“WOW factor x10!”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Middletown, United States
“WOW factor x10!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

This place has some of the cleanest, nicest rooms. The staff are just awesome people who are always on the ball and ready to help! While there we had a snowstorm and they were right on top of clearing the sidewalks and everything. The food is always excellent and the cooks never disappoint. If your in the area and looking for a home away from home then this is the place to stay!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Jodi R, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear Russell H.
Thank-you for taking the time to share such wonderful complements about our hotel; we are glad you enjoyed your stay with us, even if the weather was a bit chilly and snow-filled. We appreciate your recommending our hotel and certainly hope to be able to welcome you back again very soon.
Jodi Rosen, Interim General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Lakewood, New Jersey
Reviewed January 28, 2014

As a hotel - the hotel is beautiful, new, clean, and would get my top ratings.

However the staff was not up to par. We had requested a rollaway for our child and were told by the front desk that the hotel does not have any rollaway beds.

When housekeeping was at our room we mentioned to him that its so strange that there is no rollaways in this hotel - and he said "you want a rollaway? I'll get you one in a moment" and he was back in 2 minutes with a rollaway.

A request for a late checkout wasn't fully fulfilled due to the hotel being sold out (there were 2 cars in the whole parking lot).

Not sure what to make of this place.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
Frank H, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 8, 2015
Kevin:

Thank you for your review of our Hotel. I do apologize for the confusion about the rollaway bed, we do have a limited number for use. I'm happy to see your second request was handled very quickly. We do offer late check-outs based on the upcoming night occupancy which sometimes can be difficult to honor if we are going to sold out the day you want to check out late but again we will do our best. We do hope that you will try us again in the near future.

Kind Regards
Frank Hill, Jr.
Assistant General Manager
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

This is easily one of the best hotels I've stayed at in quite some time. The property is updated and elegant, has a wonderful pool and fitness center, fast Wi-Fi, and a good restaurant. The highlight of this hotel is it's staff; They are extremely personable, friendly, caring and hospitable. Specifically, Maria is professional and attentive. Lucia remembers nearly every guest by name and makes you feel like you're 'home' every time you walk in the door.
Thank you HGI. I wish I could stay at your property EVERY week!

Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Jeff B, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Dear newenglandred,
Thank you for taking time to share your feed back with us regarding your experience. I am trilled you enjoyed your stay and appreciate your kind word and compliments of our hotel and staff. We certainly do everything we can to insure our guests satisfaction and we are ecstatic that you will be returning to our property.
Have a wonderful weekend and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Jeff Barnes, General Manager
Virginia
Reviewed January 21, 2014

First let me state that I stayed at this same hotel last year and had a wonderful visit. This year would have been the same except for the first night
I reserved my room weeks in advance via phone reservations. Specifically identified a smoking room and paid in advance. Requested an email confirmation; never received it (this also happened in Toronto Canada). Apparently the smoking rooms have to be requested by phone as they do not show on the website selection however they do indicate that smoking is permitted in a few select rooms (I guess they are trying to keep this hush otherwise it makes no sense why it’s not a option online).
I called the evening of check-in to confirm I had a smoking room and to advise them we would be late arrivals (around 2-3:00 AM). I spoke with a very polite lady that indicated that would be fine and she would make that note. She also said the reservation didn’t indicate smoking but she had open rooms so we had been moved to smoking.
Upon check-in the clerk was incredibly dismissive, informed me we were marked as a no show. When I informed him of my earlier call he said “we don’t have that in our records”, interrupted me and said the problem was it was for three nights and now it’s only two because it was after midnight? Not sure why that mattered since I paid for it in advance and was not requesting any monies returned?
When we got to the room noted there was no ashtray. My husband went downstairs and the same clerk said we never asked for a smoking room because he had no record of it? Then indicated they did not have any smoking rooms available. I specially asked for smoking because I had a knee injury that made it difficult to walk outside. My husband said he was very rude and just kept saying “we have no record of that request”. I then came downstairs and asked him if her could contact Hilton Corporate Reservations and try and locate us a smoking room elsewhere and he said he did not have the ability to do that. He continuously stated “we have no record of your request” which basically was tantamount to we screwed up your reservations so “too bad for you”. I have to admit this was the first and only time I raised my voice to a hotel clerk but his total lack of concern was extremely frustrating. I then told him I would contact corporate myself and went back to my room. The phone rang a few minutes later and he now magically found a smoking room available (not sure where it suddenly came from). We had to move all our stuff to the other side of the hotel (all of this with an injured knee, after a three hour drive and it was now 4:00 AM).
The remainder of the weekend was fine outside of some odd white powder on the bathroom floor corners that we just avoided. I’m sure for the non- smokers out there they could care less but it could happen in reverse and if you got this particular clerk he would just tell you “we have no record of your request”. It appears to me there is an issue with Hilton Reservations entering the reservations correctly and inadequate follow through on email confirmations.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an email confirmation on your room type
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank LBiship
Jeff B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 22, 2014
Greetings L Biship –

