“Comfortable Lodging At A Great Price”

Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Our overnight stay at this hotel surpassed our expectations. We chose it because of the good reviews, the Hyatt name, & the affordable rate (we required 3 rooms for our stay). First of all, the staff was friendly & accomadating. Starbucks coffee was available for purchase at a coffee bar in the lobby which was a nice perk! The rooms were clean, spacious, updated, and had comfortable beds. Lastly, the breakfast was most definatley adequate. If ever in the area again we will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 5, 2012

Hyatt Place is one of Hyatt's new consumer brands. It's hip, trendy, has a unique breakfast selection, and definitely has a modern elegance that you expect from Hyatt. On the negative side, it was a little pricey for what it delivered, several of the photos here on trip adviser that are supposed to be of this hotel (most especially the pool and fitness room) are CLEARLY not ... and the couch was just not up to Hyatt's standards. I had just stayed at a Hyatt House in Denver (by the airport) a few weeks ago and that couch had been the most comfortable hotel couch I can ever remember ... compared to that one, this one was terrible ... in fact, just about everything at this property didn't come up to that one. To be clear, it's still better than most other brands (and most of the other hotels in the area are far more aged and not as good, so I *would* stay at this property again) but did it blow me away? No.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Duane B
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was excellent! Hyatt hotels are known for being fantastic so when I saw this one at such a great price I jumped on it. I needed a late check in because I was working and they made a note for me so I had no problems checking in, which was a very efficient process. The room was perfect. Clean and accomodating. The bed and pillows were more comfortable than my own bed and I slept very well. In the morning their breakfast went until 10am and had many selections. They had english muffin sandwiches with egg, ham, and cheese; pancakes; oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, different breads, and donuts. They also continued to refresh the breakfast until 10am, ensuring that nothing ran out.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. They have invested heavily in the orange and brown modern style which is quite acceptable. In addition to the professional and happy desk staff, this hotel runs a kiosk based check in check out system which is good for busy or out of hours times.

They had one of the better breakfast buffets I've seen in the "free breakfast" range with a real cook making fresh hot breakfast sandwiches. Another big plus for me was plenty of helpful staff in the mornings to get you on your way.

The room was quite good and nicely appointed although they haven't been able to overcome the original structure of the building which means the bathrooms are small. In fact they haven't really upgraded the bathrooms to the same standard as the bedrooms. I love free wifi.

There is a late night diner close by that stayed open till 1am for those of us with late check in habits.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here to take advantage of having 4 adults and one child in the same room. We were in room 402 and upon entering the room, we were hit with a horrible odor similar to sweaty, dirty socks. The carpet was stained, the couch was stained, and since I don't travel without Lysol and Clorox wipes, I sprayed the entire room and assured myself that after dinner it'd be ok. The Chili's across the street from the hotel relocated elsewhere so we had to search for another dining establishment. Upon our return, the odor in the room was still strong. My daughter took a shower and told me there was black stuff behind the potty. It was horrible! The toilet/shower area was dirty and had black mold and pink water stains. I think we all felt dirtier after our showers.
The pullout couch was dirty with crumbs and the pillow in the closet was stained yellow. Why didn't we report this to the hotel? Considering it was 12:30 a.m. and my daughter was asleep, I didn't want to deal with their excuses. The room was not presentable and was a downgrade from a Motel 6. An adult in our party purchased a ham sandwich from the "grab and go" desk and found a long, curly hair in the ham. Seriously? Tried to return the sandwich for a refund, and they would only exchange it. Gross!
Bottom line: Pay a little more and stay somewhere where you are valued.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Nichole A
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here with my mother for two nights. Very clean and crisp hotel - no frills. Quick check in with a pleasant front desk manager. Nice bed in a clean room. Comfortable sofa to relax on while watching TV. Fridge in the room is always a nice touch.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in Septemberwith my husband. I was very pleased with the hotel and the service. One of my favorite hotel to stay when I am in the area.

Breakfast was upgraded to include skillet sandwiches. It was OK. I am not a fan of processed eggs. I would have loved to order breakfast as was in the past. Hyatt should make this a feature.

Overall, my stay was great. Looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floor at the end of the hall. It is a lot quieter.