The Westin Mount Laurel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Aloft Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)
View Hotel
The Hotel ML(Mount Laurel)
Econo Lodge(Mount Laurel)
View Hotel
TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel(Mount Laurel)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsbellagio restaurantrain showerstarbucks coffeenj turnpikeearly checkbed was comfortableshower headmini fridgefitness centernew jerseyindoor poolweddingniachloelaurelrobebanquet
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

A disappointing property. The bed was comfortable, but the overall cleanliness was sub-par. There was a massive stain on the carpet outside of my door as well as on the chaise lounge in the room. The letters on the iron were work off so I had to estimate the setting. The bathroom faucet was loose. The overall property seems a bit "worn" and dated.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Dear Germatt2,
I sincerely apologize that you were disapointed in some aspects of your visit to our hotel. You raised some very valid points which cannot be disputed or ignored. I can tell you that all items and areas you mentioned will be addressed. Although we try to everything correctly and provide a great property for our guests we do sometimes miss the basics.
Again, thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate it.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I called twice beforehand to confirm a room with foam pillows and to be cleaned without scent since Starwood scents their hotels. We arrived and no notes on reservation - given a room with down pillows and scent in the air. Foam pillows never delivered.

When walking down the hallway one maid yelled to the other in the hallway "You should see the [--] they left in the toilet!" I've never heard this in a hotel before no matter how many stars it was.

The heavenly bed dipped in the middle and the foot of the bed was higher than the head of the bed. There was a stain on the comforter which was disgusting. My husband and I woke up with aching backs and necks.

The hvac system sounded like a train every time it went on. The bathroom had hair on the floor. No shower cap or other standard Westin amenities in the room. Luckily I had a shower cap from the last Westin I stayed in.

I was promised 7000 points to make up for this terrible stay. Let's see if this happens. A complete refund would be more appropriate.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JSStravels
Reviewed September 24, 2013

Booked a room for the girlfriend to get away from everything, while staying near home for a few days before we did some heavy traveling. I booked through SPG app with points 7000/night, which is a great deal since the lowest available for those dates was in the mid 200's. I called the SPG platinum concierge to schedule a spa day for her or even see if it was available, she said they couldn't book over their system and I would have to be contacted by the local concierge. I asked to be phoned ASAP, but they never called. So i booked her an appointment at a local spa. Which is unfortunate, because I wanted her to not have to even drive anywhere- but she still enjoyed her stay.

She said the staff was very attentive to her during the entire stay. Kudos to the bartenders.

It's across from a good bar if your looking for a good time.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2013

Dear Ryan C,
Thank you for letting us know about your girlfriends recent visit to our hotel.
I was very pleased to see that she enjoyed her stay and that the staff was very freindly towards her.
I do apologize for us not doing a better job with respect to the spa services. We do have a relationship with an outside spa company which will come to the hotel to provide various spa services to guests in their rooms. I will review this feature with our staff so that can handle it better next time.
Once again, thank you for your comments. We certainly appreciate it.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stayed w/ family in several rooms at the Westin in August in its top club floor. Previously, I've stayed at this Westin annually for the last 4 years. Over the years the hotel has gotten a bit run down. Common areas are still in decent shape. But the rooms are showing wear-and-tear. This was particularly bad in the bathroom which had running toilets and leaks in its shower stall. Disappointing for a hotel that I've seen in better days. But not a deal breaker. And the Westin's beds were still quite comfortable.

What I was shocked by was the cleanliness (or lack thereof) of its restaurant. We received vouchers for complimentary buffet breakfast. The breakfast was pretty standard -- nothing too fancy and overall would have been perfectly acceptable. However, they had placed decorative vases / bowls filled with fruits and vegetables around the buffet stations. The fruits and vegetables in those vases / bowls were brimming with fungus / mold. In one, lemons were literally green-gray in color given the growths on them. And all these spores were exposed to the food actually being served at the buffet stations.

Trying to be helpful, I pointed out the focus / mold on several of the decorative vases to the dining staff employee in charge of the breakfast. What shocked me was that he quickly tried to change the topic and divert my attention. Only after me and another guest told him this was utterly unhygienic did he remove the mold vases. However, he did not agree to remove and replace the contaminated / exposed buffet station food. We felt disgusted and left.

The level of mold / fungus we saw does not happen over night so clearly those conditions have persisted for a while. That coupled w/ the kitchen and restaurants staff's avoidance of the problem leads me to really question what the sanitary conditions of the hotel restaurant are.

With many other hotel options in the area, stay elsewhere. Avoid the Westin. It is disgusting

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Omar I

Dear Ramo C,
I sincerely appreciate your bringing this to our attention. I can offer no valid excuse as to why our staff did not notice this problem in our restaurant.
This is truly embarrassing as I can assure you that we make an effort everyday to insure that the hotel is clean and presentable. As they say "sometimes you don't see the forest through the trees".
I do hope that you will give us another opportunity in the future. You will not encounter a problem similar to this again.
Thank you.
General Manager.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

The hotel is in very nice condition and the rooms are clean. They seem to miss small things like not having amenities consistently in the rooms. I am a SPG Platinum member so I am usually on the SPG floor. The lounge is not open on the weekends and sometimes they forget to put water in the room. However as soon as I ask for something, it is taken care of quickly and always with a smile.
I stay here frequently and will continue to stay here whenever I am in the area.

Room Tip: If the sound of traffic bothers you ask to be facing the parking lot.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Suzpe,
Thank you so much for your favorable comments about our hotel. I was please to see that you have visited us on more than one occasion and feel the rooms and facility are at a high level.
Although we do not provide full service in our lounge on the weekend we do keep it open and provide dry snacks and beverages in the room.
Once again thank you for your business. We look forward to seeing you again soon.