“Wasn't disappointed”

Red Roof Inn Mount Laurel
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed July 1, 2007

Red Roof Inns is my favorite budget motel chain and this location did not disappoint. I had a large business king room on the ground floor that appeared to be recently refurbished and was very clean. As a Redicard member check-in & check-out was completed in a matter of seconds by a friendly front desk clerk. If you're into such fare, there is a Bob Evans restaurant next door.

I would not hesitate to recommend.

Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank LifetimeNewYorker

Reviewed February 5, 2007

This place is a horrible hotel. First, I check in, drop off my luggage, and go get something to eat. I come back to find my room wide open, so I go to the front desk to report it, where i get the "Well, maybe you didnt close the door" and "I'm the only one here, so". The next night, a local prostitute moved in next door and started peddling her wares, so there was traffic all night, and even worse, she was a screamer. So I go to the front desk to report this, where I find the attendant asleep. Don't waste your money here. Go to the REsidence Inn in Cherry Hill

• Stayed: February 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank CommandoBob
Reviewed December 21, 2006

We found this to be a real bargain for a hotel near the New Jersey Turnpike for an overnight stay. The room was clean, comfortable and appeared to be recently remodeled. The rates were significantly lower than other hotels near the Turnpike.

The hotel was far enough away from a highway to be quiet. We would definitely stay there again without hesitation.

The only cautions I would offer are that: 1) while the hotel's Website directions are accurate, it is difficiult to find at night. What the directions fail to indicate is that the hotel is BEHIND a Bob Evans restaurant and shares the sign with Bob Evans. The hotel's sign is below the Bob Evan sign and we drove around for half an hour looking for the hotel and geting lost trying to get back on the highway. Had we known it was behind Bob Evans, it would have been very easy. 2) The hotel has no elevator so if you have heavy luggage, it might make sense to request a first floor room. We didn't think about this and had to lug our suitcases up and down the stairs. Neither of these are major concerns, but just things to be aware of.

• Stayed: December 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Harvey B
Reviewed October 5, 2006

Entire hotel is Smoke Free. Double beds, bedding, pillows were very comfortable. Rooms were like new and very clean. Staff was friendly. Latte Machine in Hotel Lobby provides several flavors of latte plus hot chocolate and freshly ground coffee.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled on business
Reviewed August 20, 2006

This is the 3rd time i have visited New Jersey and i have not had good luck finding an inexpensive Hotel/Motel. I read the reviews here and decided to take a chance. I rented a business king for 11 days and was very happy with the room. The bed was gigantic and very comfortable and the room was qhite large. I can not say anything bad about The Red Roof Inn. My stay was very pleasant and the staff were very friendly

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled solo
1  Thank Pussnboots
A TripAdvisor Member
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 21, 2006

This is a terrific place for the price. I stayed at the place because I had an interview in Philadelphia. It's not far at all and the drive is peaceful (minimal traffic route). When I got to the place at night, I was surprised that the lobby had bulletproof glass and that I had to use a drawer to pass paperwork, etc. back and forth with the front desk person.

Once I got to the room, it was great. The room looked new and remodeled. Plenty of towels. Soap and shampoo provided. There was no ironing table/iron so I requested it from the front desk. By the time I got back to the lobby, it was placed outside in the lobby, with the front desk person safely tucked back behind the safety glass. :)

Forewarning: do not trust the Red Roof Inn pics for this hotel on their website. It's not nearly that nice. But it still is a great place. The only negative was that there was no wake-up call even though they asked me if I needed one. Luckily, I had my own alarm with me.

Stayed: February 2006
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 7, 2005

We had booked this on the net and enjoyed that we had paid a little extra for their business king, nice, pretty big room, with the extras mentioned by another review. The room was very clean. We got free coffee and a newspaper in the reception every morning and a Bob Evans next door had all the food you would need withing walking distance. The receptionist also had menues for other places we could call to order food. One day we went into Philadelphia by car, but the next day we took the car down to the next local PACE station, free parking after 10 am, and took the train in to the historic center of Philly. a 20 minutes ride. The room was quiet, the Inn is slightly off the main road, but still very easy to find.

• Stayed: June 2005