“Adequate hotel if in Cherry Hill area”

The Westin Mount Laurel
Ranked #11 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Miami, Florida, United States
“Adequate hotel if in Cherry Hill area”
Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We booked a last minute trip that required us to stay in the Cherry Hill area. Made life easier versus staying in Philadelphia. For the price it's a good value. We had connecting rooms as we had our daughter with us. Hotel provided both a microwave and a crib which made life easier but did not have more baby care materials. (Not abnormal). The positives are, easy to get in and out, self parking relatively close, in house restaurant which was ok not great, beds are comfortable wi good sitting area and nice tv's. bathrooms are a bit small. Also bizarrely housekeeping was knocking on or door at 830am which struck me as a bit early. Also in between both rooms the carpet was ripped up exposing wood, nails which. Is obviously super dangerous. Ultimately if you need a convenient place to stay this gets the job done. If you want luxury etc. you will have to spend more and stay closer to Philly.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 24, 2013
Dear Adam S.,
Thank you for your comments concerning our hotel. I am glad that you were generally pleased with our facility and we were able to provide the crib for your child. We too believe our hotel is a good value for the price.
We do hope you have an opportunity to visit us again in the near future.
Martin Faye

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Baltimore, MD
Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband and I arrived on a Friday evening at approximately 10:15 pm. We checked into our room, which did not have air conditioning..in June. It took the staff 1.5 hours to get us into another room, because the hotel was booked. Ironically enough, staff slipped and told us that they were sent to check the air earlier in the day. So they knowingly checked us into a room that was having problems with the air conditioning. The only other room they had available was either a handicap access room or a room with a GIANT treadmill in it. We chose the handicap access. We did get Friday night's room comped for our troubles, but when we went to check out on Sunday found that our Saturday night's stay was the price of the Jr Suite stay, which we did not occupy. There was not a manager available, and after leaving a voice mail a week ago, I have yet to speak to anyone. The staff was not overly helpful, had severe attitude, and was definitely NOT what you expect at a "high class" hotel. I would have rather stayed at a Super 8 where I was getting what I paid for. Not to mention that this was our first weekend away from our 10 month old son..the conditions were far from romantic.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kariwBaltimoreMD
Dear Karlw,
Please accept our sincere apologies for the problem with the air conditioning in your room. If you have an opportunity I would ask that you call me directly at 856-778-7300 so that I may personally discuss these issues with you.
Once again, I sincerely apologize and hyope to hear from you soon.

Travelers are raving about these Mount Laurel hotels

Monmouth Beach, New Jersey
Reviewed July 8, 2013

Let me start by saying that the property is quite lovely and conveniently located to the highway.
The staff was friendly.
The room was nice, but there was dog hair EVERYWHERE! One towel and one wash cloth; there were 4 of us.
The pool was in need of a good cleaning.
Maybe they were understaffed, I would hate to think that this hotel is going downhill.
It'll be awhile before I choose this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Dear TravelistaDiva007,
Thank you for your comments about our hotel. Although you commented that the staff was friendly and the room was nice I am truly sorry that you were not pleased with some aspects of the hotel. I can assure you that we take your comments seriously and those areas will be addressed. Thank you.
florida
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Let me start by saying we stayed at the Westin for a wedding recently. The rooms and beds were comfortable and check in was very easy. Everything was downhill from there. Our room was cleaned but no towels, wash clothes or bathroom accessories were replaced. I called to the front desk and they assured me that they would bring it right up, but by the next morning, I was still waiting.
The air conditioning in my son's room stopped working and after 3 visits, they were still unable to fix it. Getting ready for a wedding in 80+ degrees is not conducive to getting good reviews! Of course they didn't offer any kind of compensation. Even a free pizza would have been appreciated!
The restaurant has nice decor but the food is very average and the very pricy. On our second day there, we left and went to the Sage diner up the street and had a much better, more reasonable breakfast.
This hotel is probably OK for overnight business travel, but they are ill equipped to handle the number of guests in a wedding party.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank dasfl
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, July 5, 2013
Dear Dasfl,
You are certainly correct-- We could do better!
Although your check went well I apologize that your room was not properly stocked with adequate towels when you needed them. I assure you this incident will be addressed to our Housekeeping department.
I also apologize for the problem with your air conditioner. I"m sorry that we did not respond better to the situation.
If you do have an opportunity to visit the area again please let me know and we will make every effort to insure a perfect stay.
Thank you.
New York
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We stayed here for a wedding weekend and while the rooms were fine (spacious and clean), I don't have much confidence in the management of this hotel. Check-in time was at 3:00. We arrived at 2:30, hoping to get in a little bit early to get ready for the wedding. The receptionists told us multiple times that no rooms were ready and told our friends that a different wedding room block had stayed late and not checked out by noon, so the rooms hadn't been cleaned yet for the next wedding room block. I found it hard to believe though that not one room was ready before 3:00, but then when the clock hit 3, the rooms were all suddenly ready.

At every other hotel I've stayed it, it's never been an issue to check in early for a wedding room block. I find it to be poor management that they didn't make the other wedding group leave on time, or that they didn't make more of an effort to find a room where we could check in just a half hour early.

Overall, as the other reviews state, I'm sure this hotel is fine for business as it has what you need and is close the highway, but would not recommend for a pleasure stay. I had expected more out of a Westin.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Mella747,
I apologize that we were unable to check you in prior to 3 P.M. an your date of arrival. On the weekends our guests tend to stay in their rooms until close to the checkout time which makes it a bit more difficult to have the rooms available for early check in.
I would like to think that we could accommodate every early check in but sometimes it is just not possible. Again, please accept our apologies for not being able to take care of you.
Thank you for the positive comment our guest rooms.
New Jersey
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 2,285 helpful votes
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Nice and clean. Good location - very close to the I 295 exit, easy drive to Philadelphia and good access to many South Jersey locations. It is well described as a business hotel and a place to have a meeting. It completely lacks any warmth, personal touch or any "romance" to it.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this review, June 21, 2013
Dear Podrozniczka,
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel. We appreciate that you felt our facility was nice, clean and a good place to have a business meeting.
I promise you we will work on the "warmth" factor!
Malvern, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 12, 2013

This is a classic business hotel. The room features all the necessary items a business traveler needs. Beds were good, food average and the service average. Nobody going out of there way for you, but you get checked in and checked out with little problems.

When needed I will stay at this hotel, since it is the best choice in the Mt. Laurel, NJ area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear DWL,
Thank you for your positive comments about our hotel in Mount Laurel. We appreciate that you felt we met your expectations as a business hotel. Our goal however is to exceed your expectations. I do hope you give us an opportunity to do so in the near future.
Thank you.