“Great stay, convenient to highway” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate

Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great stay, convenient to highway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

I'll start by saying we got this place at a terrific rate on Priceline. There is not much in this area for tourists. I am certain this hotel is usually used by business people (which is probably why we got a great deal on Priceline for a night during a holiday weekend). Check in was quick. The staff was really friendly. Everything in the room looked nearly new. Breakfast was better than what you get with a lot of chain hotels. This really was much more than what we needed for an overnight while traveling, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. (Bonus: Wegmans nearby!)

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to seeing you on future stays.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Arabic first
Naples, FL
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014 via mobile

I tried this hotel as I needed to stay in the area for 1 night. The staff was friendly, the rooms were in good shape, and the amenities matched the website.

I would definitely try staying here again if in the area.

I did notice that they typically have a multi night stay requirement.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. As you noted we do typically have multiple night stay requirements. Since we are a Residence Inn our guests usually stay with us 5 nights or longer. Our rooms are larger than the competition and our amenities are more extensive to cater to the long term traveler. Based on availability we do however open our reservations for single night stays. We hope to see you on your next visit to the area.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2014

Great for family stays. Pool, basketball court, within 5 minutes to 2 very large shopping malls. Hot breakfast buffet is very good and filling. Rooms are large, clean, with kitchenettes.
If you are there for an extended stay, the staff will do your grocery shopping for you, or there are 2 groceries in the near-by shopping centers. Easy access to I-295.
Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Hotel is on a major road (NJ 38) but was pretty quiet. Other than not being by an elevator (the din...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Thank you for staying with us. We are glad that you could enjoy our amenities for the extended stay traveler. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip.
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2014

Checkin was quick and easy and they allowed my request to be put in the recently renovated wing and it was very nicely furnished with a sectional couch that turned into a full pullout bed. The room was also very bright and nicely done up. I was put into a studio with 1 adult/3 children and we managed just fine. the new section doesnt have ovens which didnt affect me since i was staying 2 nights. the room was very clean didnt see anything out of place. The bathroom sink is outside the actual bathroom which i like alot and had the best and strongest light i have encountered. Had a big mirrored closet with plenty of room for luggage. The fridge had an ice maker which was convenient and plenty of dishes,bowls etc for what we needed. The breakfast in the morning was great: 3 hot items, tasty pastry, fruit, yogurt,oatmeal,make your own waffles, milk cartons,cereal and lots of little extras for your eggs,waffles,etc. Had an attendant there who was constantly replenishing items and also asking if you needed anything else, the dining area to me was big enough but at checkin the front desk did tell me if it was full it would not be a problem taking items back to your room. How refreshing I know other places frown about doing that. Parking,internet and breakfast came with room price. The pool is on the small side with spa, fitness room, and a little business area in the lobby. I noticed outside there was a basketball court and I noticed some covered grills outside. Because it was cold I didnt do any exploring around so I cant say if I missed anything. Convenient location near highway exits and major shopping mall down the road which included cinema. What impressed me the most was the professionalism of the staff from the front desk to the cleaning crew-extremely friendly and often inquiring if you needed anything-you can tell they were trained well, saw no negativity from anyone. Even better got most outstanding rate for this hotel probably half of listed price so I felt like I won big with this hotel. What I loved most was that staff made you feel like they were there to make your stay as enjoyable as they can-other hotels could take lessons from them.

Room Tip: request renovated rooms if you dont need oven
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
WOW! Thank you for this great review! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in 1 bedroom suite & even though the mattress was awful but was able to sleep until the third night when I realized the walls are paper thin since the next room was occupied & I could hear the people laughing/talking all night. Besides that, I found a couple of stained towels the first night but got them replaced the next day. The staffs seemed nice & I definitely liked the location & it is very close to many restaurants & grocery stores.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Kathy C
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for staying with us recently. I am sorry to hear that you did not find our beds comfortable. If you don't mind could you please contact me so that I may research this a little further. We strive to make sure all our guests are comfortable during their stay. If there is an issue we want to know so that it can be corrected.
Greenwich, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2014

I should start this review by saying it is extremely rare that I complain about a hotel and I travel for business 2x a week on average. I stayed at the hotel on a Saturday night with my family and ended up on the pullout couch. I noticed that the plastic bag in which the sheets were kept was not sealed but didn't think anything of it at the time. The next day I noticed a slight itch but nothing particularly alarming. By Monday I had reacted quite severely to a number of bug bites all the way down my left side, including on my neck and face. This was very upsetting in itself, but when I did research and discovered that the cause was undoubtedly bed bugs I was rather jarred at the whole incident. I ended up having to go to urgent care when the reaction to the bites continued to worsen. I informed the hotel who said they would inspect the room right away (ok, good). Their results came up negative, which does not in any way rule out the chance of bed bugs, especially considering that the sheets and pillows would have been washed after the stay, and the inspection was 2 days later. When I asked that the hotel reimburse me for my medical costs, which were not very high, they refused and were very insensitive about the whole issue. I would share pictures but they are rather disturbing. Will definitely not be staying again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JonzeeAdventures
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, February 20, 2014
Thank you for your comments. I truly apologize for your frustration. Bed Bugs have become a nationwide epidemic they are not a cleanliness issue. As a company we use a national third party vendor who completed a thorough inspection of the room. Upon inspection no evidence of any kind was found.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here more than once. Black paper plates and dirty service area for breakfast. No one cleaning and wiping. Rude front desk in evening. Will not return to this particular hotel. Have given second chance. Doesn't rate. Needs new staff...cannot sleep.

• Stayed December 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Windishore
Benjamin L, General Manager at Residence Inn Mt. Laurel at Bishop's Gate, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. As you can see from our other reviews this is not the norm for our property. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I will use this as a lesson with our staff.