All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed November 23, 2010

Very stylish, clean hotel. Location is great, close enough to Philly but at about 1/3 of the cost of Center City hotels. Deducting one point from location due to very busy highway and an exit getting onto it that we found confusing, but busy location has its positives. Room did indeed feel more like "a loft" than a standard hotel room; huge room, very comfy beds, spacious vanity and bath areas. Loved the Bliss bath products and the eco-friendly dispenser system as opposed to cluttering landfills with more little bottles. Nice pool and fitness room; nothing fancy but clean and outfitted with what you need. Bar area looked like a nice meeting spot and self-serve food area looked to be reasonably priced, though we didn't use either of these. Service is friendly if you need to encounter staff members - for example, pool attendant asked how the water temperature was for my swim, and front desk attendant told me we did not get the game I wanted to watch in our room but offered to turn it on in the bar - but you can also check yourself in via a kiosk and your bill is automatically charged to that card, so can be hands-off if you want to be, in what I felt was a positive, non-obtrusive way. Also noticed that the hotel is pet-friendly; the room across the hall had a special "do not disturb" tag on the door to give Housekeeping the heads-up that a pet was inside (ingenious!). Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with friends
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 28, 2010

Hi ThreeLibras! Thank you so much for taking the time to review your stay at aloft Mount Laurel, and thank you for the kind words! From your review we can tell that you are very in tune with aloft style. Eco-friendly, comfort, cleanliness, pet-friendly, and good service: these are all things that aloft guests value! Thank you very much for staying aloft and for totally understanding the amenities that this new brand of Starwood hotels has to offer. We hope to have you again soon! aloha & best, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed November 7, 2010

I spent two nights on business at Aloft Mt Laurel. I found the staff and service equal to or better than resorts/hotels double or triple the price. The location is excellent, close to restaurants and shopping at the Moorestown Mall (and the other restaurants nearby). The room was clean and very comfortable. The breakfast is slightly overpriced, but the coffee was really worth its price. Nightlife in the hotel is great to have a few drinks after dinner or before heading up for the night.
If business takes me back to the area, there is no doubt that I would return to Aloft.

• Stayed: November 2010
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

aloha DanBau! Thank you for your super sassy review of the aloft Mount Laurel! We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us while on the road for business. We do have a great location, here in Mount Laurel, with a close proximity to many restaurants, malls, attractions, etc with hotel shuttle service that travels within 5 miles of the hotel! I’m glad you were able to take some time and relax in the social atmosphere of the remix lobby and w xyz bar and I hope the cocktails tantalized your tastebuds! Looking forward to your next visit, the aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed November 7, 2010

Went to this hotel with my husband for an overnight getaway we chose this hotel because we loved the way it looked online. It is exactly how it looks and maybe better. The room was very clean and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would stay here again. The only complaint I have is housekeeping banging on the door at 9:20 am asking what time we were checking out. I couldn't get back to sleep after that even though check out wasn't til 12pm. We put the sign on the door before we went to sleep and it wasn't there in the morning. Weird. But I love this place modern and clean. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

aloha! Thank you for taking the time to review your overnight getaway at the aloft Mount Laurel! We pride ourselves on cleanliness and a “yes-I-can” attitude, so thank you for your kind words about our staff, lofts, and décor. There was another review that mentioned that housekeeping knocked on the door early in the morning, as well. I will follow up on this with the Executive Refresh Attendant to have him review the policy and procedure with our refresh talent members. They should check the system for check outs before knocking and disturbing your sleep. I will look into this for you so that the next you stay this will not happen again! We look forward to having you again, and thank you for your review! Be Well, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed November 7, 2010

My husband and I were visiting friends, and decided to try this fun-looking hotel. My husband likes modern decor, so I thought this would be right up his alley. Decor-wise, it's great. Really interesting color scheme, and you definitely feel like this is a more vibrant and young hotel. When we walked in, I was slightly confused, because they have these flat-screen monitors that are for self check-in, and there were two women at a circlular-type desk, and they were deep in conversation. I didn't know if they were part of the snack bar area or what. So, we stood there for a minute, unsure of what to do. One of the women finally saw us standing and there and was very nice and welcoming. I hadn't realized that at this desk you pay for everything. Your stay and whatever snack you have from their snack area. The rooms are lovely. Ample sized, with a unique set-up for the bathroom. Large comfy bed, big flat screen tv on the wall, large desk for workspace if you needed, fast and free wi-fi. My husband noticed that the ceiling had rough patches all over it, but that didn't really affect our stay in any way. The only complaint I have was that at around 9am the next morning, as I was getting out of the shower, there was loud and insistent knocking on our door. I yelled that I was coming, but the knocking continued, until I opened the door and saw housekeeping standing outside. She wanted to know at what time I planned on checking out. I just felt that it was unnecessary, and she woke up my husband, and I had to throw on clothes to answer the door. But other than that, we greatly enjoyed our stay. I didn't get to use the pool, but I almost think I wouldn't, since I noticed it was on the same level as the lobby, and had glass walls. I am slightly shy about people seeing me in a bathing suit, and I wouldnt want people in the bar to see me coming out of the pool. The bar area and lounge area were really cool, and again, we enjoyed the decor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

