HYATT house Mt. Laurel
$119
Homewood
$109
Hampton.com
Aloft Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)
$148
$115
Super 8 Mount Laurel(Mount Laurel)(Great Value!)
$70
$107
$109
Agoda.com
$101
All reviewsfull kitchenomelet barapartment complexbasketball courtfront deskseparate bedroomsown bathroomomelet stationmain buildingfirst floorhome away from homeroom numberone bedroom suitenice sizewhole foodspull out couchoutdoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 4, 2008

I stayed one night at this location and the facility including the lobby, physical layout and the rooms were phenomenal. I would have loved to give this place an excellent rating but the service was awful.

It started with the check in process where upon arrival I had to wait outside the locked lobby door for three or four minutes ringing a bell trying to get someone's attention to let me in to check in. The clerk at the desk was obviously frazzled and was very unhelpful. She provided inadequate direction to the room and I had to go back to the lobby to ask again. The hotel consisted of several freestanding buildings which were poorly marked and difficult to identify in the dark.

Although the room had a pull out sofa-bed there were no linens in the room for the bed. We called down to the lobby and because it was late (midnight) we offered to pick them up from the front desk to expedite the process; we were told they would be brought to the room. We waited 20 minutes until they arrived.

The next morning we went to use the complimentary breakfast about 45 minutes before it was scheduled to end. The eating area, the food and lobby were an absolute mess. The place was disgraceful and even if we had wanted to eat there was no food left with the exception of a few bagels and some coffee. I asked the less then enthusiastic front desk clerk if more food was being prepared and his response was we are out and you should have gotten down earlier.

I asked about purchasing a Sunday newspaper and he informed me that they didn't sell papers on the weekend in the hotel "store". He didn't offer any alternative as to where a paper could be purchased. His general attitudes was disinterested at best and I thought for a moment I had mistakenly wandered into a government office.

The hotel itself was fantastic, the room exceeded all expectations and was in fact one of the nicest suites hotel I've ever stayed in. They obviously invested in the building's quality with plenty of room and tasteful furnishings but the service made the stay only acceptable.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2008

I have been an avid Hyatt fan for years but our most recent stay at this property certainly has us rethinking the Marriott brands. We had never stayed at a Summerfield Suites before and needed something spacious to accommodate 3 adults and 2 children.

The property itself was in a great location because of its close proximity to Philadelphia and Six Flags in Jackson, NJ. We opted for a 2-bedroom Trio with 2 doubles in one room and a king bed in the other at a rate of $203.50 per nt (tax included). The property is setup like a condo community so I don't recommend staying on the higher floor (3-stories) because they do not have an elevator on the premises and you will have to walk up and down the stairs each time.

The rooms were nicely furnished and each bedroom had their own bathroom and shower. The living room was equipped with a large HDTV and DVD player. The kitchen had all new stainless steel appliances: Microwave, full size refrigerator, stove complete with oven and a dishwasher. However; the kitchen contents were plain sad. We arrived for 4th of July and planned to make use of the grill for our cookout. We had to go out and buy pots pans and bowls because there was nothing more than one sad looking 6" frying pan and a stained strainer in the lower cabinets and a few mismatched plates and coffee mugs in the upper cabinets.

The grounds were immaculate. The basketball court gave kids plenty to do, and it was very close to the pool. They had two gas grills - one of which would burn your food to a crisp because the gas regulator was broken but the other did fine. There was also a nice fitness center, although I didn't see anyone utilizing it during our stay.

Now the kicker - The attitude of the kitchen staff was unlike anything I have ever seen in the service industry. We arrived for our first continental breakfast on Day 1 around 9:00 am and many items were picked over. The eggs were scrambled but they had a great deal of liquid standing in them - they were not edible at all. The corned beef hash was so salty that no one attempted to eat it. I was able to get one cup of coffee before they ran out and it was never replaced the entire time we sat in the breakfast area. The French toast and raisin bread was nice but once it was gone, it was not replaced.

The staff made no attempt to refill anything from 9 am until 10:30 (when breakfast ended) except the boxed cereal and one loaf of plain sliced bread. When a guest asked the only kitchen staff we saw the entire time (male with European accent) why nothing was being replenished, he stated "IT IS WHAT IT IS" referring to the remnants of what was left of breakfast. The numerous looks of disgust and disbelief on other hotel patrons faces echoed the exact same sentiment that we felt. No coffee, no bagels, no meat, very limited fruit and absolutely nothing was being replenished once it was gone. We have stayed at numerous Hyatt properties and I have to admit this was the worst breakfast experience we have ever encountered.

On Day 2 we went down to see if anything had improved and found that a waffle iron had been brought out but no batter to make the waffles could be found. Otherwise, it was the same sad scenario as the previous day. We elected to skip breakfast at the hotel and checked out early to go to Bob Evans instead.

While I realize that the breakfast is complimentary, this is not the Hyatt standard. I recently visited the Hyatt Place - Miami Airport and the Hawthorne Suites Elkton where the food and wait staff were phenomenal. Not only was everything kept fully stocked (there was a staff member that actually stood in the breakfast area and constantly monitored the selections at both of these hotels) but also the selections were a great deal better (particularly in Miami). I kept explaining to my guests (5 in our party) that this was not the standard for Hyatt. They initially insisted on staying at a Marriott property but I insisted that Hyatt was the way to go. Now I look like a fool for recommending a Hyatt property.

Aside from breakfast, the facility and room accommodations were nice. Unfortunately, I won't be able to convince the others in my party that Hyatt is comparable to Marriott. Because of this experience, I may be switching to Marriott myself.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 13, 2008

We booked two two-bedroom suites at the Summerfield Suites in Mount Laurel for a visit to nearby Philadelphia in early April 2008. The rooms are clean and initially very attractive. It is obvious that the kitchen has been recently remodeled, with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances. However, in order to use these appliances you may need to bring your own cookware, etc. The kitchens are pathetically stocked: one small frying pan, one small pot, a few bowls, and half a dozen mis-matched plates and cups. So if you plan on actually using the kitchens (as we had) be ye warned. Also, one of the suites we booked did not have a DVD player or a hair dryer, as was promised in the amenities. We complained at checkout and the clerk was completely ambivalent. The tub and toilet area of the rooms were left untouched in the recent remodel - very ugly. Lots of little problems that needed fixing.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed March 19, 2008

Booked the room through "Hotwire" two days before our one night stay. Check in was quick and uneventful. Room was quite large and looked to be very recently renovated. Room had wet bar, fridge, and a large sitting area with a great sofa and LARGE screen HDTV. The two double beds were comfortable and well made up with great pillows. Had a little plumbing trouble that was quickly remedied by friendly staff. A great place to stay with clean well appointed room, friendly staff, and a short commute to Philly.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 15, 2008

First, I was given a key to a room that had someone else in it! That is really creepy, to go to a room and insert your key, and open the door to find towels all over, shoes, a baseball cap, close door fast! They walked up with me to the second room, and it was ready. The room was good sized and the HDTV very big. The room was clean. The breakfast was very bare bones - bread, bagels, english muffins, cereal, some fruit. NO muffins, pastries, donuts, hard boiled eggs, or make your own waffles, very skimpy. Not real impressed.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled solo