“Slept like a baby and so did our babies”

Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel
Ranked #9 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
GreenLeadersBronze level
Brooklyn, New York
“Slept like a baby and so did our babies”
Reviewed February 26, 2011

We are a family of four with two little ones ages 4 and 2. We stayed at this hotel when we visited the Please Touch Museum in Philadelphia. I chose this hotel for the super low rate and the fact that the king suite had a separate sitting area. The room was huge. There was a spacious open area next to the bed where the kids were able to play with their toys we brought. The bathroom was also very big.

Pros: The staff was great. The room was clean. The free breakfast was great! We were supposed to stay two nights, but checked out a day early because we heard of an impending snow storm our hometown was supposed to get that night and didn't want to get stuck traveling back to NYC in bad weather. The staff was very understanding and gave us a full refund for the second night's stay even though we checked out at 5 pm. I would stay there again just based on that.

Cons: Only one. There is only one tube TV, which is not very big and in the bedroom. You can't really watch it from the sitting area, especially if your little ones are sleeping in the bed.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank louisa227

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
New Delhi, India
Reviewed February 25, 2011

I booked this hotel with the recomendation from one of my friend and I found that it is really a nice hotel to stay. Because I don't drive, so I took there free shuttle service to and from my office which they provide to all their guest and with punchuality. The breakfast is also very good with fair amount of choices.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
New Jersey
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I read all of the reviews before choosing Staybridge Suites. I'm not sure why everyone was so overly happy with the place. There was definitely some strong, noticeable odors in the hallways. And within the first 5 minutes of walking to my room for the first time, I heard dogs barking from 4 different rooms. I started thinking about the carpeting.....what if these animals bring fleas?? My room was a 2 bedroom and it wasn't very "modern" as other reviewers mentioned....not sure if they know what modern means. It's actually pretty outdated. As for customer service, there was nothing great about them which is fine with me. However, when I called and told them that we had no dish soap or sponge, he told me to come downstairs to the front desk and get it. I was actually taken aback because usually, they will bring it to your room. I didn't expect luxury at this establishment....but it is FAR from modern and the customer service isn't the BEST (as others have mentioned). This is the first time tripadvisor has directed towards the wrong hotel. Who knows....maybe the guests with animals are hyping this place up since they accept them. I know for sure I would never let my kids sit or be barefoot on that carpet....animals do have accidents.....
Also, the lighting in the rooms is terrible. It's very dim. And we peeked into the indoor pool and it was so dark....that was the first thing we noticed. Felt gloomy in there.

Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We arrived late and were tired but we were still treated well. After being checked in we were upgraded although there was a problem with my membership that could not be resolved immediately. The free breakfast was excellent and the staff walked around ensuring that everything was ok. Lilia the front desk operator always smiles and make you feel comfortable whenever you need her assistance. We stay in Staybridge once a minth and really love it. Thanks

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Wayne, NJ
Reviewed January 19, 2011

We stayed at this hotel for the weekend so our kids could go to Sahara Sam's down the street (which was ok). We were so happy that we chose the Staybridge. Besides the hotel being in a great location, the rooms were very nice, extremely clean and the staff was super helpful and friendly. We especially appreciated the Front Desk manager, Lilia Cervartes for her tips on the area. After the water park, we took the kids to the pool, which was warm and very clean. They had more fun at the pool than anywhere else. The next morning, we had the free buffet breakfast, which was awesome. We really like this hotel and would definitely come back..and next time we may just bring our Chihuahua since it's a pet friendly hotel. A truly great experience...thank you!

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 18, 2011

we came for a mini-vacation to use the pool -- which was warm and pleasant -- and enjoy some time away from the snow. They welcomed our large dog, gave us a fine breakfast, provided a clean and spacious room (with sofabed for the kids! yay!) and an altogether nice stay. More importantly, when we accidentally left our daughter's treasured stuffed bear behind, they found it and returned it to us. Whew! Definitely recommend.

Reviewed January 12, 2011

This hotel is a gr8 location to stay because philla is just 10 mins away & lot of attraction as a visits to NJ it PA it's a best location with a infoor pool ......

• Stayed November 2010