“Average Hotel”

TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed September 29, 2013

Upon arriving we were able to check in immediately and were allowed a late check out. The staff were all very friendly and attentive to our needs. We stayed in the 2 bedroom suite. The room was a little on the small side and only had 1 bathroom in the living room and none in either bedroom. The TV in one of the bedrooms was blocking the mirror. I asked for a feather free room but the hotel was unable to accommodate my request. Our microwave did not work however the staff allowed us to use one in another room. We were woken up very early from the noise below us as people were opening and closing doors, Apparently our room was just above the breakfast area. The breakfast is a take-back-to-the-room arrangement as there are no tables in the breakfast area. As we were checking out one of the units in another building must have had a kitchen fire and the fire trucks were all blocking us in but appeared under control. This is an average hotel nothing special but fit our needs and was not too expensive.

Room Tip: If you sleep in ask for a room away from the breakfast area.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
Alex V, Manager at TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2013

Dear Michelle K,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at the hotel. While I very much appreciate your kind words regarding the friendly and attentiveness of our staff, I want to apologize for not being able to meet your request for a feather-free room, as well as the issue with your room's microwave. I will speak to our staff to find out why we were not able to accomodate your specific request. Also, we have since replaced the broken microwave in the room. In regards to the limited space in our breakfast area, please know that we will be undergoing a renovation in 2014 to create a breakfast room that will offer additional seating for our guests. I hope that when business or pleasure brings you back into the Mt. Laurel area, you will give us another chance to provide you a more flawless experience.

Best Regards,

Alex Vilar

There are newer reviews for TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel

Reviewed September 13, 2013

I have stayed at his hotel on and off for the past 2 years. I found the kitchen in the studio very useful as I could cook some basic stuff there. The utensils and the electric range weren't great. But it worked for little bit that I needed them for. The front desk staff were very helpful through all my stays here. It was not just one person, each and everyone of them were very helpful. Thank you for making my stay comfortable through the past 2 years.

Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Stayed here 1 night for business, as it was close to where my business meeting was. Clean, spacious studio room which was in main building. Nothing too fancy, but decent. Breakfast was a "grab and go" set-up with cereal, hard boiled egg, muffin, granola bars, oatmeal. It was complimentary so what do you expect. Would consider staying here again or another Marriott property (Courtyard and Fairfield Inn in same vicinity). Friendly staff. They also have a "spin the wheel" for Marriott Rewards members to try to win extra reward points.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Like most Marriott properties, this TownPlace Suites is as expected - clean, quiet, and convenient. The breakfast is a take-back-to-the-room arrangement as there are no tables in the breakfast area. We used this hotel as a less expensive alternative to in-town Philadelphia properties as we visited the Barnes Foundation art museum in the downtown Philadelphia area.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Hello all: Sorry it's been a long time since I wrote a review. Mom and I stayed here because I had Marriott points and since it's a Category 1 hotel it's the least expensive to stay - I was able to call ahead and successfully upgrade to a 2BR/2BA suite - at 7500 points per night. LOCATION is key = between 295/NJT and under 30 minutes to Philly or SixFlags and 45 minutes to AC.

Checkin - while late - the woman could not have been nicer and walked us to our room hallway - she gave us bottled water and a snack and was gracious.

Room - yes, I have read the reviews and you'd think from reading it was a flophouse. IT IS PERFECTLY CLEAN. In fact, the carpets were just shampooed 2 days prior and were still a tad damp - no big deal to me.
BEDS are super comfortable, kitchen stocked with supplies for families travelling or businesspeople wanting to cook their own food - there's a Courtyard and a Fairfield Inn adjacent to this property but the kitchen and living room make this a supremely good value for long term stay tenants...

We needed blankets because the AC worked almost too well - went to the front desk and was given 2 hot out of the dryer, folded with a smile and a 'sorry we didn't have them in the room' - sincere, not snotty, after midnight.

Breakfast - don't laugh - this isn't supposed to be a full breakfast - when I told woman at checkin why we were there she offered to pack 2 breakfast bags to bring to my room if we had to leave early - again, great touch - but we chose to eat there... Cereal, hardboiled eggs, oatmeal, variety of toppings, yogurt, juices, coffee/tea/cocoa, and Otis Spunkmeyer muffins. If you need more to eat there's a Starbucks directly across rt 73 behind the Aloft.

Again, for 1 night - it was quiet as a mouse, clean, safe, and above all, excellent excellent staff. Is it about time for a renovation? Yes, the furniture as mentioned before looks a bit worn but not torn or dirty. Everything worked and for whatever we needed, we were helped promptly. I would DEFINITELY recommend this if you want no-frills and clean.

Room Tip: Take a room at an end of a hallway or in building where office is so you don't have to leave bui...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently stayed at the TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel primarily because we needed 2 bedrooms and a good price. A family member had picked this spot so we could all be in one place with children. We were met by a very friendly staff person. When he showed us the area for breakfast we almost laughed. A small bar in the lobby that would have prepackaged muffins and cereal. The only words I can use to describe the suite is Needs Updating! The couch in the LR area was Filthy and the very outdated 1970's carpet was tearing and pulling up in places. Rooms and bathroom were clean. Outside needs paint job. The printer in the lobby would not print our boarding passes and staff person could not fix. Pool was tiny. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Like many others said, the hotel needs a facelift but it is still clean and fulfills its purpose. The front desk staff were all very nice and courteous. We booked a studio and upon arrival everything was in order. But after two person did #2 in the toilet, it got clogged and flooded. We call the front desk but the maintenance staff was already gone. Front desk Troy offered us another room which was a two bedroom suites and he gave me extra points for the inconvenience. We were very happy in our new suites and enjoyed it very much. Troy told us the hotel will go thru major renovation soon.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family