“Terrible Cooks and Service”
Review of Applebee’s

Applebee’s
Ranked #11 of 117 Restaurants in Mount Laurel
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Bar scene
Delaware City, Delaware
“Terrible Cooks and Service”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

Over cooked steak, undercooked veggies, staff has terrible attitude. Food and smell of place was offensive

Visited May 2014

Tampa, Florida
“never a bad meal”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

This chain is certainly always consistent nationwide. It shares the parking lot with the hotel I stayed at so it was extremely convenient

Visited May 2014
“Brand new place poorly run”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

We live nearby and have LOTS of choices for a Saturday lunch but we decided to try this brand new Applebee's. I figured it's been open for about 2+ months so the kinks should all be worked out. The place is beautiful and there is PLENTY of staff moving around but there seemed to be little control. When we walked in an employee opened the front door for us and a hostess greated us but she was washing menus with both hands in a bin of soapy water so she and the employee that opened the door had a silent staring contest over who would actually seat us. She lost and had to dry her hands and seat us. The place was about 20% full but she walked us by the empty tables to sit us in the bar for some odd reason. Our waiter was nice enough but seemed "off" and easily confused. We had to help him along with each stage of the process. Drinks, appetizer then entree. He was ok but at one point came over to us with a little dustpan and broom and swept under my wife's feet. She lifted her feet for him but who does that while guests are eating. I saw supervisors and staff always gathered by a station near the kitchen watching the room but not helping or training or talking with customers. It looks like a booth near that same station is the "employee booth" as I saw staff sitting in it the whole time. At one point a female employee with a lot of hair sat there and aggressively scrubbed her scalp and hair for about 10 seconds then got up and walked into the kitchen. I watched another gal carry 4 drinks to a table by holding two and carrying the other two against her chest with her forearms. Our food was very underwhelming. It was hot but my sizzling double barrel whisky sirloins had no seasoning on them. I was served two dry steaks with no garlic or thyme flavor as the menu said and the peppers, onions and mushrooms were simply fried in a pan and mushy with no hint of a whisky. My wife's chicken was moist but again. Just a grilled piece of chicken on a bed of mushy vegetables. The garlic mashed potatoes were good though. I'd like to give you my review of my wife's soup but it never came out. I do recall her asking what the soup of the day was and was told "I don't know but we do have..." He went on to tell us what we already saw in the menu and never offered to find out about the soup of the day so she picked another off the menu but like I said we never saw it anyway. My wife came from the bathroom to say it not only was a mess but there was no toilet paper or paper towels. That pretty much summed up our first and last experience at this restaurant. Oh and for a bonus the place is right next door to The Knights In Hotel/Motel and in just the hour we were there we saw 3 separate people come in and sit at a table or the bar and not to be judgmental they all looked homeless and dirty. Looks like we are back to Champps, Fridays, PJ Whelihans or Miller's Ale House.

2 Thank Mike B
New Windsor, New York
“For our large group of soccer players, the right choice!”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

A busy place during our visit, surprisingly they were able to take our late reservation of 20+ including our whole soccer team of young "playful" boys! They were able to arrange the tables to accommodate all the boys with a few parents on the end. The rest of the parents were split up into other tables/booths. & on a busy Sat. nite, we were seated quite quickly! Can't remember our server's name (Sat. nite 3/15/14) but she was fantastic, got all our orders correct, had great patience for serving our young guests (even after alerting us to the spit balls and the mixing of nasty concoctions/condiments by the boys - which once she informed a few of us parents at the end of the table I had to stand up to address the boys' behaviours unbeknownst to the other parents/coaches of their rowdiness). She also had a great way of organizing our orders & separate bills (by parent/child tho not sitting all together) - she was on top of her game! She maintained a great disposition for which she deserved much credit. I just hope the parents left her a great tip for all her effort & superb svc! I gave her extra as my parent partner didn't give nearly enough! As for the food, I was pleasantly surprised at the 2-$20 menu selection and very good tasty food (had the chicken & shrimp in white sauce over rice & caesar's salad - very tasty option) + the oreo shooter dessert! All in all a pleasant surprise and experience!

• Visited March 2014