All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed June 23, 2010

We took the kids (2.5 years old and 6 months old) to South Jersey for a Bat Mitzvah, and we wanted to stay over so the kids could go swimming. My husband chose this hotel because of his Starwood Points card, and because of its excellent location right off of the Turnpike and 295. The rooms are quite small and cramped, and there is only a stand up shower, which did not permit me to give the kids a bath at the end of the day. Additionally, the air conditioner is extremely loud. It kicks on every 15 minutes and is so loud you cannot hear yourself think. Fortunately, my kids were able to sleep through it; I, however, slept terribly. Also, there was a wedding downstairs that night, so we could hear loud music/bass until after midnight. The music was drowned out by the A/C whenever it kicked on.
My husband had also booked a breakfast for us when we made the reservation, since we find it easier to eat first thing with the kids and then head out home. Turns out they have no restaurant, just a pricey area of assorted snacks and breakfast foods. We each had a $5 credit ($10 total) to purchase breakfast. I was able to buy 2 small containers of milk and 2 cups of cereal for the money! There wasn't enough to buy fruit or any food for the little ones.
I would not recommend this hotel to anyone with children. Or to anyone who needs a good night sleep.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank cookiebert
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We went on a local "staycation" for date night and chose the Aloft because I've been curious about it since it was being built. I was impressed by the clean, hip style of the lounge, the unique 24 hour snack bar seemed appealing although we did not have an opportunity to utilize it.

We did enjoy drinks in the lounge, with a wonderful guitar player.

The rooms were comfy and cozy. Fit all our needs, the free wifi was great.
The room and bathroom was clean and well laid out , the bed very comfortable.

the shades and bed linens were such a great refreshing difference from normal hotel outdated cheese overly heavy comforters on the bed and thick dusty curtains

the noon check out was oh so appealing

My only real complaint - if it can be called that, is there was no usual "hotel menu" in the rooms, telling you about the amenities, pool hours etc. Instead you could get the information on the TV.. and there was not a large select of channels on the tv.

Still great for the money and will definitely stay Aloft on future staycations and travels alike.

Welcome to South Jersey Aloft! Happy to have you! Will look forward to when you get a good resturant on site!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I was amazed at this place from the moment that I walked through the door. It doesn't even seem like a hotel because it is so different! Everything is trendy, colorful, fresh and alive! Everyone who works there greets you with a friendly, "Aloha"! The lobby is stunning with a help-yourself snack bar and coffee bar (for a fee, of course), an "xyz" bar for cocktails and such, and plenty of room to kick back and relax in several lounge areas - all areas with free wi-fi! The elevators are even a thrill - you have to see it to believe it - with the eclectic decor, lights and sound. The hallways are huge and beautiful. The rooms are like little modern city lofts - I couldn't stop smiling as I saw all the details... very tall ceilings, large flat screen on the wall, a RECYCLE bin alongside the trash, many different lighting options througout, Bliss Spa bath amenities, complimentary bottle of water, huge shower, dual contemporary-style sinks, a fridge, and two very tall windows with shades. The room was beautiful and spacious, and very affordable! The only complaint that I have is that the beds were a little too hard, as I am used to an extremely soft mattress. And, currently there is no restaurant on site, but that did not bother me because there are many good restaurants in the area, and I'm not a "breakfast-person" as they say. I believe that they are looking to bring a restaurant on-site, so if that is important to you, check it out... It might be there by the time of your stay! There were many social activities being hosted by the hotel while I was there, even during the week. You have got to check this place out! I really don't see how you could be disappointed! I travel fairly often for business and usually stay at better than average places. This hotel was a delight!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Had a great stay at Aloft - found the staff welcoming & helpful, and the atmosphere was modern, upbeat, and fun. The room was comfortable and well-appointed, with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. There were plenty of electrical outlets - no need to hunt & move furniture to plug in the iron or charge my phone! Love the free internet throughout the building, too. Definitely a modern "connected" hotel with all the conveniences. The lobby & lounge area was comfortable & welcoming for hanging out with colleagues. Would definitely stay at this Aloft again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

aloha, cgraz!

Thank you so much for review! Your comments are sincerely appreciated. The aloft in Mount Laurel prides itself on sassy service, and savvy technology. I am so happy that you had a great stay! The space at the aloft Mount Laurel is designed to provide modern comfort while helping you to stay connected via phone, computer, and tv. We try to relax the guest through all 5 senses including taste, which leads me to say that I hope you were able to enjoy our bar/lounge atmosphere. We just had our kick off party for South Beach Thursdays, which you might have missed, but I’m sure you were able to take part in karaoke at the wxyz bar and the classic car cruise that happens every Tuesday! We wish you the best and safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

aloha!
aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed February 28, 2010

Just stayed at the Aloft in Mt. Laurel. The esthetics on the ouitside are really really ugly, but once you go into the lobby it is fun, funky, chic and modern. The lounge is set up like a typical W hotel lounge with couches and ultra modern decor. Loved it! The front desk people were fabulous, friendly and helpful. My room was just as fun in decor. Loved the Bliss products and finally a hotel chain that uses a pump system in the shower instead of the numerous individual bottles.

Now for the not quite up to par.......................the bed and pillows are awful. The sound proofing is sparse at best as I could hear a party above and beside me until 3 in the morning. I called the front desk but that did not stop it. However, the worse thing for me that would prevent me from ever staying there again............the heating system. Come on, it is a brand new system and it sounds like a rocket starting every time it turns on...........which was about every 15 minutes. It actually woke me up almost every time. Needless to say, I did not sleep well at all. It's too bad about that because most of the surrounding hotels are in need of significant updates and the aloft is the newest and most fun.

The other reason I could not stay there again............they never cleaned my room. When I got back to the hotel around midnight and walked into my messy room I was peeved. I called downstairs to let the front desk know and the person who answered was not apologetic nor very friendly. She offered for me to come downstairs to get a free soda. Seriously? She told me the cleaning staff leaves at 3. I had been out of my room from 8-2 that day, and was only back from 2-3 to change for the night activities. No sign of a cleaning person at all.

It's too bad this hotel could not meet minimum standards beacause the aloft is a fun place but the things that were wrong, were pretty significant things that were not nor could not be remedied.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank fresprtwmn
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Aloha! It is in our best interest that you feel comfortable at the aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel and we understand that you were not comfortable with the level of service you received during your stay.
The noise that you experienced on your night of stay is not typical and I apologize for the lack of service exuded by our aloha desk talent agent for not following through with that call.
In accordance with that, refresh attendants do leave at 3pm each day. That does not excuse our talent members from upholding the cleanliness of our lofts that are occupied by our guests. From this experience our refresh team has gained a new process for refreshing our lofts which will deter this from happening on a future stay.
Aloft is a growing brand and with that comes growing pains. We understand that we have some work and we do recognize our weaknesses, however, I hope that you will give us a chance to rectify this situation, as we hope to continue business with you. aloft is a fun and funky atmosphere that should not be hampered by your last experience. We invite you to stay with us again as we would like to exceed your expectations.