“Good For a Quick Overnight Stay”

TownePlace Suites Mt. Laurel
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I Stayed here on a New York / Philadelphia Weekend. The hotel complex is right between I-295 and the New Jersey Turnpike. The front desk was very welcoming and helpful they were even doing a Super Bowl Raffle for 500 rewards points. The room on first glance seemed clean and recently refreshed. After bringing back take-out food to eat in the kitchenette, I found to garbage disposal to be broken and upon closer inspection the room seemed to be in need of a thorough detailed cleaning. The complementary breakfast was the typical cereal and orange juice. The building we were in did not have an elevator so anyone not able to use stairs would have to request a first floor room. I would suggest this hotel for quick stay overs but not for the long term stays this brand markets itself for you can do much better with TS's bigger brother Residence Inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 16, 2012

After being informed by my employer that I would be on business travel to the Mt. Laurel area for 6 Months, I knew I had some work cut out for me in finding a good hotel that I would be able to handle for that period of time. Some of my co-workers have been on travel in the area and they recommended this hotel over the Residence Inn. I was told that the residence in was fairly new, however, was extremely unclean.

With that in mind I went ahead and booked the Towneplace Suites for a month of my 6 month stay, just in-case I would want to switch to a different hotel down the road. The exterior of the hotel makes it look very modern, and clean. Upon entering the building I began to understand why people said the hotel is outdated, which it definitely is. The lobby is very small, but what more do you need for an EXTENDED stay hotel? The staff was very personable, and even told me about the weekly raffles they do for Marriott rewards points. Being the winter, they have a raffle where you chose one out of two NBAl teams playing that night. If you choose the winning team, you receive 500 bonus Marriott points!

The door between the lobby hotel rooms sounded like one in a secured building / jail. You needed to use your key to enter this part of the building. Although this might have lead some people to question the location of the hotel, I liked it because it definitely made me feel safe. Going up to my room on the 3rd floor (of 3 floors) via the old creaky elevator, you could really start to see the age of the hotel by the style of carpet and wallpaper.

When I arrived at my room, I was pleasantly surprised at how clean it was. The kitchen, bathroom, sofa, and bed all looked to be kept up well! The sofa was located at the foot of the bed, and would NOT be good for a family with children as stated in other posts, but for my short term business travel needs it was perfect. The bed was comfortable, couch was hard but clean, and the kitchen had all of the supplies one would need to cook dinner for 1 or 2. The room also had a table, which being on business travel I used more for a desk than anything, and a fairly good sized closet.

The TV is in somewhat of a weird spot, but you can easily make it work so that you can see the TV from the table (desk), sofa, and bed, with a small turn of its stand. Since I was staying in the hotel for an extended period of time, I wanted to be able to watch netflix so I brought along my PS3. Go to find out, that these are very special hospitality flat screen TVs where you can hook up devices to their inputs, but will not be able to change the input on the TV to view them. They only give you a comcast remote, and the TV has no buttons on it to change these settings. (I looked for a universal remote, and have not been able to get one to work).

Another downside was the speed of the internet. My god was it one of the slowest I have ever used. They have a wired hookup in the room, and have wireless throughout. One of the most annoying things was that you had to renew your internet connection, agreeing to terms and conditions, every 24 hrs.

Overall this hotel had everything I needed and served its purpose. The hotel was only $57 a night, so for that rate it has gone WAY past what it had to do. The hotel was clean and had enough amenities to get by for 6 months.

Room Tip: I have herd from multiple people that the rooms in where are more than one bedroom are not very clea...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Stayed here a few nights over Holiday. Our room was never cleaned, house keeping only changed the trash gave us couple towels and went on for the day. We ask the front desk why hasnt, and when our room could be cleaned and the first person at the desk which was a girl got defensive stating that's all they are supposed to do....???? We said hello isnt this owned by the Marriott? We showed her pictures of the room how the bed wasnt made up, nothing was cleaned in the bathrooms, so she shrugged her sholders and she said she was going to inform her manager the next morning. So now we are at the check out on the last day, she is there with her manager, at the time i didnt even want to argue and complain especially after the way we have been treated, she nor her manager apoligized for our inconvienience at the stay of this hotel...Find another hotel, i would had rather stayed at the Red Roof INN around the corner

Room Tip: Customer Service is Very Poor
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank JTBuck1911
Reviewed January 2, 2012

Stayed while visiting Philadelphia area for New Years. Property is older, but maintained well. Staff is very friendly and outgoing. Suites were clean and in good shape. Good location near
I-295 and NJ Turnpike entrance, but quiet.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We booked a standard suite for 2 Christmas Eve and Christmas night while in town visiting familly. I agree that the lobby was unlike any other Marriott in that it looked like a small office with some snacks on the wall. However, the staff was courteous.

My husband was concerned that the people staying in the building across from ours looked a bit sketchy, but they didn't create any problems. I was concerned that the door leading into our building was not locked when we arrived and was able to be entered without a key card. It was locked by the evening though.

The room itself was average, but served the purpose. I received one free night after cashing in my Marriott rewards points so it was well worth it to get 2 nights for the price of 1. The room itself was a bit dated. The internet was still wired, the sofa was hard and the bed - at first comfortable, but was too soft and aches in the morning.

I was very impressed with the kitchen. It was fully equipped with everything I needed to cook what I was brining to my family's on Christmas. The only drawback was that the oven only contained 1 rack, which doubled my baking time.

I would compare TownePlace Suites to a Super 8. Nothing fancy, but was comfortable enough for a couple of nights on a budget.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We stayed here for one night recently after a family party. We had a 2 bedroom suite, with 2 queen beds and a pull-out in the living room. The kitchen was nice, but we did not have a chance to use it since we stayed only one night. The rate was really good and the minimal continental breakfast was sufficient for our teenagers to have a little something in the morning. The employees were nice and helpful. Everything was clean and pleasant.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I can't believe this is a Marriott. When we arrived, some folks were loitering and smoking or drinking near the entrance. When we went in, instead of a nice, bright lobby, I felt like it was a make-shift convenience store with a make-shift check-in. I almost turned away. But we went to check out the two-bedroom "suite." We went in to see the dingiest couch in the living room space, that I have seen since college. It looked like something a few frat boys would have picked up off the side of the road and put in their living room. Mustard yellow with dirt all over! And that was a sleeper sofa! Cringe! The shade of the floor lamp was ripped, and food was left in the cabinets from previous guests. The saving grace was that the beds were actually clean, as was the bathroom for the most part (the sink clogged fairly quickly after turning it on). There were cobwebs over the bedside lamp in our bedroom. The rug in the whole unit was awful and dirty. We made sure not to put our bare feet on it. No one sat on the couch and we wiped down the chairs at the table before sitting there. Ugh. The worst hotel I've stayed in.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family