aloha ticagirl98, and thank you for choosing to stay aloft when visiting friends in the South Jersey area! It was a pleasure having you! Our self-checkin kiosks are there for all guest convenience. You can even print your boarding passes from it! Next time you stay, I encourage you to try that method, but of course you can check in at our circular aloha desk. The desk is specifically designed that way so that our aloha desk talent agents are always in view of our guests, so that you don’t have to hunt them down when you need something! Thank you for appreciating our ultra modern décor. We try to be cutting edge and trendy for our sassy, savvy guests! However, I would like to apologize for the knocking at your door so early in the morning. I will pass along this review to our Executive Refresh Attendant to review the guest policy and knocking policy with the refresh talent members. Feedback is a gift and I value yours! Thank you for your review, as we are learning each and every day from them! aloha & best, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I travel a bit for business and spend 5 nights a week in hotels, though in all of my travels thus far, Aloft Mt Laurel was my all time favorite hotel. I simply can't stop talking about how great my stay was. They certainly set the bar high for other hotels.

The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful with directions and recommendations.From they time they greeted me "aloha" at check in, they made an effort to get to know me and greet me as I came and went. The decor is certainly modern and trendy, far from a stuffy old hotel. The hotel is decorated wonderfully with bright invigorating colors, stripes and polka dots. It's hard to feel tired or anything less than happy in this hotel. Even the elevator looks like it should have a disco ball drop from the ceiling. The room was incredibly spacious, loved the loft style design. I was fortunate enough to get a handicapped room with a giant giant shower. This was one of the first hotels I've been too which has really made a conscious effort in being green. My room had 2 recycling bins and they have wall mounted Bliss shampoo/conditioner and body wash dispensers (They said advertise this as saving little plastic bottles from filling up landfills). The soaps even smelled wonderful - some of the best Ive found in hotels.

As a young solo traveler, I was pleased by the friendliness of the clientele. Aloft encourages people to meet, interact and talk to one another. Wednesday night was karaoke in the bar/lobby downstairs and it was the highlight of my trip. Some locals came in to sing, as well as other hotel guests. You could hear the music from in the elevator, though from inside my room everything was very quiet. The hotel was very high energy and big on fun. The only flaw I found was that the free wi-fi was a little slow for watching videos on your computer, other than that, certainly fast enough for browsing and doing work.

Two thumbs up! I can not wait to stay in another Aloft!! Great for young professionals or families.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

aloha Jo6688!

I’m so pleased that our staff makes you feel welcome, especially since you spend so much time away from home for work. aloft aims to be a relaxing place to play and stay. There’s always something going on, so I hope that you had a chance to sing karaoke, or sip on cocktails at our house happy hour! Our modern look is supposed to stimulate your senses, so all the wallpapers have a texture, all the colors are pleasing to the eye, and even the gel tiles in the lifts are there to appeal to your sense of touch. Thank you for taking note of our conscious effort to save the environment! We are a hotel that tries our hardest to be green friendly. We have hybrid parking, and the soap dispensers in the showers not only save plastic bottles from landfills, but they help us, and our guests, be less wasteful. Bliss Spa is the signature bath soap for all aloft hotels and it does smell amazing! I believe lemongrass is the scent that we have here at the aloft Mount Laurel, and some alofts even have a Bliss Spa in them!

The aloft is designed to create an atmosphere where our guests come down to the remix lobby to mix&mingle at the w xyz bar with live music and entertainment. This way, our guests will create relationships with staff and other guests. Traveling can be a lonely feeling, so we want to help people feel more at ease when traveling solo!
Thank you so much for your review! We hope to say aloha to you again soon!
In the mean time, be sure to show us how much you LIKE us on our facebook fanpage!

aloha and Best!