“Traditional Indian fare for a reasonable price”

Monsoon Indian Cuisine
Order Online
Ranked #4 of 130 Restaurants in Mount Laurel
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 38 & Briggs Road
Reviewed August 27, 2018

This was a hard review to make, because Indian cuisine is definitely not my favorite ethnic food. Nonetheless, we have eaten at Monsoon both here and at the one in Cherry Hill before it closed down. My girlfriend loves Indian food. I am just not a fan of the heavy cream-based sauces/curriesand the types of spices used. I did come to find one entree that appealed to me- the South Indian shrimp curry. Other dishes I like are Amritsari fish and the vegetable samosas. Besides the food, the staff are very respectable and accommodating. Other pluses include an efficient way to order online through their website and the ability to choose a spice level. All in all, it deserves a recommendation, by me and especially by my girlfriend.

Date of visit: June 2018

Reviewed August 2, 2018 via mobile

$11 for an all you can eat buffet of delicious foods. Wait staff were quick and courteous. Highly recommend.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed July 22, 2018 via mobile

Food was wonderful. Service staff was friendly. Wait wasn't bad. Food was worth the cost. I only wish there was a little more room between the tables and some music playing to help complete the atmosphere and add some privacy between tables.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed July 2, 2018

We have gone to this restaurant for five years and have always raved about it. We went Sunday night and it was good, not great. The Butter Chicken sauce was lovely, but the little bucket was 75% sauce and very little chicken, the chicken was thin slices and not chunks, perhaps they used purchased pieces of thinly sliced chicken instead of cooking their own chicken, not much taste to the chicken. The Tandori chicken my husband had was not well seasoned and dry. The other dishes we ordered were OK but nothing special. The shrimp dish had four shrimp...what? lots of rice but very little shrimp. We will go back to try our favorites again and I will re-post, but for now. I have to give it just OK. Also, the AC was not working...kind of hot!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed May 12, 2018

Three friends dined here mid-week. Service was a bit slow and no one was in the restaurant. We had to pay extra for small baskets of Naan. We ended up getting 2 baskets for $5.00! No hummus included. The chicken tika masala and the coconut chicken consisted of a lot of sauce and minimal chicken. The chicken skewers was a generous portion. Entrees were $15 to $18. We would have fared better at a lunch buffet. I guess these are Mount Laurel shopping center prices!

Date of visit: May 2018