All reviews bliss products ale house modern design front desk staff new jersey checking out indoor pool trendy lobby wedding spg philadelphia laurel turnpike chlorine
Reviewed January 9, 2011

I was looking forward to something different with my first stay at an Aloft property. Not so much, unfortunately. Despite having a home-style thermostat, the all-too-ordinary ac/heating unit under the window was noisy and worked poorly. And when I finally switched the thermostat OFF looking for some quiet (and sleep), it took 10 min to turn off. And then it cycled itself on and off every 10 min.

When I checked out and expressed my poor night's sleep, I was promised a call from the hotel manager. Never got a call.

Between the substandard AC system, lots of concrete surfaces, and silly "closet" (a curtain over a short stack of hangars), I found this new edgy concept to be just that - a concept. This is just window dressing over the shell of a poorly designed hotel.

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank rotorhead
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2011

Dearest rotorhead, I apologize for your sleepless night at the aloft. The heating/cooling systems are designed to keep a constant comfortable temperature, which is why they keep going on and off. Moderating the temperature also helps with energy saving, which is one of our values here at aloft. It is unfortunate that you did not sleep well, and did not receive a call from the Manager as promised. I would be glad to share your information if you would like. Feel free to email your concerns and contact information to aloha@aloftmountlaurel.com and I will be sure to get you in touch with a Manager at the aloft Mount Laurel. Best wishes for a happy and healthy New Year, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed January 2, 2011

Just stayed here. The pros- rooms were quiet and spacious. Now for the long list of cons- terrible decor, uncomfortable beds (not heavenly at all), not enough pillows and the ones we had were terrible and lumpy, small, not enough towels just two, no amenities, no space to put anything (you have a curtain to close off your coats), the sliding door to the bathroom was noisy. I really can't see how they categorize this as a level three hotel. Definitely not. Similar to a Red Roof but with a modern/ concrete decor! I would avoid if I can.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2011

Hello, I am sorry to hear your most recent stay at aloft Mount Laurel wasn’t up there on the a:list. Anytime that you need more amenities; pillows, towels, lotions, etc. any one of our talent agents would be glad to run them up to you. I apologize that our loft inspired guestrooms did not have ample storage space. The loft design allows for closet space with some shelving for your items that is built into the headboard of the bed. This is a very modern and simplistic design, and with that design element we understand that there is limited storage space. The aloft is a boutique brand that thrives on simplicity and independence, but there are a ton of amenities! From the bliss spa products in our lofts, to the w xyz bar downstairs. There is the arf program (pet friendly) camp aloft (our kid-friendly program) the splash, the recharge, coffee in the lofts, wireless internet and the capability to watch movies in the lofts or hook up your own computer to watch movies in the lofts. Aloft Mount Laurel also has live entertainment every night! I sincerely hope that you will stay with us again to let us exceed your expectations, that’s what we aim to do! Thank you for your review, it is much appreciated and best wishes for a happy and healthy 2011. - The aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed January 1, 2011

If you were lucky enough to backpack around Europe in your early 20s - good news, here's an opportunity to relive that hostel-like experience. We looked at 2 different rooms and gave up on the place. The heater in both rooms sounded like it was going to take off and the bed was so uncomfortable. One room was 5 doors from the elevator and we could hear the elevator bells in the room. How can this be a Starwood property?!?!

The reviews below talk about hip and trendy. Ummmm - really? Maybe, its because we're in our late 30s but there is a fine line between "hip" and "trendy" and that of "cheap" and "trying to hard".

This is a rip-off of a backpacker's hostel I stayed at in Brussels in 1989.

