“In need of some sprucing up”

HYATT house Mt. Laurel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Riverview, Florida
“In need of some sprucing up”
Reviewed June 11, 2006

I stayed at this Summerfield Suites June 9 through June 12, 2006.

The room is large and very clean (including the kitchen, which in previous posts didn't sound too great). The room was a little out of date. The TV's were pretty old (fuzzy picture on all channels), no matress pad on the matress, the furniture was clean just out of date and worn, the dresser/desk/work area was chipped and all the drawers did not shut, the closet doors appreaed to have full length mirrors glued to them, etc...

Any staff I came in contact with were helpful and very friendly. (They provided me with an Ethernet cable for in room internet access at no charge.)

The breakfast was disappointing. At one point the coffee pot had run dry but it took about 45 minutes for new coffee to be brewed. The selection in breakfast items were limitied (i.e. scambled eggs, biscuits, some bread to toast and juice). I found it better to make a trip to Whole Foods the night before to pick up some light breakfast items and snacks.

It was a little too chilly to utilize the pool but I was told it was solar heated. (Still not warm enough for this Florida girl!)

Oh, I almost forgot, there are no elevators in this hotel. It is three stories and all stairs, which could be problematic for some quests. I requested a first floor room and got it without a problem.

If I go back to this area, I would probably try out one of the newer hotels on the same road.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
3 Thank DuffyDo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
  • Korean first
Collingswood, New Jersey
Reviewed July 18, 2005

My experience was entirely different than that of the two other reviewers before me. Positives were a very friendly check-in and the size of our two bedroom suite. However, the room had serious problems. The dishwasher apparently leaked and there was a visible stain and wet carpet around it even though we never used it. Worse, the garbage disposal reeked --a truly awful smell that permeated the kichenette area. Also, some of the batteries in the remotes were apparently dead--the reception on some channels was awful and 2 lamps lacked working lightbulbs. I was only there one night, otherwise, I would have demanded a different room or a refund. Also, the staff at the breakfast buffet was downright rude when asked questions. And, incidentally, the breakfast was more akin to a continental breakfast than the hot breakfast buffet I have enjoyed at other Wyndham properties. For the price paid for a 2 bedroom suite, I was expecting a lot better. I also responded to an e-mail sent by Wyndham inquiring about my stay, but never received an apology or an offer of recompense for the problems encountered. Very disappointing.

• Stayed January 2005
8 Thank CubbyandGman
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 8, 2004

Stayed there for a wk for work. this place was great!! Nice room with separate livng room and kitchen. They serve a hot breakfast in the morning and lite dinner/snacks in the eating area next to the lobby. Perfectly placed close to eating places and a mall. they also have a little store/freezer section that came in handy a couple of nites when I got tired of restaurant & fastfood so I was able to grab a TV dinner and drink and heat it up my meal in my kitchen.
the lobby eating area is wireless while rooms were ethernet. I was able to work in the eating area a couple of nites with my wireless notebook while snacking!!
If all Summerfield Suites are set up this way this is where I am staying!!!

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Edison, NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2004

Summerfields Suites are well known for its comfortable extended stayed and complimentary sit down hot breakfast buffet. There are two major types of Summerfields Suites, and this one is the one located at places where not much snow and more open with neted baskball and tennis court.

It is conveniently located at exit 4 of NJ Turnpike off Rt 73 that has lots of other suites around such as American Suites, Hemton Inn and Suites, Comfort Inn and Suites ...etc. All very new and shine. There are so many fast food and nice restaurants along Rt 73. The only PF Chang's China Bistro in New Jersey is blocks away.

I have stayed at all Summerfields Suites, and this is relatively better price one, but this time I got it for $45 thru Amazing-Bargains dot com bidding on 2.5* hotels at Mount Laurel, NJ area, it was a thrill, given the fact that the 1br suite has a complete bedroom with door and its own TV and nice King Size bed, extensive bath and walk in closet. The living room has a pull out sofa bed with TV and VCR and full kitchen that has standard sink with garbage disposer, full size refrirator, high power microwave, all cooking ware and spoon, forks, plates, cups ...etc.

We had a nice stay with BBQ party next to nice outdoor swimming pool and basketball court, kids love it. When my family visited me, I also booked the Summerfields Suites and doing the BBQ party and we all had great time.

This is simply one of the best hotles in the area, if NOT the only one. I used to have a dream of 2nd home, but ever since I discovered the fantasy of Summerfields, I found 2nd home is not necessary. There are dozens of them and they all look very same and when I get away, I feel home. And I do not need to worry maintenance of a 2nd home nor vacancy nor rental ...etc.

Sometimes, we came back from Washington DC and would dropped by here to have a rest since it is very close to exit 4 of NJ Turnpike, and have a coup of coffee while reading some newspaper and magazine and kids playing basketball. The staff there all know us since I gave them good tips while live there... They even gave me a feeling that this is my home and they are my housekeepers handing the property. Hey with $45 a night, I am not hesitate to kick off $20 as tip, are you?

8 Thank biddingforhotel