“You can never go wrong with a Hyatt!”

Hyatt Place Mt. Laurel
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Scranton, Pennsylvania
“You can never go wrong with a Hyatt!”
Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel was excellent! Hyatt hotels are known for being fantastic so when I saw this one at such a great price I jumped on it. I needed a late check in because I was working and they made a note for me so I had no problems checking in, which was a very efficient process. The room was perfect. Clean and accomodating. The bed and pillows were more comfortable than my own bed and I slept very well. In the morning their breakfast went until 10am and had many selections. They had english muffin sandwiches with egg, ham, and cheese; pancakes; oatmeal, fruit, yogurt, different breads, and donuts. They also continued to refresh the breakfast until 10am, ensuring that nothing ran out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Los Angeles
Reviewed September 20, 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. They have invested heavily in the orange and brown modern style which is quite acceptable. In addition to the professional and happy desk staff, this hotel runs a kiosk based check in check out system which is good for busy or out of hours times.

They had one of the better breakfast buffets I've seen in the "free breakfast" range with a real cook making fresh hot breakfast sandwiches. Another big plus for me was plenty of helpful staff in the mornings to get you on your way.

The room was quite good and nicely appointed although they haven't been able to overcome the original structure of the building which means the bathrooms are small. In fact they haven't really upgraded the bathrooms to the same standard as the bedrooms. I love free wifi.

There is a late night diner close by that stayed open till 1am for those of us with late check in habits.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Alexandria, VA
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Stayed here to take advantage of having 4 adults and one child in the same room. We were in room 402 and upon entering the room, we were hit with a horrible odor similar to sweaty, dirty socks. The carpet was stained, the couch was stained, and since I don't travel without Lysol and Clorox wipes, I sprayed the entire room and assured myself that after dinner it'd be ok. The Chili's across the street from the hotel relocated elsewhere so we had to search for another dining establishment. Upon our return, the odor in the room was still strong. My daughter took a shower and told me there was black stuff behind the potty. It was horrible! The toilet/shower area was dirty and had black mold and pink water stains. I think we all felt dirtier after our showers.
The pullout couch was dirty with crumbs and the pillow in the closet was stained yellow. Why didn't we report this to the hotel? Considering it was 12:30 a.m. and my daughter was asleep, I didn't want to deal with their excuses. The room was not presentable and was a downgrade from a Motel 6. An adult in our party purchased a ham sandwich from the "grab and go" desk and found a long, curly hair in the ham. Seriously? Tried to return the sandwich for a refund, and they would only exchange it. Gross!
Bottom line: Pay a little more and stay somewhere where you are valued.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Nichole A
Maryland
Reviewed September 9, 2012

I stayed here with my mother for two nights. Very clean and crisp hotel - no frills. Quick check in with a pleasant front desk manager. Nice bed in a clean room. Comfortable sofa to relax on while watching TV. Fridge in the room is always a nice touch.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
New York
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Stayed here for a weekend in Septemberwith my husband. I was very pleased with the hotel and the service. One of my favorite hotel to stay when I am in the area.

Breakfast was upgraded to include skillet sandwiches. It was OK. I am not a fan of processed eggs. I would have loved to order breakfast as was in the past. Hyatt should make this a feature.

Overall, my stay was great. Looking forward to staying here again.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the upper floor at the end of the hall. It is a lot quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
USA
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel over the long-weekend for one night. I would say it is a nice hotel, the room is adequately spacious, a good hotel for a short stay. The surrounding is good and safe. It is right off the highway and close to major interstates. The only minor negative point was the front desk was understaffed when we checked in. When checking in, we find the front desk staff quite busy and would not even acknowledge that we are there and been waiting there for awhile. The room was clean. The bath tub drained very slow, but based on our experience with the front desk staff, we did not feel calling front desk to report it. The hotel had breakfast in the morning with choices of hot sandwiches, juices, coffee, bread, bagel etc.
Overall, our stay was good and we will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
marlboro,nj
Reviewed August 30, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for a weekend in July with my husband and two children. I was very pleased with the hotel and the service. Kids even enjoyed the outdoor pool. Although we did have a slight housekeeping problem it was fairly resolved and I would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012