“Nice. Not opulent or quite up to Westin standards.”

The Westin Mount Laurel
Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Convenient location. Decent room. Good desk service. That pleasant tea aroma when you walk in. I agree 100% with other reviewers: nice hotel, good value, but not up to other Westin standards. Dinner experience was forgetful - only three tables occupied and it takes half an hour for my entree?! Next time I'll try the Aloft.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Dear Ginghamand loafers,
Thank you so much for your comments concerning our hotel. I was pleased to learn that in general you were happy with the experience but were not completely satisfied.
I was especially dismayed about your visit to our dining room. We pride ourselves on our food and beverage service and quality and are very concerned that your dinner was less than ideal. I can assure you this will be discussed with the appropriate personnel.
Once again we appreciate the positive comments and the feedback on our restaurant.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

We found this hotel using trip advisor on our way home from VA. The room rate was very reasonable for a Westin and all the staff we interacted with were extremely gracious. The lobby was clean and large. Parking is free and right around back. We got connecting rooms one with a king bed and the other with two doubles. The rooms were clean and comfortable although one of the bathroom doors had a big chunk of wood out of the door and we could not get either cordless phones in either room to work. Also the cable TV was a bit fuzzy. We did watch an in room kids movie and even though it had been out for 3-4 months on video it was still $16.99 which although I know is normal for a hotel these days it seemed extra pricey. We also got room service for breakfast and it too was pricey but the food was just fine. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank KristenT99

Dear Kristen T99,
Thank you for your overall positive comments about our hotel. We are pleased that your family had a pleasant visit.
We obviously need to followup with the problem with the phones in your room and we will. I appreciate your bringing this to our attention. I am glad that you would choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed April 10, 2013

This is a nice hotel but it's not a typical Westin. One of the beds in my room was unmade upon check in. They changed me to another room down the hall - no biggie. There's construction/renovation going on on my hall, and the floor felt dirty because of it. Still, I understand they are renovating. What I don't understand is the single ply toilet paper and sandpaper tissues...very strange for a Westin where a guest pays for premium service and products. The toilet paper is seriously worse than what we had at my public high school. What is up with that?! This is a Westin! Recently stayed at one in Dublin, Ireland and was so impressed by every detail. This hotel leaves me scratching my head...

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank BonVoyageMonAmie
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Dear bonVoyage,
Thank you for your constructive comments about our hotel. I was frankly very surprised with your comments about our bath tissue. I can assure you that we only purchase two ply quality tissue. I personally followed up with our Director of Housekeeping to insure that we have not deviated from our standard.
Nonetheless we do apologize as we have not met your expectations for a Westin hotel. I do hope that you do give us another opportunity. We are anxious to retain your business and show you that we are responsive to our guest comments.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

On a grandchildren visit... advised to stay in the Westin which we did, on the 'club' floor.
Room was right adjacent to the elevators which had my wife concerned, but rather than change rooms, we stayed. A mistake. Muffled hum and ding dongs during the night.

Club room breakfast included. We asked for yogurt and was told there is no more. We said impossible and the server did go and came back empty handed. How do you have a hotel without any type of yogurt for breakfast? But it did not.

We made this known at check out and they offered to adjust our rate, so they acted properly with proper regrets expressed; nicely done.

But we wont stay next to the elevator agaiin for sure.

Room Tip: Do not accept room "x18" the x being the floor you are on. Park on the south or east lot...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Dear Getitright1212,
Please accept our most sincere apologies for your less than satisfactory visit. There is simple no excuse I can offer for the lack of yogurt at your breakfast. That is not a typical problem at our hotel and I will certainly followup with the appropriate manager.
I am pleased to learn that we did adjust your rate on the check out as an acknowledgement of this oversight.
Thank you for your patronage. I promise we will perform better next time.

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We were booked at the hotel next door for two nights over Easter Weekend. The front desk and manager there was unable and unwilling to meet any of our requests when our adult son joined us on our trip. As we were staying two nights we were getting nowhere for rolllaways or an extra room for the first or second night and we were also refused any refund for the stay. .My son ended up sleeping on the bare floor with no extra linens available by 11pm. We had breakfast at the Westin the following morning where we met two families who had moved from our previous hotel for lack of service and cleanliness. We went to the front desk where Jasmyne was able to accommodate our requests and went the extra mile to make the transition seamless. Even though we now were paying for two hotel rooms for the night, the move was well worth it. We invited our local family to join us at the Westin for a wonderful breakfast where Moulton our waiter graciously met all our needs and requests!! oh, and I love the infused water in the lobby and fresh fruit!! We will be staying here again when we are in the area.

Room Tip: we were on the third floor front of the hotel and no issues with noise. Elevators are always availab...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Dear Tropss77,
I was so pleased to hear that we were able to accommodate your family after moving to us from another hotel in our area. i will make certain that i Jasmyn is made aware of your compliments.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our area. Thank you!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Once again the family and I stayed at the Westin Mount Laurel. We have always been greeted by a warm friendly staff. This turn we were greeted by April. Her warm smile and pleasant personality were like a ray of sunshine. The family enjoyed the pool which is always clean and available. The only downside (ever slight) was the whirlpool was not in service, and there were numerous lights out in the spa room. My children called down twice for extra shampoo, conditioner, and towels (as they all have long hair). Travis made the repeat trips never appearing even slightly bothered. It was another fun visit to the Adventure Aquarium and Philly Zoo, made even better with a great stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Dear Henry D,
We very much appreciate your compliments about our staff and hotel. I will make sure that April and Travis are made aware of the great service they provided to you.
I will make sure that we replace any burned out bulbs in the pool area if they have not already been taken care of.
We look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Comparing the Aloft and the Westin in Mt. Laurel, they are both great hotels. Service is professional and friendly at both hotels. Location is key here. Ideal for business travel - Wawa, Starbucks and great restaurants all conveniently located at exit 4 on the NJ Turnpike.

Room Tip: My corner room was great and quiet!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Martin F, General Manager at The Westin Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

Dear Kathy S,
Thank you for your kind words about our hotel in Mount Laurel. We are so pleased that you continue to enjoy your visits here. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.