All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed June 28, 2010

Drove from Chicago to New Jersey for a funeral. They were nice enough to let us check in early. I was thankful for this because we just had a long drive and tired children who needed to use the bathroom. It doesn't look like much from the outside but it's definitely nice on the inside. Rooms were very nice, great layout, very clean. The A/C was not working in the lobby, they had workers there fixing it. I don't think it ever did get fixed because it never felt cool as we walked in from the heat outside. Our room was very cool and comfy. Front desk staff were all very helpful and nice. They do however charge your credit card $50 for "incidentals" like snacks from the snack shop, drinks from the bar etc..... if you don't eat or drink from these places they refund your $50. We did walk across the street to the Westin to eat dinner. The traffic was so bad we didn't feel like getting back in the car again to drive to a restaurant.

The elevator floors are interesting. Made of some kind of gel or something. My kids and teen niece's loved it.

The salt water pool was very clean, not that big but big enough to have a little fun and pass some time.

In the evening on weekends this hotel turns into a night club in the bar and lobby area. We were walking to the elevators from the pool in our swim suits and there were people dancing and partying, dressed really fancy. It was a bit awkward. But we went to our room and weren't bothered by any party goers.

All in all it was a great experience.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Public Relations Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2010

aloha Guest!
I am glad that our aloft talent members were able to accommodate you and make you feel comfortable at your difficult time of travel. I appreciate your positive comments about our modern décor and am truly happy that your children were able to make use of our splash, indoor salt water pool! The weekends are very busy here, as we have 5200 square feet of banquet space that hosts parties of 50 to 300, so I can understand that the bar and remix lobby were busy at that time. The air conditioning did eventually get fixed; however with our sliding doors for entry and exit to the hotel, the remix usually is difficult to keep at a constant temperature. All in all, I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope that you will travel again soon to visit us!
aloha and best! aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed June 23, 2010

We took the kids (2.5 years old and 6 months old) to South Jersey for a Bat Mitzvah, and we wanted to stay over so the kids could go swimming. My husband chose this hotel because of his Starwood Points card, and because of its excellent location right off of the Turnpike and 295. The rooms are quite small and cramped, and there is only a stand up shower, which did not permit me to give the kids a bath at the end of the day. Additionally, the air conditioner is extremely loud. It kicks on every 15 minutes and is so loud you cannot hear yourself think. Fortunately, my kids were able to sleep through it; I, however, slept terribly. Also, there was a wedding downstairs that night, so we could hear loud music/bass until after midnight. The music was drowned out by the A/C whenever it kicked on.
My husband had also booked a breakfast for us when we made the reservation, since we find it easier to eat first thing with the kids and then head out home. Turns out they have no restaurant, just a pricey area of assorted snacks and breakfast foods. We each had a $5 credit ($10 total) to purchase breakfast. I was able to buy 2 small containers of milk and 2 cups of cereal for the money! There wasn't enough to buy fruit or any food for the little ones.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with children. Or to anyone who needs a good night sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cookiebert
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We went on a local "staycation" for date night and chose the Aloft because I've been curious about it since it was being built. I was impressed by the clean, hip style of the lounge, the unique 24 hour snack bar seemed appealing although we did not have an opportunity to utilize it.

We did enjoy drinks in the lounge, with a wonderful guitar player.

The rooms were comfy and cozy. Fit all our needs, the free wifi was great.
The room and bathroom was clean and well laid out , the bed very comfortable.

the shades and bed linens were such a great refreshing difference from normal hotel outdated cheese overly heavy comforters on the bed and thick dusty curtains

the noon check out was oh so appealing

My only real complaint - if it can be called that, is there was no usual "hotel menu" in the rooms, telling you about the amenities, pool hours etc. Instead you could get the information on the TV.. and there was not a large select of channels on the tv.

Still great for the money and will definitely stay Aloft on future staycations and travels alike.

Welcome to South Jersey Aloft! Happy to have you! Will look forward to when you get a good resturant on site!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I was amazed at this place from the moment that I walked through the door. It doesn't even seem like a hotel because it is so different! Everything is trendy, colorful, fresh and alive! Everyone who works there greets you with a friendly, "Aloha"! The lobby is stunning with a help-yourself snack bar and coffee bar (for a fee, of course), an "xyz" bar for cocktails and such, and plenty of room to kick back and relax in several lounge areas - all areas with free wi-fi! The elevators are even a thrill - you have to see it to believe it - with the eclectic decor, lights and sound. The hallways are huge and beautiful. The rooms are like little modern city lofts - I couldn't stop smiling as I saw all the details... very tall ceilings, large flat screen on the wall, a RECYCLE bin alongside the trash, many different lighting options througout, Bliss Spa bath amenities, complimentary bottle of water, huge shower, dual contemporary-style sinks, a fridge, and two very tall windows with shades. The room was beautiful and spacious, and very affordable! The only complaint that I have is that the beds were a little too hard, as I am used to an extremely soft mattress. And, currently there is no restaurant on site, but that did not bother me because there are many good restaurants in the area, and I'm not a "breakfast-person" as they say. I believe that they are looking to bring a restaurant on-site, so if that is important to you, check it out... It might be there by the time of your stay! There were many social activities being hosted by the hotel while I was there, even during the week. You have got to check this place out! I really don't see how you could be disappointed! I travel fairly often for business and usually stay at better than average places. This hotel was a delight!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Had a great stay at Aloft - found the staff welcoming & helpful, and the atmosphere was modern, upbeat, and fun. The room was comfortable and well-appointed, with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. There were plenty of electrical outlets - no need to hunt & move furniture to plug in the iron or charge my phone! Love the free internet throughout the building, too. Definitely a modern "connected" hotel with all the conveniences. The lobby & lounge area was comfortable & welcoming for hanging out with colleagues. Would definitely stay at this Aloft again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

aloha, cgraz!

Thank you so much for review! Your comments are sincerely appreciated. The aloft in Mount Laurel prides itself on sassy service, and savvy technology. I am so happy that you had a great stay! The space at the aloft Mount Laurel is designed to provide modern comfort while helping you to stay connected via phone, computer, and tv. We try to relax the guest through all 5 senses including taste, which leads me to say that I hope you were able to enjoy our bar/lounge atmosphere. We just had our kick off party for South Beach Thursdays, which you might have missed, but I’m sure you were able to take part in karaoke at the wxyz bar and the classic car cruise that happens every Tuesday! We wish you the best and safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

aloha!