All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed November 7, 2010

My husband and I were visiting friends, and decided to try this fun-looking hotel. My husband likes modern decor, so I thought this would be right up his alley. Decor-wise, it's great. Really interesting color scheme, and you definitely feel like this is a more vibrant and young hotel. When we walked in, I was slightly confused, because they have these flat-screen monitors that are for self check-in, and there were two women at a circlular-type desk, and they were deep in conversation. I didn't know if they were part of the snack bar area or what. So, we stood there for a minute, unsure of what to do. One of the women finally saw us standing and there and was very nice and welcoming. I hadn't realized that at this desk you pay for everything. Your stay and whatever snack you have from their snack area. The rooms are lovely. Ample sized, with a unique set-up for the bathroom. Large comfy bed, big flat screen tv on the wall, large desk for workspace if you needed, fast and free wi-fi. My husband noticed that the ceiling had rough patches all over it, but that didn't really affect our stay in any way. The only complaint I have was that at around 9am the next morning, as I was getting out of the shower, there was loud and insistent knocking on our door. I yelled that I was coming, but the knocking continued, until I opened the door and saw housekeeping standing outside. She wanted to know at what time I planned on checking out. I just felt that it was unnecessary, and she woke up my husband, and I had to throw on clothes to answer the door. But other than that, we greatly enjoyed our stay. I didn't get to use the pool, but I almost think I wouldn't, since I noticed it was on the same level as the lobby, and had glass walls. I am slightly shy about people seeing me in a bathing suit, and I wouldnt want people in the bar to see me coming out of the pool. The bar area and lounge area were really cool, and again, we enjoyed the decor.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2010

aloha ticagirl98, and thank you for choosing to stay aloft when visiting friends in the South Jersey area! It was a pleasure having you! Our self-checkin kiosks are there for all guest convenience. You can even print your boarding passes from it! Next time you stay, I encourage you to try that method, but of course you can check in at our circular aloha desk. The desk is specifically designed that way so that our aloha desk talent agents are always in view of our guests, so that you don’t have to hunt them down when you need something! Thank you for appreciating our ultra modern décor. We try to be cutting edge and trendy for our sassy, savvy guests! However, I would like to apologize for the knocking at your door so early in the morning. I will pass along this review to our Executive Refresh Attendant to review the guest policy and knocking policy with the refresh talent members. Feedback is a gift and I value yours! Thank you for your review, as we are learning each and every day from them! aloha & best, aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed September 29, 2010

I travel a bit for business and spend 5 nights a week in hotels, though in all of my travels thus far, Aloft Mt Laurel was my all time favorite hotel. I simply can't stop talking about how great my stay was. They certainly set the bar high for other hotels.

The front desk staff was incredibly friendly and very helpful with directions and recommendations.From they time they greeted me "aloha" at check in, they made an effort to get to know me and greet me as I came and went. The decor is certainly modern and trendy, far from a stuffy old hotel. The hotel is decorated wonderfully with bright invigorating colors, stripes and polka dots. It's hard to feel tired or anything less than happy in this hotel. Even the elevator looks like it should have a disco ball drop from the ceiling. The room was incredibly spacious, loved the loft style design. I was fortunate enough to get a handicapped room with a giant giant shower. This was one of the first hotels I've been too which has really made a conscious effort in being green. My room had 2 recycling bins and they have wall mounted Bliss shampoo/conditioner and body wash dispensers (They said advertise this as saving little plastic bottles from filling up landfills). The soaps even smelled wonderful - some of the best Ive found in hotels.

As a young solo traveler, I was pleased by the friendliness of the clientele. Aloft encourages people to meet, interact and talk to one another. Wednesday night was karaoke in the bar/lobby downstairs and it was the highlight of my trip. Some locals came in to sing, as well as other hotel guests. You could hear the music from in the elevator, though from inside my room everything was very quiet. The hotel was very high energy and big on fun. The only flaw I found was that the free wi-fi was a little slow for watching videos on your computer, other than that, certainly fast enough for browsing and doing work.

Two thumbs up! I can not wait to stay in another Aloft!! Great for young professionals or families.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 4, 2010

aloha Jo6688!

I’m so pleased that our staff makes you feel welcome, especially since you spend so much time away from home for work. aloft aims to be a relaxing place to play and stay. There’s always something going on, so I hope that you had a chance to sing karaoke, or sip on cocktails at our house happy hour! Our modern look is supposed to stimulate your senses, so all the wallpapers have a texture, all the colors are pleasing to the eye, and even the gel tiles in the lifts are there to appeal to your sense of touch. Thank you for taking note of our conscious effort to save the environment! We are a hotel that tries our hardest to be green friendly. We have hybrid parking, and the soap dispensers in the showers not only save plastic bottles from landfills, but they help us, and our guests, be less wasteful. Bliss Spa is the signature bath soap for all aloft hotels and it does smell amazing! I believe lemongrass is the scent that we have here at the aloft Mount Laurel, and some alofts even have a Bliss Spa in them!

The aloft is designed to create an atmosphere where our guests come down to the remix lobby to mix&mingle at the w xyz bar with live music and entertainment. This way, our guests will create relationships with staff and other guests. Traveling can be a lonely feeling, so we want to help people feel more at ease when traveling solo!
Thank you so much for your review! We hope to say aloha to you again soon!
In the mean time, be sure to show us how much you LIKE us on our facebook fanpage!

aloha and Best!
aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed August 12, 2010

Used Aloft as a place to rest & spend the night traveling to Long Island, NY.

