See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 22, 2012

On a recent business trip Philadelphia area, I was expected to stay here for three days, but ended up checking out within 3 hours of check-in, I was very disappointed and surprised as this hotel does not live up to the brand reputation that is expected from Extended Stay. The room was very out dated and in poor condition with furniture broken, soiled carpets, exteremly dirty bathroom (would not use) in addition to even the toaster having dirt and grime. The staff working the hotel is very nice and I understand that they are not given the corporate resources to make necessary changes. While outside of hotel has been updated inside is just not desireable. In addition very poor signage from the main road make this hotel very difficult to locate espically at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

Shaun,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

We specialize in providing guests with the amenities and service they require for an enjoyable stay at an exceptional rate. In the case of housekeeping, our standard service schedule provides one full housekeeping after every seven days stayed, with the option to purchase additional housekeeping services as desired. Operating our business in this way allows us to continue offering the same great rates to which our guests have become accustomed.

Reviewed July 18, 2012

The manager of this hotel, Jay Patel, is a real loser. He was at the desk when I went to check in, and I was early. I check in early all the time. Usually there is something available (I'm not picky), and if there is not the staff has me sit in the lobby and wait for a room to be cleaned, which usually takes no more than 30 minutes max. I travel a lot. No one has ever!!!! asked me to leave my phone # and they will contact me later in the day when my room is ready. But that is indeed what Mr. Patel did.

When I asked him if he could contact his maid staff and ask them to get a room ready while I wait, he informed me that he would not do that because then other customers might expect the same thing and it would be a 'trickle down' effect. He said that they don't ask their maids to clean the rooms out of order for customers. Really?

I thought the hotel business was a hospitality business, based on accomodating people - thus the whole idea of providing accomodations. I have called the Area Manager and have not received a call back. The next step is corporate. Extended Stay chain just might lose my business over this.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place and you'll be better off.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2012

Ended up here for 1 night while in NJ with family after our other reservations fell thru because of the power outages. Booked at 10pm and checked in an hour later. Hotel is a basic extended stay with minimal amenities. Fine for what I needed - a place to lay my head for some sleep. The bed was comfy and front desk person very nice and accommodating. Would stay again if needed in area.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 16, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write about your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a ""home away from home"" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Reviewed June 22, 2012

Home away from home. It was my Home away from Home, stayed for almost 6 weeks. The rooms had kitchens, which was an added advantage if you want to eat your our delicacies. The hotel is clean and the staff very helpful. Overall a very good deal.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel - Crawford Place, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2012

I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Extended Stay America Philadelphia - Mt. Laurel. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. Our business is one in which the staff gets to know our guests, who sometimes stay with us for weeks or months. We believe that building a professional, courteous, and accommodating relationship with our customers will continue to bring them back for future stays.

Reviewed January 22, 2011

I reserved a smoking queen suite a week before my stay and when I arrived they said they only had double bed smoking. It's okay...as long as it was smoking. I walk into my room and found other peoples' cigarette buds under the bed, balled up tissues under the bed, and old dusty close hangers under the bed also. YUCK!! The night stand still had ring stains from cups that were placed there from the previous person. Another YUCK. Furniture and beds are old. Pillows are terrible. I have one pillow that's down, one that really flat from to much use, one that is fluffy but has stains on it, and the last pillow is so small it is swimming in the pillow case. HORRIBLE!!! I should of just spent the extra money and stay at the STAYBRIDGE in Mount Laurel and got free breakfast. UGH...I WILL NEVER EVER STAY HERE AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo