Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #14 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
North Bergen, New Jersey
“Awesome hotel”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

If you are in this area this is the place to stay. Great prices, the hotel is very nice, the room was beautiful and super clean. The breakfast was really good, they have fresh coffee 24/7 and the staff is really nice.

I stayed at this hotel 2 weekends ago because my daughter had a softball tournament nearby, that night I needed to wash her uniform for the next morning and I had no quarters so I went downstairs to get change and they had ran out of quarters so Danielle A. the Front Desk Manager offered to wash my daughter's uniform. She washed it, dried it and folded everything. She went out of her way to make my daughter and us feel super comfortable, welcome and right at home.

Thank you Dannielle and Comfort Inn and Suites for a great stay!!! Will always stay there when I am in the area.

Room Tip: We stayed in the 2nd floor in room 238 and it was a suite and very pretty and clean.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Chestnut Hill, MA
Reviewed October 13, 2012

This hotel is in the midst of a renovation of the public spaces on the first floor. It's not a big problem, and the management is attempting to make up for it with some extras.

The rooms of the hotel have been renovated recently, and in the case of my first-floor room, it really shows. I made some photos of the space which should be attached.

Check-in was expertly handled by Danielle who went out of her way to make this motorcycle traveler feel welcome. After I brought in my gear she specifically inquired about how I liked the room.

The furnishings were clearly updated, the lighting was great, desk space provided plenty of room for work, and the electrical connections were just what I needed. WiFI was broad and strong and was an easy connection.

Cleanliness of the room and bathroom was first rate. Air conditioning and heating worked well, but I'd suggest the hotel invest in those plastic guards which keep the drapes from blowing over the fan unit. The blowing drapes captured most of the air coming into the room, keeping it from circulating. Not a big deal, but easily remedied.

Breakfast was the usual fare, and the day I was there eggs and bacon were the hot items.

As noted above, I was in a first-floor room and heard no noise from the rooms on either side, nor from above.

There seems to be a lot of competition for hotels in this area, but this seems to be a hotel that should easily win the traveler's dollars.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Deborah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
I wanted to take this time to say thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a postive experience with our staff. We take the feedback that we get from our customers very seriously and we appreciate your kind words.
I wanted to let you know that our lobby/breakfast renovations will be completed by the end of October and the room’s portion of our renovations was just completed in March. When all said and done the 1 million dollar upgrade will complement our service and make us a premier hotel in the Mount Laurel, NJ area.
I hope to see you again in the near future. (Like) us on Facebook to stay current on all the hotel renovation inspirations.

Portland, Maine
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed here one night because it was just outside of Philadelphia and we were dropping our son at college the next morning.

Parts of the hotel are currently being renovated and they provided a little gift bag as a thank you which was very nice. Our room was clean and the beds were comfortable.

Breakfast the next morning was a bit crowded due to the renovations but all the guests were patient and understanding.

There are many restaurants nearby to chose from for breakfast, lunch and dinner. They have a list at the front desk. The woman at the front desk was very friendly, efficient, and professional.

The drive into Philadelphia was very easy from this location.

We will most likely stay here again when we pick our son up at the end of the school year.

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank trvl4fun2day
Deborah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I wanted to take this time to say thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us. We take the feedback that we get from our customers very seriously and we appreciate your kind words. Our lobby/breakfast renovations will be completed by the end of October and the room’s portion of our renovations was just completed in March. When all said and done the 1 million dollar upgrade will complement our service and make us a premier hotel in the Mount Laurel, NJ area. I am glad to hear that you will be staying with us again in the near future. (Like) us on Facebook to stay current on all the hotel renovation inspirations.

Sincerey, Deborah Magaldi, General Manager
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2012

We had to return to my husbands hometown of Cherry Hill for a funeral. We stayed at a different hotel that was a little closer the first night. What a dump! We checked out early and moved a little further from where our family was gathering but it was totally worth it. I had stayed at this Comfort Inn for work a few months ago. It was clean, comfortable, and the staff was really nice! Breakfast was nicely set up and everything was kept very clean. I should have booked her in the first place. We really appreciated such a restful stay!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Deborah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
Dear Heidi P,

I wanted to take this time to say thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled that had such a restful stay with us, had a positive experience with the staff and enjoyed our breakfast. We take the feedback that we get from our customers very seriously and we appreciate your kind words.
I wanted to let you know that we have been in the process of renovating the hotel and have completed the room’s portion of our renovations and have begun renovation of the public space. When all said and done the 1 million dollar upgrade will complement our service and make us a premier hotel in the Mount Laurel, NJ area. We will continue to stock breakfast for our guest enjoyment and we look forward to many more of your tips. (Like) us on Facebook to stay current on all the hotel renovation inspirations

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 13, 2012

From the time I contacted the hotel until the time I left, I was treated as a valued guest, not merely a customer. The person who took my reservation made it a point to convey to the check in person what my room preference was, and delivered! People were friendly and went out of their way to make you feel at home. The rooms were updated, clean and well appointed. The complimentary breakfast offered a wide selection of choices - they were fresh and nicely presented. The lobby had a nice fireplace as did the breakfast room. Even the housekeepers were attentive to the needs of guests, and were quiet in the hall as they went about their work. For anyone who stays a lot in hotels, it can be annoying to have noisy folks in the hall; not the case here! Obviously management is solid. I met one of the managers, Donna, who was A+.
A great value for the money. And a a most pleasant surprise for those of us who travel for business and are used to the full service hotels. I will stay here again when my travel plans have me in the area.

Room Tip: Third floor at the ends of the halls are the most quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
I wanted to take this time to say thank you for your positive feedback. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay with us and had a posative experience with the staff. We take the feedback that we get from our customers very seriously and we appreciate your kind words.
I wanted to let you know that we have been in the process of renovating the hotel and have completed the room’s portion of our renovations and in the near future we will begin renovation of the public space. The fireplaces that you mentioned will remain. When all said and done the 1 million dollar upgrade will complement our service and make us a premier hotel in the Mount Laurel, NJ area. We will continue to stock breakfast for our guest enjoyment and we look forward to many more of your tips. (Like) us on Facebook to stay current on all the hotel renovation inspirations

Sincerely, Deborah Magaldi General Manager
Staten Island, New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed at my second comfort inn in Southern NJ as always the food was good hot and cold choices didnt have the same clean scent and my room didnt have the livingroom this time but it was still comfort inn! will keep trying different ones to see if they compare to each other.

Room Tip: 235 was a decent room could hear the noise from next door at times and shower head didnt change the...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Deborah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, September 6, 2012
Dear Princess0818

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites Mt. Laurel NJ. We have received your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. Feedback is a gift and your comments are truly appreciated. We appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We will use your comments to address our oportunity areas and make us an even better Comfort Inn.
We also hope that you will chose to come try our hotel in the future so we can show you our other room types that we have available and provide you with an outstanding stay.

Raleigh
Reviewed August 1, 2012

I stayed here for a night as I was passing through New Jersey and It was great. The breakfast was good and the bathroom was huge. One note that they should take is that they should try to dust more. The celings were very tall and made the room feel more modern. They should also have there staff look more professional and act like they like there job.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Tanner B
Deborah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, August 2, 2012
Dear Tanner B,

I am glad to see that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Comfort Inn Mt. Laurel and wanted to thank you for your feedback. A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. Because our success is measured by how our guests evaluate our services and facilities, I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we’re doing right, what we’re doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Deborah Magaldi General Manager