All reviews bob evans deluxe room new flat screen per year new jersey nice job room was spotless nj turnpike overnight stay location is great great customer service off the highway free breakfast motel philly hardwood melissa
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the mt laurel, NJ location in summer of 2011, it was a low cost alternative to staying directly in Philadelphia, but within very close distance. I don't remember exact costs, but it was a steal and a good value. I used retailmenot.com and found a coupon code and scored 15 dollars off a night, it just depends what coupons are floating around at the time. I can't comment on the staff, because rarely did we deal with them or need to. But there was never a problem. The rooms seemed to be recently remodeled and renovated. They were in excellent condition, but no frills, Just your standard hotel room. For us, it worked out well.. we didn't spend much of our time in the room anyways. The only complaint i have is that the rooms aren't very well lit.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed May 16, 2012

After reading lots of reviews for lots of hotels within 20 minutes of Philadelphia, I settled skeptically on this one. I had some bad experiences with hotels in that area. After a 5 1/2 hour trip that should have taken 3, with 2 small children, we finally arrived at the hotel. It was very easy to find. Of course everyone was in desparate need of a bathroom, and the desk clerk let us go use the room before we checked in. We were very pleased. Trust me, I checked out every corner of that place!!! To my surprise, it was perfect!!! Very clean, no smells even though it was a smoking room, even the corners and crevises were spotless! Oh, and the pillows!!! I'm a real stickler for a good pillow. All I can say is HEAVEN! I wish I'd looked at the tag so I could buy one! I've stayed in more expensive hotels/motels that weren't that clean!
My one regret is that we didn't leave a tip for such an apparently excellent cleaning staff (we were in a big rush to get to our destination - sorry guys)! I plan to find the staffer who took care of our room and send a tip, that's how happy I was with the room. There is a Bob Evans right next door that was reasonably priced and everything we ordered was very good. My grandson ate his meal and everyone else's leftovers!!
I've found my hotel of choice anytime I'm within 30 miles of it. Great job, Red Roof!!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank muffykmh
Reviewed May 13, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for two nights with another couple who are friends of ours. All in all it was a good experience. The staff was pleasant and very helpful. As we were on the go most of the time, our need to deal with the staff was limited but there were no problems or language barriers.

The hotel, or motel I should say, offers free coffee but no continental breakfast. This was not a concern because my wife always needs her McDonald's iced coffee in the morning, and there was one a mile away. Many other food options exist including a Bob Evans right next door and a Ruby Tuesday within seven miles. We noticed no signs of dirt or clutter and no appliances that completely failed to work.

Some things that are noteworthy for travelers are that this Red Roof has not yet undergone the national renovations currently in progress, so the room may be a little dated to some. Also, the A/C and refrigerator were a bit noisy particularly at night but not so much that it disturbed our sleep. I should also point out that I am providing this information SOLELY for the purpose of allowing travelers to know the conditions of the hotel. None of these "concerns" were addressed with management as we had deemed them insignificant for our stay. Also, the corridors are all exterior and the highway is nearby, but not so close that it impaired our conversations or disturbed our sleep.

Overall it was a good experience and I would stay here again if I were visiting this area. (Our main purpose was to visit the Battleship New Jersey.) I would recommend this property to anyone looking for an inexpensive place to sleep, particularly those who are traveling with pets as the hotel is pet-friendly.

Room Tip: Refrigerators and microwaves are available for a little over $5.00 per room, per night.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank nature-seer
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Pros: I have been consulting in the North East for 20 years and find Red Roof to be the most reliable for room cleanliness and conformity.

Redi card gives me a free room every time I spend $600.00

The rooms seem to be clean when I inspect them.

The staff is friendly and professional.

Mt Laurel Property is away from Rt. 73 so there is no road noise at all.

Cons:

No laundry at Mt. Laurel property.

Room windows do not open for security. There are also no vents. I often have to wake up in middle of night to open door for fresh air.

Beds feel like a rock. i have to bring a memory foam mattress to use the bed for more than a couple of nights in a row.

Room Tip: The rooms with two beds are larger which helps because the room holds more air. The ventilation problem is annoying, but the larger rooms get stuffy more slowly. Book at least a week in advance and get the "Nice Price".
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bklabel
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is the epitome of what comes to mind when you use the word motel. Outside facing, basic rooms with nearby highways and chain eateries. The room was spartan but relatively comfortable and clean, and the staff was pleasant and efficient. No free breakfast, but they do have free coffee. The best part for us is that the Red Roof Inn chain accepts dogs AND keeps the rooms clean. Average--but when you are just staying the night and they accept your dog--average is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family