Do yourself a favour - spend the extra $30 night and stay at the Westin directly across the street - it was a complete gem.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank drewinboston

drewinboston, I am very sorry for the experience you had at aloft. It is, in all sincerest regard, our goal to make every guest comfortable and happy. The ultra edgy décor of the aloft brand lends itself to a very non-traditional hotel experience. The aloft brand boasts individuality in a European layout with vivacious colors, and a scene to seen. I am pleased to hear that you were able to relocate to the Westin across the street. It is a beautiful property, and very traditional in design and service. I am very happy to have you as a Starwood customer and hope that your experience at aloft has not changed your opinion of Starwood Hotels. I appreciate your time in reviewing the aloft Mount Laurel. We wish you all the best in 2011! –The aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed December 8, 2010

If I had to dream up the BEST HOTEL ever for ME, it would be the ALOFT. The lobby, bar, pool, ROOM, and ammenities FEEL like you are staying at a CHIC and hip 5 STAR Hotel in downtown L.A. or NYC. But the price is what you'd pay for a 2 or 3 star hotel.....This is a FANTASTIC DEAL for what you pay to stay here.

We stayed with 3 small children here at this hotel on 2 separate occasions, and both visits were AWESOME. They have a really nice pool to keep the kids entertained for hours. The staff is very friendly and WARM every time that I encounter them. From the cleaning ladies to the front desk, VERY accomodating and kind.

And the BAR is a sophisticated, very happening looking place to have a cocktail. It looked very lively, filled with well dressed people on the weekend nights. But it was not super crowded or noisy at all.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2010

Hello hipstergrrlie! Thank you very much for your great review of the aloft Mount Laurel! Our talent agents will be so glad to hear that they have made your last few stays spectacular! The splash indoor pool is a great place to kick back and have some fun and I hope that your kids were able to use our camp aloft gear also! Camp aloft is an overnight kids pack full of games for the kids to enjoy ! If you didn’t get a chance to use camp aloft then there’s always next time! Thanks for mentioning the w xyz bar too, after spending a full day with the kids, I hope that you got to sip on some signature cocktails before bed! Thank you for taking the time to review the aloft Mount Laurel, and we hope to see you again soon! Thank you & Best, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed November 30, 2010

When I walked into the lobby to check in, I thought I was in a beer commercial. Loud music, guys with ties, chicks in tight dresses, bottles of beer... Anyway my room was quiet, very clean (no chemical smells from the cleaning materials, no smoke smell), and cleverly designed to feel and be very spacious without using too many miles of real estate. The staff were nice and helpful but not obtrusive, and my "do not disturb" sign was respected. The price was fair, checking in and out was smooth with no errors, and the snack table included some things I found worth purchasing. The business center was a couple of computers and a printer, no charge for printing. Also no charge for the wireless service in the rooms. I really like not being nickled and dimed for little things.

Later when I was in the lobby and needed to take a phone call, it was noisy with music and I had to go outside in the cold to do the call. And when I later checked back in (my work got extended) in my new room I had to hear the neighbor's TV until some time after midnight, so the soundproofing there was not the best. The only other glitch was that, in both rooms, the water leaked heavily through the shower door onto the bathroom floor.

So overall I was pleased but if the lobby scene could have been moved over into a bar it would have worked better for me. On the other hand, many of the hotel guests appeared to be thrilled about this lobby scene.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank rickygr
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded December 2, 2010

Hello rickygr,

First I’d like to thank you for choosing to stay aloft, we certainly appreciate your business and your feedback! I am happy that you were able to make good use of our wireless internet and business center as well as our refuel station while you were on the road for work. I’m glad that you enjoyed many aspects of the aloft vibe, however, I would like to apologize for the noise you experience next door to you and downstairs in the remix lobby. aloft is a very trendy, urban influenced brand, and sometimes we have corporate or leisure groups that book happy hours and other events that may flow into the lobby. Although this is also a part of the social, all abuzz, aloft scene, I would like to apologize for your not being made aware of the atmosphere here of the remix lobby and w xyz bar of aloft Mount Laurel. We hope that you choose to stay aloft again as we hope to serve your needs better in the future.

Thank you for your review, your comments are sincerely appreciated,
aloft Mount Laurel