All reviews bliss products ale house modern design front desk staff new jersey checking out indoor pool trendy lobby wedding spg philadelphia laurel turnpike chlorine
Reviewed June 20, 2010

We went on a local "staycation" for date night and chose the Aloft because I've been curious about it since it was being built. I was impressed by the clean, hip style of the lounge, the unique 24 hour snack bar seemed appealing although we did not have an opportunity to utilize it.

We did enjoy drinks in the lounge, with a wonderful guitar player.

The rooms were comfy and cozy. Fit all our needs, the free wifi was great.
The room and bathroom was clean and well laid out , the bed very comfortable.

the shades and bed linens were such a great refreshing difference from normal hotel outdated cheese overly heavy comforters on the bed and thick dusty curtains

the noon check out was oh so appealing

My only real complaint - if it can be called that, is there was no usual "hotel menu" in the rooms, telling you about the amenities, pool hours etc. Instead you could get the information on the TV.. and there was not a large select of channels on the tv.

Still great for the money and will definitely stay Aloft on future staycations and travels alike.

Welcome to South Jersey Aloft! Happy to have you! Will look forward to when you get a good resturant on site!

Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 9, 2010

I was amazed at this place from the moment that I walked through the door. It doesn't even seem like a hotel because it is so different! Everything is trendy, colorful, fresh and alive! Everyone who works there greets you with a friendly, "Aloha"! The lobby is stunning with a help-yourself snack bar and coffee bar (for a fee, of course), an "xyz" bar for cocktails and such, and plenty of room to kick back and relax in several lounge areas - all areas with free wi-fi! The elevators are even a thrill - you have to see it to believe it - with the eclectic decor, lights and sound. The hallways are huge and beautiful. The rooms are like little modern city lofts - I couldn't stop smiling as I saw all the details... very tall ceilings, large flat screen on the wall, a RECYCLE bin alongside the trash, many different lighting options througout, Bliss Spa bath amenities, complimentary bottle of water, huge shower, dual contemporary-style sinks, a fridge, and two very tall windows with shades. The room was beautiful and spacious, and very affordable! The only complaint that I have is that the beds were a little too hard, as I am used to an extremely soft mattress. And, currently there is no restaurant on site, but that did not bother me because there are many good restaurants in the area, and I'm not a "breakfast-person" as they say. I believe that they are looking to bring a restaurant on-site, so if that is important to you, check it out... It might be there by the time of your stay! There were many social activities being hosted by the hotel while I was there, even during the week. You have got to check this place out! I really don't see how you could be disappointed! I travel fairly often for business and usually stay at better than average places. This hotel was a delight!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 25, 2010

Had a great stay at Aloft - found the staff welcoming & helpful, and the atmosphere was modern, upbeat, and fun. The room was comfortable and well-appointed, with a nice bathroom and comfortable bed. There were plenty of electrical outlets - no need to hunt & move furniture to plug in the iron or charge my phone! Love the free internet throughout the building, too. Definitely a modern "connected" hotel with all the conveniences. The lobby & lounge area was comfortable & welcoming for hanging out with colleagues. Would definitely stay at this Aloft again!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2010

aloha, cgraz!

Thank you so much for review! Your comments are sincerely appreciated. The aloft in Mount Laurel prides itself on sassy service, and savvy technology. I am so happy that you had a great stay! The space at the aloft Mount Laurel is designed to provide modern comfort while helping you to stay connected via phone, computer, and tv. We try to relax the guest through all 5 senses including taste, which leads me to say that I hope you were able to enjoy our bar/lounge atmosphere. We just had our kick off party for South Beach Thursdays, which you might have missed, but I’m sure you were able to take part in karaoke at the wxyz bar and the classic car cruise that happens every Tuesday! We wish you the best and safe travels and we hope to see you again soon!

aloha!
aloft Mount Laurel

Reviewed February 28, 2010

Just stayed at the Aloft in Mt. Laurel. The esthetics on the ouitside are really really ugly, but once you go into the lobby it is fun, funky, chic and modern. The lounge is set up like a typical W hotel lounge with couches and ultra modern decor. Loved it! The front desk people were fabulous, friendly and helpful. My room was just as fun in decor. Loved the Bliss products and finally a hotel chain that uses a pump system in the shower instead of the numerous individual bottles.

