“Extraordinarily helpful staff”

Ranked #4 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Utah
“Extraordinarily helpful staff”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I actually wound up at this hotel when I was lost, having followed wrong directions on I-90. The staff was so accommodating and helpful. A big shout out to them for being generous with time and information.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Toronto Ontario
Reviewed July 4, 2012

We had planned a 9 night stay here . The hotel is new , set back off the road and seemed very nice . Late in the evening of our third day , we returned to our room to find a note under our door. The note said that because the hotel respected our privacy ,our room had not been cleaned that day as the 'Do Not Disturb' sign was on our door all day. We spoke with the Asst manager the next morning who said she would look into the manner . That night when we returned to our room there was a letter from her stating that the Housekeeping Supervisor saw the sign on the door as well and that essentially it was our fault that the room was not cleaned . The asst manager was unable to explain why the sign was inside the door when we returned the first night and did not seem interested in any further discussion . Therefore having been called liars ,we had no choice but to check out early and go to another hotel, wasting a day of our vacation to do so . I cannot recommend this hotel as there are plenty others in that area and sometimes you have to vote with your wallet. Recalling a Seinfeld episode -that was one magic sign ,able to move from the inside to the outside of the door at will.

Room Tip: Top floor ,away from elevators and stairways
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank nurse02818
Ottawa
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We stayed here for a family vacation for 5 nights and it was fantastic. The hotel was very clean, staff was friendly and helpful. The price could not be beat. We would go back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Nice clean location really nice adjustable beds very friendly and accommodating staff, ould go back whenever in this area

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
West Orange, New Jersey
Reviewed June 1, 2012

My wife, three sons (6,5,2), and I spent the long weekend visiting the Philadelphia area. We stayed in Mt. Laurel as a base camp to explore the area. You are about 15-20 minutes from downtown philly via the Ben Franklin Bridge with no parking fees. We went to the Franklin Institute, Phila Zoo, Liberty Bell, and Independence Hall.

The Hilton Garden Inn is a very modern, well kept hotel. The check-in process was smooth but I was not welcomed as a Gold member. However, I did receive the Gold Member benefits. The room was very nice, very clean, and well laid out. There is a complementary business center with internet access but it was very slow the whole weekend. As a Gold member, I also received complementary breakfast. I would say the breakfast was the weakest link in the service. The quality of the food was medicore but the sevice staff were very accommadating. You will have to let them know to not sprinkle powedered sugar on the pancakes. Sugar and 3 boys under 7 does not equal fun for the parents.

I would stay at this location as the price was right, the service was very good, and the location was great.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
Mapua, New Zealand
Reviewed June 1, 2012

We stayed here for the night on our way to Washington DC. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. As usual with the Garden Inn our rom was spacious and comfortable. We had a lovely meal in the restaurant and were able to catch up on some laundry. The Garden Inns represent exceptional value for money.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Buford , Ga.
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I've stayed a few times, but generally choose other Hilton properties in the area. Reason's why:
It's a typical HGI, which is good. Good check-in and front desk people. Breakfast pretty much the same as all HGI's, but have been told (somewhat rudely) that I can't have a tray to bring it to my room. As a HH Diamond I have probably stayed at 40+ HGI's and this is the only one that says the trays are only for room service. I give them my voucher and a couple buck and they usually give me a tray with utensils. Should be no problem.
The property is neat, but the gym (fairly nice) went without cups for water the two days I just spent there. On my previous trip there was no water, but plently of cups. I also noticed the area wasn't cleaned for at least 24 hours.
I had room service the previous trip and it was fine. However, the maid service was very lacking. No replenishing of the coffee (there was on one decaf and no tea when I arrived) the second day. The ice bucket wasn't emptied. The tub was ignored, with wet wash cloth still laying there. No valcuum before I arrived (popcorn sitting in middle of floor), or my next day. All the maid did was quickly clean the sink (left it sitting with water in it), and add some shampoo and mouth wash. Didn't leave any fresh wash clths, etc.If she spent more than three minutes in it I'd be surprised.
I generally never leave negative reviews here or at Flyer Talk (where I am a moderator), but I assume the management wants to know where their problem areas are again. I travel to this area a lot, and will try them sometimes in the future. If they have improved, I will report back.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business