Let me start out by saying the rooms, property and the grounds are first rate. They have free hot breakfasts daily and free minor dinner-like selections Tues, Wed., and Thursday. The area location is great if you have business in Philly and want to avoid staying in downtown Philadelphia (which I wanted to avoid). You have several great restaurants in the area and a few within walking distance. They even have a free gym in the immediate area (for all guests) because their gym on property is so dilapidated. Let me get to my few concerns and this first one I feel should be addressed corporately. I stayed at this property for close to four weeks. Since their suites have FULL kitchens, alot of guests stay for an extended period of time. Many of the guests will cook their own meals in order to maintain healthy diets. The only problem with this is the trash bins in the rooms are SO SMALL (they are small, desk, decorative "cans"!!), there is not enough room for daily trash (which is ludicrous). Moreover, there are NO trashbins in the hallways or even the stairways (if a decorative trashbin is too much for their hallways). You really have to experience this to believe it!!! I was told by the GM of the hotel that it was corporate policy that any type of trash bin was unacceptable in the hallways and stairways. Well ...... where do you put your daily trash?? The agreement we finally worked out was to call the front desk and tell them that the trash container was full, tie up the plastic bag, and leave it outside my room. I did this almost EVERY night. It got to be a real pain to do this, instead of having a kitchen sized bin that could be emptied each day by housekeeping. The other problem is that there are NO trash cans outside either!!! When you park your car at the end of the day in their lot, try finding a trash can anywhere on the property where you can thow out the trash from your car. THERE ARE NO TRASH BINS ANYWHERE (there are smoking ashtrays though!!!). I know this may seem minor to some, but it is VERY NON FUNCTIONALand frustrating for long term guests and should be addressed at the corporate level.
As for the staff, they are VERY polite and courteous, but as some prior comments have stated (see poor service comments), more than HALF the front desk staff is EXTREMELY limited. I don't want to mention names because I don't want to embarrass anyone. Again, you have to experience this to believe it!! The front desk personnel in question are very presentable and overly courteous, but as some would say, "the elevator never gets to the top floor" with these individuals. They had an extreme problem getting my IMPORTANT daily faxes to me each night and the GM Mr. Patel sincerely tried to rectify it. After repeatingly failing to have my faxes delivered (especially after one non-delivery cost me dearly), Mr. Patel bought me dinner at a nearby restaurant (Season's 52 in Cherry Hill) which I sincerelyappreciated. He told me he is actively trying to overcome his front desk situation and he knows he has issues.
In summary, the hotel is a first rate property with issues that you can choose to ignore (they just affected me with the length of my stay and my daily need to be in contact with the front desk). If you do need assistance with anything during your stay, Mr. Patel (the GM), would be a great contact to have with his sincerity and helpful personality.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- It's easy to make yourself at home when you stay in an apartment-style, extended stay suite. Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mount Laurel hotel's location near Philadelphia, PA creates stress-free travel to that city's attractions. You can spend less time in traffic and more time exploring bustling Center City and Independence National Historical Park thanks to the hotel's location near Philadelphia, PA. If you want to go shopping, Cherry Hill Mall, less than 10 minutes away, features a large selection of well-known stores and great dining establishments. Whether a project, training or relocation brings you to Mount Laurel, NJ, the hotel's staff makes you feel at home. Stay fit with a basketball or volleyball game, swim in an indoor, heated pool and jog in the Fitness Center. We even provide guests with a free guest laundry facility. Take advantage of our pet friendly hotel's affordable rates and reserve your Mt. Laurel suite today. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Staybridge Suites Philadelphia - Mt Laurel Hotel Mount Laurel
- Staybridge Suites Mount Laurel