“Clean, nice hotel. Cold pool, noisy hallways”

Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Friendly staff and nice rooms. The beds are odd and the dial to adjust them seemed to do nothing. I could here noise both in the hallways and some in the next room. That was with the fan on.

The pool was nice but really cold!

For the price it was decent but sitting now at 10:45 at night and can hear people, not ideal but oh well!

• Stayed: February 2013
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Hello Allycat1105 -

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry about the noise you experienced. We had a very excited group of younger athletes staying with us at the time. While we would hope everyone would maintain a decent curfew for noise and the like, we sometimes have younger, excitable athletes with us that need a little help channeling their energy!

Our beds do indeed have dials on both sides to adjust the firmness of the bed. Once adjusted and without actually being on the bed at the time of adjustment, it will contour to your preference for softer of firmer.

I will be sure to have my Engineering staff check the temperature of the pool as well!

Thank you again for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed February 19, 2013

I have to say the hotel is conveniently located off the NJ Turnpike and is very close to a lot of shopping centers. The hotel itself is very responsive to guest needs and the rooms are very comfy, clean and large by hotel standards. The beds were adjustable as to softness. They only serve breakfast and lunch in the lobby restaurant. The breakfast is fine - they make to order and table serve. As for dinner, the menu is limited and it took over an hour to get it after we ordered. I didn't see many people at tables so I can only guess the chef (there were only two) were taking care of room service. The menu itself is limited and average at best. If you're not concerned about hotel dining, it's a great place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2013

Hello LBC0528 -

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. While I'm happy to hear your stay went well overall, I am sorry your dining experience didn't. We are accustomed to good feedback for both timeliness and quality of our restaurant and room service operation.

I would like to learn more about your dining experience. Would you be so kind as to contact me at your first convenience so that I may research this more to determine what happened and correct an areas of need?

The hotel phone number is 856-234-4788 and my e-mail address is jeff.barnes@hilton.com

Thank you again and I look forward to hearing back from you. Have a great weekend.

Reviewed February 17, 2013

Everytime I head to Mt Laurel - I have stayed at the location since it opened. The staff is superb and will go out of the way to accomodate your needs. Room is great with free WI-FI and was close to the pool, laundry - front desk and dining area. I would highly recommend and will be staying there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Lovely modern decor and super location. Only negatives were mattresses (very hard) and pillows (only ok). Elevators made strange clunking noises. Once the elevator lurched and stalled after dropping off a guest at another floor. Too bad breakfast isn't included. Buffet costs $11.95 per person. Room cost $101 with AAA discount.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank CrazyAboutAcadia
Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stay at this hotel every week. It is home away from home. Staff is very polite and considerate adn will go out of the way to accomodate your needs. Rooms are clean and exercise room is decent size. Corridors smell nice.

Best choice in the area. Higly recommend.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2013

Dear vaconsultant -

Thank you for the excellent review and your kind words. It's such a pleasant feeling to know we are delivering the product and service that you, our valued guest, deserves!

Have a great day and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Reviewed January 29, 2013

We decided on the Hilton Garden Inn because the price was exceptional compared to anything within a 10 mile range of the convention we were attending over the weekend in Philadelphia. The drive was only about 15 minutes (limited traffic on the weekend). The hotel staff was extremely welcoming and efficient. The rooms were lovely and spacious. I always look for a refrigerator, microwave and free wifi; Hilton Garden Inn had all three. The only negative is the beds. They have an adjustment for softness etc however it was not soft enough for me but in all fairness I like a very fluffy soft bed so I think most would find this more than sufficient. The only other item I would do differently next visit is the breakfast buffet. It was $11.00 for all you can eat however the omelets were not very good so we ordered French toast as an alternative and that was tasty. For the most part the buffet looked tantamount to The Hampton Inn’s free breakfast with a few upgrades. The hotel backs to a Cracker Barrel which has a wonderful breakfast selection for around $6-7.00 so that would be my choice on any future visits. For dinner, lunches etc., there are numerous restaurants in the area to select from.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank LBiship

Good Day LBiship -

Thank you so much for you considerate review. Our beds are certainly unique in the sense that they are not mattresses at all! The Garden Sleep System beds have a layer of foam and air baffels that can be adjusted. This eliminates the springs and coils that so often cause discomfort that then leads to tossing and turning. I apologize that the bed was not quite soft enough and that you found the omelets not as tasty as you would have hoped. Generally, those are two of our stronger points, but there's always room for improvement! Thank you again so much for your valuable feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

856-234-4788

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I had a very satisfactory overnight stay here while visiting friends in the area. The property is stylishly attractive, clean, modern and well maintained. Check-in was professional, friendly and fast. The rooms are just big enough and the nice quality bathroom and bedding were appreciated. A breakfast buffet was offered for $11, which is bit much for me to spend on a non-occasion breakfast but it did look very and worth the price. If you are considering a stay in the general area, this is a good value choice. I wish I had booked here again for my second visit to the area this month. Instead, I went to the Hampton Inn in Cherry Hill/Voorhees, which was a mistake.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Greeting J S -

Thank you for sharing your experience! Our goal is to ensure all of our guests have a comfortable and relaxing stay in our clean and well appointed hotel. We take special pride in our hot cooked to order breakfast and buffet. Our chefs are not only great at what they do, but they serve with a passion as well! We hope to see you again soon!