All reviews full kitchen sectional couch indoor pool fitness room check in was a breeze one bedroom suite off the highway rooms are spacious late checkout free breakfast two night stay front desk staff new jersey wegmans fireplace cereal dishwasher
Selected filters
Reviewed October 16, 2017

Stayed two nights while visiting family in the area. It is near lots of shopping which came in handy. It is set on a very busy road, but we couldn't hear any noise. There are a few corporate buildings behind the hotel which have walking paths and we used those in the morning in order to get some exercise (they do have a workout room too). The room had everything you would need and the kitchen was stocked with some essentials. The complimentary breakfast offered a small variety of items (some hot items and some cold items) and it was the perfect way to start the day. Would stay here again if needed.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

Well-run with a very generous breakfast. Very clean. We'd return here, happily. The hotel is a 5 minute jog off NJ turnpike when you are traveling north. To return in the morning to NJT it's about 10 minutes according to Google Maps. Nice, safe area .

You'll need to drive a half-mile or more to find a restaurant. Ruby Tuesday is the closest and it's in a nice outdoor mall with a Chico's.

Room tip: Go for the top floor if you don't want to awaken to footsteps at 6 AM
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 9, 2017

I was here for business Friday night and Saturday night. The room was a decent size, but the kitchen counter area was very dark. There was no under-counter light and the overhead light really didn't do a good job of lighting the kitchen area. The left side of the bed was right below the air conditioning vent which blew very cold air on the occupant - I had to pull the blanket all the way up to keep the cold off. The internet speed was fairly slow - not fast enough for video, but Netflix and Hulu and a few other services were built in to the TV. I didn't log in to test them out. On both days I went down early for breakfast - around 6:20AM. We were told at check-in that hot food comes out at 7, but there'd be cold options and coffee starting to come out at around 6AM. On Saturday, I was the 2nd person to come down to eat. Lights were out in the dining area. I found a few switches and turned on some. The person behind the registration desk turned on a main light and it was reasonably bright. I had turned on the light by the breakfast food...and then the women who was putting out the food came out and shut the light. I guess they don't want us seeing food until 7AM - I thought this was very annoying to shut the light above the food while customers are looking at the food. On Sunday morning, the registration desk person left the main light out so there were about 10 or 12 people eating breakfast in a mostly dark area. I get that you don't serve hot food until 7, but when 2/3 of your hotel is there an event that has them out before 7, at least you can accomodate them eating cold food by leaving the lights on.
...so some quirks, but it's still a Marriott property, overall reasonbly well run, spotlessly clean, and very comfortable.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed September 30, 2017

We stayed at this RI with our 3 year old son for a multi-day trip to Diggerland (a park which I highly recommend for kids interested in cars and construction, ages 3-12). We were out and about for the majority of the time and did not stay too long in our room, but reflecting back and reviewing my photos, I realize that the quality of my stay was much worse than I originally thought, and the room cleanliness issues were a result of ongoing negligence and not a one-time issue from one housekeeper. This is why I'm giving the hotel 2 stars.

I want to be fair and point out what I thought was positive about this RI - and the reason I upgraded it from 1 star to 2. First, the layout of the room was good - it was spacious, and the separate bedroom is handy when you have a child who needs to take a nap or go to sleep early. This was the reason we booked this hotel in the first place.Second, the breakfast was really nice: the food was plentiful, all the different items were re-filled regularly, and the staff servicing the breakfast were exceptionally nice. I like the fact that they warned the guests when breakfast was about to be over, and waited for the folks who came in right at the end of breakfast to get all the food that they needed. I especially want to compliment the Indian worker (I didn't catch his name) at the breakfast buffet who offered to make my son a waffle.

Now for the bad: the room cleanliness and overall maintenance. Again - looking at my photos, it was REALLY bad - and I realize it was just unacceptable. We arrived late in the evening, and because the lighting in the room was poor (not sure if that's by design), we didn't notice the nastiness. We rushed to get our son to bed and unpacked our things. At night, the bed was really uncomfortable - we both "sank" into the center of the bed, and felt like the filling in a taco as the mattress sides lifted to either side of us. The fitted sheet wasn't tucked under all the way, so, in the middle of the night (as we were tossing and turning) one of the corners of the sheet came off the underside of the mattress and hit my husband in the face. It seems funny now - but it wasn't funny when it woke him up in the middle of the night.

Anyway, the worst became evident when we woke up in the morning and saw our room (#104) in broad daylight. It was bad. There were water and leak stains all over the ceiling. The couch has a huge stain in the center, as did the carpet in the seating area. The wall paper was peeling in the shower (I think this is why you don't put wallpaper in a bathroom!) and the shower surround have a huge crack by the faucet. There were nasty stains on our bedroom wall, on the living room wall, and by the sink in the bathroom. Loose hairs in the shower and on the door frame. It was nasty. We contemplated on whether to switch rooms but given were only staying one other night and would have been late to Diggerland if we started packing up and moving, so we decided to stay.

Next, we came to the front desk and asked them for our complimentary 4PM checkout the following day since I am a Marriott Gold member. We planned to tell them about the room but the young man at the front desk was so clueless, there was no point talking about the room and wasting our time when we wanted to get to the park on early.. When we requested the late checkout, he responded that only Marriott Platinum members get a 4PM checkout. We insisted this was not the case, and he offered us a 3PM checkout. We told him this was unacceptable because a 4PM checkout was part of our benefit and our son needed to nap until 4PM. He said he'd check with the manager and get back to us.

Of course, the following day, we go to the front desk and there is no late checkout noted on our account, and no one had reached out to us. The lady at the front desk then extended us to 4PM. It doesn't end here, though. She forgot to extend the key access, so when we went back to the room after the park and tried to get in through the side entrance (which is far from the from desk), our key wouldn't work. Not fun when you have a tired 3 year old needing a nap!

In any case, after going back to the front desk, we got our key extended, and were able to stay until 4PM. On the way out, I took pictures of the room that I posted. That's the end of the story.

I definitely plan to return to Diggerland, but will find another RI property where the cleanliness and service are on par with Marriott standards. The moral is, if you choose to stay here, take a good look at your room before you unpack (and especially if you're traveling with kids). We had to put towels down on the couches so our son wouldn't sit on the nasty fabric, and he had to keep his shoes on the entire time since we were worried about the carpet. We were generally in a good mood because the park was great, but that extra stress from a poor hotel is just not needed on a vacation.

Date of stay: September 2017
Trip type: Traveled with family
Gregory A, Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this reviewResponded October 7, 2017

Dear InnaSky,

Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience at the Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate with us.

As the cleanliness of our hotel is a key priority, I am very sorry that your guestroom fell short of your expectations. Please rest assured that your comments have been shared with the housekeeping team in an effort to improve our service.

As a valued guest, we hope you choose to stay with us whenever your travels bring you back to Mt. Laurel.

Gregory A
Hotel Manager
Residence Inn Mt. Laurel

Reviewed August 28, 2017 via mobile

Stayed here with three kids. The room was spacious and fully stocked with what we needed in the kitchen ( dishes, cookware, utensils). There was plenty of room - king bed with a pull out couch.
The room was clean, and the hotel was well kept. Staff was helpful.
The hotel was very close to a small shopping plaza with a few restaurants and a cool entertainment center called funplex with rides.
Only complaint was that there was never any pool towels. I had to ask twice during one visit to the pool.
We would recommend the hotel.

Date of stay: August 2017