Please allow me to apologize for the confusion and the interaction with our Front Desk Agent. I see some training opportunities with what happened and I can assure you that they will be addressed immediately. While we “designate” a very limited amount of rooms as smoking, it is indeed done in-house. Being as though we can’t guarantee smoking rooms, similar to location or floor, we try our best to accommodate those requests from guests. The reason we can’t guarantee them is when a guest extends their stay. If we previously committed to another arrival, it presents an issue for the existing guest, the arriving guest or both. We also run into this with bed-type based on our average length of stay, or the hotel’s occupancy. It doesn’t happen often, but it does present itself from time to time. While we have very few requests for smoking rooms, it does present a challenge when there are multiple guests already in house and arriving on busier nights. But with that said, ALL guests should be treated with the same diligence and concern, no matter what their preference is. Again, I will address that immediately.

Please feel free to contact me or my Assistant General Manager, Jodi Rosen, with any other questions or concerns. I would also ask that you contact us directly for your next stay so we may see to your accommodations personally. Thank you so much for your feedback and understanding.

Jeff Barnes (jeff.barnes@hilton.com)

AGM Jodi Rosen (jodi.rosen@hilton.com)

856-234-4788
Atlanta, United States
Reviewed January 20, 2014

The staff at the Hilton Garden Inn in MT Laurel always go above and beyond to assist me as a business traveler, making my stay feel as comfortable and relaxing as possible. I never have to make a request twice, and most times, as a frequent visitor, my requests are anticipated and proactively addressed, handled, fulfilled. Thank you.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Hello Jeff K -

Thank you for the excellent review! We really enjoy being able to establish such a great connection with our guests. The staff here truly cares and so all they do is genuine in nature. Thank you again and we will see you soon!

Stonington, Connecticut
Reviewed January 12, 2014

There are a number of business hotels within a mile or two of the Garden Inn but this is worthwhile to consider. Its at a nice quiet location and its close th some of the local offices. As with any of the area hotels its not close to any local attractions but its fairly convenient to the turnpike and a number of chain restaurants that are within a short drive. ( This is south Jersey... you don't walk anywhere). I would strongly not reccommend the Crackerbarrel which is within walking distance as it was pretty awful.

The lobby bar is friendly and small and as a Hilton property there are no surprises.
My only real complaint was that there was little parking in front and unless you have checked in and have a key you can't get in through the back.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Jeff B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear Denie U -

Thank you for your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I’m sorry about the Cracker Barrel, they usually get good reviews. I can certainly understand how the majority of the parking in the rear can be an inconvenience. We have a porte-cochere in the front of the hotel for all guests arriving to park so that we can process their registration. This way you can get your keys and decide which area of the parking lot works best for you based on room location. We know our parking set-up is a little different than most hotels, so thank you for your patience and your feedback! Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Gratefully,

Bridgetown, Barbados
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We spent our first anniversary here and we are so glad we did. Great loaction, great facilites and VERY helpful, pleasant and friendly staff members. Breakfast was awesome, spacious parking facilities, comfortable room, lovely bathroom. The only thing I would complain about was the "on again, off again" internet but who has time for the internet on your anniversary ;)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DoubleM2012
Dear DoubleM2012 -

Thank you so much for the great feedback and congratulations on your first anniversary! We are honored you allowed us to be your choice of lodging for such a special occasion! We are checking our internet access points and ensuring they are all working to full capacity. We hope to be a part of your future anniversaries to come!