“Sometimes it's the little things...”

Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel
Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed September 11, 2012 via mobile

I am always in hotels for work...so little things are noticed and appreciated. Finally a hotel room where the windows open all the way!!! YAY! I love feeling that end of the summer breeze come through the window! Most hotel rooms only allow the windows to open an inch or two. I don't get that? Are they afraid people will jump out from the 3rd floor? Anyway...the big picture window opens and I have just dedicated my entire review on this little thing...that is how much I appreciate it!
But real quick...new hotel...nice comfy bed...comfy linens, typical HGI...same in every city...no surprises...no real view...just convenient and easy for work. Stores and restaurants are not in walking distance but plenty to choose from within a 5 mile drive.
This is one of the better places to stay in Mt Laurel.

• Stayed: September 2012

Reviewed August 30, 2012

Sometimes we've found reviews to be off (like if you get put in the old wing or something). But this hotel was rated TOP in the Philadelphia area (actually it's in Mount Laurel, NJ a 30 minute car trip away, but worth it) and it DID NOT disappoint. Hotel is new, opened in Oct 2011. We took the kids to Sesame Place and stayed here. The drive was worth it. Pool and hot tub were like new. Everything was clean and spacious. Staff nice, place was kept crystal clean. There was NO smell of smoke and no loud parties. Beds were comfortable (they have adjustability, found we needed to turn them down to 3 to be comfortable). Only things is they forgot to deliver a cot we requested, but we made due. Price was right, but best to book over a week in advance for better pricing. We all had a great time and hope to come back next year. P.S. and the rooms looked way better than the other highly rated hotel the Staybridge Suites.

1  Thank Summer613
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2012

Good Day Summer613 -

We just wanted to say how much we appreciate your kind review and we are thrilled that you had a great stay with us. We pride ourselves on friendliness and cleanliness!

Please be sure to let us know when are coming back. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stayed at this hotel when we traveled to Mount Laurel to go to the Fun Plex. The staff were great from the time we walked in the door until we left. We paid for the $17 increase in cost per room to get "free" breakfast for all four of us in each room. The breakfast was made to order and they had french toast, waffles, fruit, oatmeal, cereal, scrambled eggs, sausage, bacon, home fries and more. It was a wonderful meal to start the day.

The work out facility and pool were nice, but the pool was rather small.

We requested adjoining rooms, and they were the only hotel we could find in the top 5 ranking that would accommodate the request. Other hotels said we'd just have to wait until we got there (we called at 11 pm the night before our arrival) and find out if any connecting rooms were available. We also requested a roll away bed after we arrived and they accommodated us quickly and the bed was quite comfortable according to our 11 year old.

Interestingly, one of the adjoining rooms was probably 20% bigger and had two sinks in the bathroom, but the cost for both double queen beds was the same.

All in all, we would stay there again without hesitation. It's a new hotel and they did it right.

The only think that bothered one person in our crew was the loud mini fridge in the room that cycled rather loudly and frequently. We turned the bathroom fan on and the sound issue was mostly solved.

Reviewed August 7, 2012

I didn't know what to expect with the hotel being right off the turnpike, since I hadn't been to New Jersey in a number of years. Boy was I ever so glad I picked this hotel. The staff was fantabulous!!! From Tim the night person when I called to ask for a late checkin to all the staff we met from the time we actually checked in and when we checked out. I booked 2 rooms for family and no one was disappointed. The beds were great (slept like a log both nights). I also have to give a thumbs up for having BOTH a fridge and microwave in the room. This is definitely going to be my hotel of choice in the future. Thanks Hilton Garden Inn for a most comfortable stay.

Hello msbelle51 -

So glad you and your family had a great experience with us! It's always fun to host such a great event for families. Our spacious rooms, banquet space and restaurant/bar make for a perfect fit for reunions. We can't wait to see you for the next one!

Reviewed July 28, 2012

This is a nice hotel, the picture on the web make you think the rooms are much larger. The bed is awsome, I came here to experience the sleep number bed, I was not disappointed. It was nice having a frige, and microwave in the room, we picked up some items from the market. The dining area is small, however the food is great. I was not impress with the size of the pool. If you are not familiar with the area, you may get loss. Overall a very nice stay.

Room Tip: Use any discount you may have.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2012

Hello Francine -

First allow me to say Happy Anniversary! Thank you for your comments. We usually get great reviews on our beds and the fact that they are not your typical mattress-style bed, but one that uses foam, air baffles and a hypoallergenic wool (mattress) pad - is part of the reason why!

Thank you again and we hope to see you before your 3rd anniversary!

Reviewed July 26, 2012

The staff here where great. They always treat me and my party with eager to have me as their guest and they have always made me feel so welcome.
The bartender and the waittress in the bar was super friendly during dinner and so where the morning staff for breakfast.
If service is high on your list when you come to a hotel then this is the place to go. This along with the really comfortable beds the nice rooms made my stay perfect...

Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe R
JWBarnes, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Mt. Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Hello Joe R -

We certainly appreciate your feedback and kind comments regarding our team members. We are lucky to have genuinely nice and caring people represent out hotel!

Have a great day and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

I stayed for business and the hotel was most convenient, clean and the staff was very accommodating especially Jeff Barnes the GM who helped me during my stay.
Thanks again and I'm sure I will see you soon.

Room Tip: They assigned me a very nice room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business