All reviews bob evans deluxe room new flat screen per year new jersey nice job room was spotless nj turnpike overnight stay location is great great customer service off the highway free breakfast motel philly hardwood melissa
Reviewed January 8, 2012

This place is the epitome of what comes to mind when you use the word motel. Outside facing, basic rooms with nearby highways and chain eateries. The room was spartan but relatively comfortable and clean, and the staff was pleasant and efficient. No free breakfast, but they do have free coffee. The best part for us is that the Red Roof Inn chain accepts dogs AND keeps the rooms clean. Average--but when you are just staying the night and they accept your dog--average is good.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank PSUDanO23
Reviewed December 17, 2011

That was our choice when visiting Philadelphia, it was cheap, but far away from the Independence Hall and we had to cross some suburbs that was REALY scary. The room was clean, but clearly out dated, and with no fridge or microwave (they are available on the front desk room). By the way we had a little problem with the front desk service.... My friend that was traveling with us, but staing in another room had a little surprise when we arrived..... He was sent to a room close to ours and when he opened the door.... Voila!... There was a couple doing their stuff, if you know what a mean, and that was a very awkward situation... Specially because the couple did not seam to be that upset when that young man walked inn... Ummmm...

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank brFamily_10
Reviewed June 2, 2011

My husband and I were looking for a little get-away, a time by ourselves in the Philly area, as we do every now and then. While the rooms were decent on the surface, they lack the refrigerator and a microwave easily found at any of the dives in the area. You could tell the cleaning staff is lazy by looking under the bed and around the toilet, though it wasn't much of a problem till the second night. Coming back the following afternoon, found the sheets and washcloths weren't changed and the bathroom wasn't cleaned at all.
The real trouble started the following afternoon. After leaving, I realized that I left my cell phone in the room. Before going back, my husband and I both made sure we didn't have it on us, check the car and his bag thoroughly. We found the cleaning lady, the one we saw enter the room as we were leaving, and asked her if she found anything. Being overly insistent that nothing was in the room, my husband had to convince her to let us in, despite the fact we had already been to the front desk and got permission. Her behavior sent up a lot of red flags from the very beginning and the fact that she left early (the other cleaning staff was complaining about doing the rooms she left behind), only makes the situation look even worse. My husband and I went through the laundry and the trash with the consent of the management. Nothing. To make matters worse, I had a friend with SMS texting send a text to my phone. It was received and opened.
After going through every possible avenue, I am thoroughly convinced that my phone was found and withheld from being turned in to the front desk, aka stolen. I would not recommend this Red Roof to anybody. Rooms with more amenities can be found at cheaper rates right across the street and at least I know with those hotels, when something's left in the room, it will actually be turned into the front desk, not some illegal's pocket.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Blackcoldsun
Reviewed April 19, 2011

The room was clean, the bathroom was clean, front desk staff extremely courteous. Only needed the room for one night, but hotel was easy to find, and the rates were very very good. The bed was only slightly uncomfortable, but everyone preferences are different, really don't have anything negative to say, especially for the price we paid using AAA. Would def stay again,

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HollyC1229
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Had a problem with a spike sticking out of parking bumper and wanted to file a report. Staff turned defensive, no proceedure for filing a report, only could call police. Policeman's interest was obviously to protect the establishment and told me I was lucky he didn't give me a ticket for hitting something. Asked staff for a note documenting that I had informed them, no. Asked to call the Manager, no. They then through me out of the office. Red Roof had no interest in discussing the matter, they just sent me emails saying my problem was not covered by thier insurance. I think the damage was under $100. All I really wanted was to make sure they knew about the problem and to ask if they would pay for the damage, I never wanted to make a federal case out of it. We were frequent Red Roof guests (we have a dog). Now we will never return. Poor or no proceedures, poor staff training, poor quality staff. Avoid.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple