“Hilton Garden Inn Mount Laurel, NJ”

Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed June 18, 2014

I typically stay at this HGI when travelling to the Philly area, which is monthly. The hotel is fairly new and has been well maintained since opening. Location is very good and close to restuarants and shopping. Hotel service, food and bar are also good. It's always my first choice.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

That's great to hear that we are always your "first choice" when in the the area. I really appreciate your loyalty to us and for sharing that recommendation here on TripAdvisor!
I'm hoping that we'll see you again soon, and thank you for your positive review here.

Reviewed June 16, 2014

Perfect location for day trips to several cities. 30 min to Philly, 60 min to Atlantic City, Just under 2 hr to NYC and Baltimore. Safe, Clean area with many amenities. Would stay again. Just be sure to have cash on hand for the turnpike if you are traveling to Philly or surrounding cities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Great to see that you had such a great time with us and that you would stay with us again...Thanks for sharing that here!!!
Also, good travel tips regarding the need to have some cash on you for the tolls if you don't have EZpass, and the breakdown of distance to the neighboring major cities. That's VERY helpful!
Thanks again and hope to see you again soon!!

Reviewed June 15, 2014

Having stayed overnight in many similar properties in the last several years, I was struck by the above-and-beyond service and friendliness of the staff at this location. I had to complete a very last-minute report for work at 7 a.m. - the staff brought me coffee and helped me set up in the business center (all at no charge) to help me get it done.
Check-in staff, too, were very friendly and helpful, and were sure to put us in a room far from a large group that was at the hotel to ensure a quiet night.
The facilities are bright and clean. Will most definitely return as we visit family in this area often during the year.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

"Excellent customer service"...that's what we love to see!! I'm glad to see that the team was so helpful and attentive to your needs. Customer service is our business and it's awesome to see that our hard work and training paid off for you.
I appreciate that you shared your feedback here on TripAdvisor and look forward to you joining us again in the near future.
Be well,

Reviewed June 8, 2014

My family and I which includes my 3 year old daughter, 6 year old son and husband, traveled to the area from Florida to visit my father who was in the hospital. We booked the hotel online for three nights and I love that the location of the hotel in relation to the hospital, Virtua Memorial, was in very close proximity. The staff was very professional and friendly and the rooms were very clean. We were scheduled to check out of the hotel on Monday, June 9th, 2014, but needed to stay an extra day because my father needed to have an unexpected procedure done and I really wanted to be around for the results before heading back to Florida. Overall the staff was very accommadating however, we were very disappointed that our stay could not be extended for ONE additional night at our current rate. Therefore, we will pack up our things in the morning and relocate to another hotel for the night.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2014

Thank you for sharing feedback about your stay. Although I am glad to hear that you found my staff to be professional and friendly, and our rooms to be "very clean", I'm disappointed that you were unable to stay with us that additional evening. Room rates are subject to change and there are many factors that can impact a rate including length of your stay and day of the week you stay.
Best wishes and we hope all is well with your father.

Reviewed June 5, 2014

if you are in the Mt. Laurel area I would recommend staying at this hotel. I wish I had more time to spend there. It's an excellent location to many other businesses and jsut off Rt. 73. You can stay there in be in downtown Philly in less than 30 mins.

1  Thank John D

Thank you for sharing your comments and recommending us here for the TripAdvisor world to see!!!
Glad to read that you had a good stay with us, and since you didn't get to stay long enough...come back and see us again as soon as you can!!

Thank you again!

Reviewed May 28, 2014

This hotel was very nice! My husband and I stayed here while at a wedding in NJ. Room was bright and spacious and clean! Bed was extremely comfortable (didn't want to get out of it!) and the rest of the hotel was very bright and welcoming. Hotel was nice and quiet, and staff were all very friendly. Would recommend to people who need a place to stay in the area. Only downside was the water in the shower was not very warm at all (could have been the time I took a shower though) and I had it turned all the way up! Otherwise, a very pleasant stay!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
Mark H, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2014

Great to see that you had a great experience with us!!! I must admit that I'm surprised and disappointed to read about the water pressure?? As you can see from other reviews here, our water pressure generally gets pretty high marks. Be that as it may, I'm sorry to hear that you didn't feel like the pressure lived up to your expectations.
Overall, it sounds like we met your other expectations and that's great to hear!
I hope that you join us again should you be in our area.

Reviewed May 27, 2014

The Hilton Garden Inn experience now includes adjustable beds at most locations. On our first night, the bed was unreasonably hard, but we couldn't get it to adjust to something more comfortable. My husband wound up getting out of bed at 6 in the morning because he just couldn't take it anymore. As he put it, "The floor would have been better."

When we went to the desk to ask for a new room, they offered instead to have maintenance check that our bed was working. We got back to the room around 2:00 to find them "working on it," but the bed only got marginally better. We asked to check the comfort of another bed on the floor and discovered it was equally miserable, so we stayed put.

No one ever checked to see if we were happy with the resolution or to offer us anything in compensation. And in no way was the front desk courteous or helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Anisoj

Well that's not what we like to see...:worst beds in a while"?! That's disappointing to read for sure, especially since so many of our guests rave about our beds?? The Garden Sleep System is a bed specifically designed for the Hilton Garden Inn brand of hotels and is available at all our locations. With that said, I can certainly appreciate that all things are the same to all people. What's comfortable to one, is not necessarily comfortable to another.
My issue lies less with the comfort of the bed, as that is highly subjective, but more so with our lack of follow up. The follow up is second only to the resolution portion of our problem resolution process. Not executing the follow up part of the process leaves you feeling exactly as you do now...incomplete.
Your feedback will be shared with the team and be used as a tool to help us review our process. I apologize that you had the experience that you did, and thank you for sharing it with me.