“Nice, clean inexpensive”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We just stayed there overnight so didn't see much of the place. The front desk staff was very friendly both at check-in and check-out.

Our room and everything else we saw was spotless and up-to-date. The breakfast selection was a little limited but fine for the price.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed May 27, 2011

I stayed here 4 days with my 2 year old son, my mom and brother. The staff here was great. Long distance from Philly and we had to pay toll each time we visited. Continental Breakfast was great, room was spacious and clean. Would stay again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Scarter_11
Reviewed April 1, 2011

Traveled to the area on business and am a Choice Preferred Member so try to accumulate points when I travel. Have stayed at the other local Choice Hotels and have frankly been disappointed but when I selected the Comfort Inn & Suites in Mt. Laurel, I was quite pleasantly surprised. Warm greeting at the desk when I checked in, hot and cold breakfast buffet with a delightful person who attends to the breakfast. They make you feel welcomed here. While the place needs a spruce up in some areas, the rooms were good with plenty of room, high ceilings, refrigerators, microwaves and comfortable beds. My only complaint was the pillows but they brought me one I liked when I inquired. When I talked to the front desk, they indicated they have just changed owners and are planning a $1million+ renovation to the hotel that will be completed this year. Once they get that done it will be perfect for me and others that I travel with to the area. Good solid business hotel in a good location for those who don't want to spend an arm and a leg for frills you don't need.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite on the first or second floor
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelMan1206
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We chose the location because we were going to the Philadelphia Flower Show. Our needs were to find a clean, affordable place to sleep. We stayed at another Comfort Inn in PA and thought we would give this one a shot. We were thrilled when we arrived. The place was immaculate, and everything looked pretty new. We were greeted by a very friendly person at the front desk, and checkin took less than 10 seconds. When we opened the door to our room, we were pleased with what we saw -- a mini suite with a king size bed, desk, small sofa with coffee table, table and two chairs, mini refrigerator and microwave, and nice bathroom. Fitness room was sufficient. Free breakfast was a nice perk.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DebbieViola
Reviewed October 13, 2010

This hotel was rated #16 of 26 hotels in Mount Laurel, so I was a bit skeptical about booking it, but it had the highest rating with availability and within my budget for a quick two-day trip to Philadelphia museums (approx 15 mins drive). This hotel totally exceeded my expectations. Check-in/check-out personel were kind and friendly. Although the hotel is small (which is fine with me), the interior reception areas are very nicely furnished, updated and welcoming. The same is to be said for my room. But most pleasantly surprising is how clean the entire room was. The bathroom appeared to be gleemingly new. Only minor complaint is that the mini-frig was making strange noises throughout the night, but my husband and 7yr old son did not notice it at all. (Maybe it's my trouble unwinding after an exciting long day.) Complimentary breakfast was over when I went to take a look just before the 9am ending time. There were still many guests eating there and it seemed adequate, but I had planned on going out for breakfast since the property was conveniently nearby several chain restaurants that I happen to love. I would rate this hotel #1 in Mount Laurel/Philly area.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Lily C
Reviewed September 10, 2008

I stayed here for five nights in September for business in Jersey. I reserved a room with the King bed non-smoking and they almost had to upgrade me to a suite because they said that they did not have any non-smoking Kings left. After a couple of minutes, they found one on the 3rd floor (only 3 floors). So when I arrived to the 3rd floor, the AC was not on and it was very muggy. My room was cooler and the AC worked fine in my room. The room came with a microwave and refrigerator. Also a coffee pot located in the bathroom. The room came with a blow dryer, iron and iron board. The bed was comfortable and I could not hear anyone else except for when someone would leave there room they would slam the door. But I do not blame the hotel. Breakfast was fine and there are a couple of restaurants close to the Comfort Inn. Chili’s is in walking distance. The hotel is off of Rt. 73. The only compliant I have about the hotel is the wireless internet. I could not log on and when I talked to the front desk, they said it must be my laptop. I went to Panera’s Bread and it worked fine that day. They only had one computer in the lobby and there was always someone on it when I needed it. The night manager even reset his modem. I even tried to get on line in the lobby, no luck. So the free wireless internet did not work for me.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank ScubaCF
Reviewed July 14, 2008

Had e-mail confirmation for a room at the price of $85.00. Had the wrong date booked and called motel to change the date and was told the room rate would be the same. When we arrived at motel we were told the room rate would be $130.00 per night.
Showed the clerk our e-mail confirmation and the price. Were told the best he could do was $103.00 and we would have to talk to the manager in the morning. We had booked this room for 3 nights. This motel is in need of a major updating. Room was not that good. Told management twice about tack or nail sticking out of carpeting at the threshold to the bathroom. The toilet paper holder was broken and the roll was on the counter and if not turned off properly the bathroom sink dripped. We did finally get the room for 2 nights at $85.00 and paid 103.00 for another night.
Had to stay one more night. Stayed in a different room on the third floor. Smelled of smoke and was a classic example of the cheap seats. Won't be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple