agree, and that's exactly what's in the process of happening. Thank you again. We hope to see you in the future.

Reviewed August 2, 2016

The rooms at the Westin were very clean and comfortable. The restaurant had many choices for all taste buds. All of the staff is very friendly. Joseph, who handled the goings on in the lobby, was extremely helpful and friendly. Kudos for having him as an employee.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
Management response:Responded August 3, 2016

Wow, thank you very much for your very kind review. As we make changes to improve our offerings and experiences for our guests, such as our recent WiFi upgrade and exciting renovations, we also recognize the need to enhance our personalized services. We recently incorporated 'lobby ambassadors', and Joseph is our first hire in this role. It is fantastic to see, after only being with us for less than 2 weeks, that he is recognized by our guests in such a wonderful way. We will absolutely be sure to share your thoughts with Joseph, who will be thrilled to see his name mentioned here. I am proud of the team that is developing here and greatly appreciate your comments. We hope to see you again. All the best.

Reviewed July 29, 2016 via mobile

I needed a room at the last minute and decided to try this Westin for the 2nd time...already knowing this hotel was severely below par from a stay a year ago, I was hoping things had improved after a year...

The Executive Suite I reserved was not ready for me when I arrived at 3:20PM ET on a Friday...then I was told that the Executive Suite was double booked and that I would have to use a smaller room - #732 (a basic room on the club level)...I accepted the basic room because it was just for 1 night...when I entered #732 and I see a broken mirror (AGAIN!!!)...

Because of the broken mirror, I asked to move to another room and was offered a junior suite on the 5th floor...the suite was dirty, had red and blue stains on the floor and had towels stains with stains on them...

I reported that the lights by the ice machine were out and 7 hours later no one had addressed the issue...nothing better than getting ice in the dark...

Had I been traveling with the WAG, there is no way we would have stayed in this hotel overnight...because I was solo, so I stayed...

Starwood needs to close the Westin pronto!!!...how many broken mirrors are in this hotel???...at this point, I am convinced that the manager and staffers really just ignore these broken mirrors and lights on a daily basis...The Super 8 next door has to be a better option...

the attached jpgs tell the story...

Stayed: July 2016, traveled solo
2  Thank Rod C
Management response:Responded August 1, 2016

Hello Rod,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We recognize the need to replace the handful of cracked mirrors we have and that is included in our upcoming renovations later this year. We apologize that you received 2 rooms that had them. The issue with the light, though unacceptable, included a particular bulb we were awaiting receipt of - but we do also apologize that you encountered this. We regret that your experience resulted in such an unfavorable opinion of us, to the extent of making the requests you have made, and promise these items are taken seriously and are either in the process of, or will be, corrected. With the new company that took over the hotel several months back, we recognize the need for changes and upgrades and therefore are launching a thorough facelift of the hotel. We do hope you give us another opportunity in the future so you can experience these changes. Again we apologize, and also thank you, and we hope you enjoy the rest of your summer. All the best.

Reviewed July 25, 2016

Booked this through Hotwire. Was a bit nervous after reading the reviews. But it was quite pleasant for the 6 of us. (4 adults, 2 kids). We stayed a day before the democratic convention. No complaints. We arrived at 5pm, got dinner in the town and headed back and got in the hot tub downstairs. We had the pool to ourselves for about an hour. Only complained is we wanted the hot tub a bit hotter.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 27, 2016

Hello,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We agree that some reviews can be misleading and appreciate that you gave us a shot and shared your thoughts. We are happy you had the opportunity to enjoy our nice indoor pool, and we will check the temp on the spa. Thank you for choosing us for your stay in the area and we hope to see you again. Enjoy the rest of your summer!

Reviewed July 16, 2016

Dirty, old, tired. It is clear that this hotel has been neglected for years. The carpet in my room was stained, the dust ruffle was stained, the mirror in the room was cracked, the drawer pulls were off the furniture. The room wasn't well cleaned. A hanger broke the first day when I was unpacking and a little plastic ring came off. It sat in the same place for the entire stay (3 nights) which meant that the floor was never vacuumed. The first day someone from housekeeping walked into the room without knocking - said thought room was still dirty. Hardly any amenities.1/2 the towels were thread bare. This reminded me much more of a budget hotel than a Westin. Starwood should be ashamed of themselves.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: July 2016, traveled on business
2  Thank Effy108
Management response:Responded July 18, 2016

Effy,

Thank you for sharing our thoughts with us regarding your experience. Since you are from right down the street from us, I would very much like the opportunity to meet with you so I can apologize in person and also learn a bit more about your stay. Or you can directly contact me at the hotel. Though much of what you mention certainly should have been avoided, we are happy to announce our upcoming renovations - which will extend to our guestrooms. We're sorry you encountered what you did, but hope a future visit will change your opinion. If so, please don't hesitate to reach out in advance.