Now for the not quite up to par.......................the bed and pillows are awful. The sound proofing is sparse at best as I could hear a party above and beside me until 3 in the morning. I called the front desk but that did not stop it. However, the worse thing for me that would prevent me from ever staying there again............the heating system. Come on, it is a brand new system and it sounds like a rocket starting every time it turns on...........which was about every 15 minutes. It actually woke me up almost every time. Needless to say, I did not sleep well at all. It's too bad about that because most of the surrounding hotels are in need of significant updates and the aloft is the newest and most fun.

The other reason I could not stay there again............they never cleaned my room. When I got back to the hotel around midnight and walked into my messy room I was peeved. I called downstairs to let the front desk know and the person who answered was not apologetic nor very friendly. She offered for me to come downstairs to get a free soda. Seriously? She told me the cleaning staff leaves at 3. I had been out of my room from 8-2 that day, and was only back from 2-3 to change for the night activities. No sign of a cleaning person at all.

It's too bad this hotel could not meet minimum standards beacause the aloft is a fun place but the things that were wrong, were pretty significant things that were not nor could not be remedied.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank fresprtwmn
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Aloha! It is in our best interest that you feel comfortable at the aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel and we understand that you were not comfortable with the level of service you received during your stay.
The noise that you experienced on your night of stay is not typical and I apologize for the lack of service exuded by our aloha desk talent agent for not following through with that call.
In accordance with that, refresh attendants do leave at 3pm each day. That does not excuse our talent members from upholding the cleanliness of our lofts that are occupied by our guests. From this experience our refresh team has gained a new process for refreshing our lofts which will deter this from happening on a future stay.
Aloft is a growing brand and with that comes growing pains. We understand that we have some work and we do recognize our weaknesses, however, I hope that you will give us a chance to rectify this situation, as we hope to continue business with you. aloft is a fun and funky atmosphere that should not be hampered by your last experience. We invite you to stay with us again as we would like to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Just came back from a weekend trip with my husband. Despite the reviews, we decided to stay at the Aloft because of how close it is to Philly. We should've listened to the reviews!! It was an awful stay! In summary:

Pro's:

Staff- As always, very helpful and nice

Hotel & Room- Hotel has a very nice lounge and live music on Saturday. Very clean and big enough for the 2 of us.

Con's:

The heater in the room is SO loud that I was awakened every time it kicked on. We got NO sleep the entire weekend and it wasn't because we chose not to.

At 1:30am, we were jolted awake again because a group of kids decided to take their party to the hallway. The police were called and I guess they were told to either shut up or leave. By the way, that was the polices' second visit to the hotel on Friday night.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, which we knew but the snack bar didn't have many, if any good choices.

Parking was next to impossible because of the mounds of snow in the parking lot.

There was a steady stream of water pouring from the roof of the hotel right where you enter the hotel, from the snow steadily melting.

Please don't waste your money at the Aloft.

We walked across the street to the Westin and ate at the Bellagio restaurant which was fabulous!! We wish we would've stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTwit

Aloha and thank you for your review of our property. aloft in Mount Laurel truly appreciates that you have taken time out of your day to help us learn of the positives and negatives of your stay. As always we love your positive feedback. The hotel is a very fun and energetic hotel that hosts live entertainment every Wednesday through Saturday, so I am glad that you had a chance to experience that!
I apologize for the lack of sleep you received during your stay. Visits from the police department are not usual at the aloft, however, I hope that this makes you aware that we are a very safe property. We do have someone in house 24/7 to handle emergencies and get in touch with the police should a problem arise.
There are a few other things that you had mentioned in your review that I would like to touch on. We will eventually have a restaurant attached to hotel, however, currently it has been hard trying to find the right fit as far as what type of restaurant should be connected to such a bold and unique hotel.
Our first winter as a hotel was brutal, no doubt about that! We understand the inconvenience the snow had created for our guests, however, we can now learn from that situation and will be able to handle similar instances better in the future.
As always, aloft does aim to please. We hope that we have a chance to change your view of aloft. In fact, we have created many new service initiatives already! Next time you are in the area we hope that you will join us for South Beach Happy Hour beginning May 20th!