The place is new, swanky and nice. The lobby is very trendy with a bar and lounge music. The kids liked the elevators that had a floor that changed colors.

The rooms are large and fairly plain (but made to look like a city loft). The beds were very comfortable and the TV was large and HD. The bathroom was roomy but the wall between the shower and bedroom was thin and made to be somewhat transparent. Weird.

There is some food at the hotel (the breakfast menu looked overpriced) but there are great choices close in Cherry Hill including California Pizza Kitchen which we enjoyed. The staff was helpful in sharing dining spots.

My only real complaint is the room's AC unit. I have no idea (expect I guess for cost) why a new hotel would use loud, window type AC units. It kept going on and off throughout this summer evening and was annoying. This would be a 4 star property if not for the noisy unit.

I was able to use SPG points and was satisfied with the stay.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2010

Aloha, bubbafb! Thank you for choosing to stay at the aloft in Mount Laurel! The aloft is designed to appeal to all five senses. That frosted glass panel in the shower is supposed to appeal to the sense of sight in the loft. A more modern spin on sight of course! There are some great restaurants in the area and I am glad that our talent agents were able to help you find a nice place to grab a bite! We do get some negative reviews due to the A/C units in the lofts. The truth is that the aloft in Mount Laurel is a redeveloped property. The hotel was a the Laurel Inn before, so seeing as how the building has been redeveloped into this new urban contemporary hotel, one adjustment that needed to switched were the A/C units. The units are new, but I am sorry that the loud units may have disturbed your sleep. Thank you so much for your review and I hope that you will stay with us again so that we may exceed your expectations! aloha & best, Aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed July 28, 2010

Overall my experience was only okay. I made my hotel reservations 3 weeks in advance to make sure I would have a room for my two year anniversary with my boyfriend. When I went to check in (after driving at least 3 hours to get there) I was informed that I must 21 to check in. I can make the reservations online, but I was not prompted that I had to be 21 to check in. I told them I was from PA staying for a concert in Camden and they were actually quite rude at this point. I asked if there was any place around here that I could go, because the concert was the next day, so I needed a place to stay at least for that night. They responded with "I guess there are, but nothing you would want to stay at". So I asked if I had someone else make the reservations, check in for me, and then leave, if I'd get kicked out of the room if the person booking it wasn't there. Of course they couldn't offer an answer. So I had to have someone drive 3 hours to come bail me out so I could stay at any hotel. I found out later that its not a law...just a policy they have and can overlook if the people under 21 are obviously travelers and not just locals trying to have crazy parties and what not. I was VERY DISPLEASED thus far.

Once this person bailed me out, unnecessarily at that, everything was okay from there. The pool is quite small, doesn't go more than 5 feet deep. There is no restaurant, just like an extremely limited selection of food kept in some fridges and food displays. This wasn't a problem for me, but when I did grab food from here, it was more expensive than it needed to be. The room itself was quite comfortable. The bed was awesome, big, soft, and I just felt like I was in a big fluffy cloud. The shower was spacious enough for two people. I wasn't a big fan of the bathroom door only being "closed" by a sliding door....no locks or anything. I think the best part of the room, for me, was the big screen tv was connected to an adapted thing that I could connect my computer to. So I could play music and what not, and not have to deal with find something "good" on tv. Also, I see where people could get annoyed with the A/C unit, but if you don't mind white noise, you won't mind this. It really was not that bad, I didn't even notice it except maybe the first hour I would be in the room.

Overall once the beginning unnecessary drama was over, my experience was good. However I"m not impressed with management there because I wrote them an e-mail saying how displeased I was almost a week ago and I have yet to even hear a response syaing they got my e-mail or have even read it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2010

Aloha, Ms.AmWi! After reading your review I was happy that you enjoyed the sleek and modern design our lofts. I am even more thrilled that you slept well in our version of the heavenly bed, introduced by our sister brand, the Westin. The jack pack in our lofts are for guests to use at their leisure to make them feel comfortable when away from home. It allows you to watch movies or internet tv, listen to music or when traveling on business you can practice your presentation in the comfort of your loft. However, I apologize on behalf of the aloft for the inconveniences of your stay.
It is true that upon check in, the reservation name needs to be of someone 21 or older, to be verified at check in with proper ID. This is a policy for the aloft Mount Laurel property to deter unnecessary behavior, such as underage drinking in rooms. It was a policy that we began to enforce as a result of a sweet sixteen that did not follow policy and brought in alcohol. It is unfortunate that one instance needs to affect the privileges of others and I sincerely apologize for this inconvenience. However, our aloha desk agent could have handled the situation a little better, I will acknowledge that. I want to take this time to thank you for reviewing our property and your stay. We truly do value your reviews and your business. I hope that you enjoyed the concert, that venue is so nice on summer nights being outdoors! I wish you the best and hope that you will stay again, as I will work my hardest to update our online content to encompass this policy so that other guests will be aware of it from this point on. Aloha & Best, Aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed July 26, 2010

i have to say this was a very nice hotel , staff was very friendly and accomidating , my husband and i tik our kids for a weekend getaway , and we loved the place it was very clean . my only issue is that they told us they would charge our credit card 50.00 for incidentials and if we didnt get drinks or any of the food the 50.00 would be refunded , however my card was charged 139.00 and i am still not sure for what . we paid cash for everything and i am still trying to find out why i was charged an additional 139.00 ??????

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple