All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed February 28, 2010

Just stayed at the Aloft in Mt. Laurel. The esthetics on the ouitside are really really ugly, but once you go into the lobby it is fun, funky, chic and modern. The lounge is set up like a typical W hotel lounge with couches and ultra modern decor. Loved it! The front desk people were fabulous, friendly and helpful. My room was just as fun in decor. Loved the Bliss products and finally a hotel chain that uses a pump system in the shower instead of the numerous individual bottles.

Now for the not quite up to par.......................the bed and pillows are awful. The sound proofing is sparse at best as I could hear a party above and beside me until 3 in the morning. I called the front desk but that did not stop it. However, the worse thing for me that would prevent me from ever staying there again............the heating system. Come on, it is a brand new system and it sounds like a rocket starting every time it turns on...........which was about every 15 minutes. It actually woke me up almost every time. Needless to say, I did not sleep well at all. It's too bad about that because most of the surrounding hotels are in need of significant updates and the aloft is the newest and most fun.

The other reason I could not stay there again............they never cleaned my room. When I got back to the hotel around midnight and walked into my messy room I was peeved. I called downstairs to let the front desk know and the person who answered was not apologetic nor very friendly. She offered for me to come downstairs to get a free soda. Seriously? She told me the cleaning staff leaves at 3. I had been out of my room from 8-2 that day, and was only back from 2-3 to change for the night activities. No sign of a cleaning person at all.

It's too bad this hotel could not meet minimum standards beacause the aloft is a fun place but the things that were wrong, were pretty significant things that were not nor could not be remedied.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
2  Thank fresprtwmn
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Aloha! It is in our best interest that you feel comfortable at the aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel and we understand that you were not comfortable with the level of service you received during your stay.
The noise that you experienced on your night of stay is not typical and I apologize for the lack of service exuded by our aloha desk talent agent for not following through with that call.
In accordance with that, refresh attendants do leave at 3pm each day. That does not excuse our talent members from upholding the cleanliness of our lofts that are occupied by our guests. From this experience our refresh team has gained a new process for refreshing our lofts which will deter this from happening on a future stay.
Aloft is a growing brand and with that comes growing pains. We understand that we have some work and we do recognize our weaknesses, however, I hope that you will give us a chance to rectify this situation, as we hope to continue business with you. aloft is a fun and funky atmosphere that should not be hampered by your last experience. We invite you to stay with us again as we would like to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed February 26, 2010

Just came back from a weekend trip with my husband. Despite the reviews, we decided to stay at the Aloft because of how close it is to Philly. We should've listened to the reviews!! It was an awful stay! In summary:

Pro's:

Staff- As always, very helpful and nice

Hotel & Room- Hotel has a very nice lounge and live music on Saturday. Very clean and big enough for the 2 of us.

Con's:

The heater in the room is SO loud that I was awakened every time it kicked on. We got NO sleep the entire weekend and it wasn't because we chose not to.

At 1:30am, we were jolted awake again because a group of kids decided to take their party to the hallway. The police were called and I guess they were told to either shut up or leave. By the way, that was the polices' second visit to the hotel on Friday night.

There is no restaurant in the hotel, which we knew but the snack bar didn't have many, if any good choices.

Parking was next to impossible because of the mounds of snow in the parking lot.

There was a steady stream of water pouring from the roof of the hotel right where you enter the hotel, from the snow steadily melting.

Please don't waste your money at the Aloft.

We walked across the street to the Westin and ate at the Bellagio restaurant which was fabulous!! We wish we would've stayed there.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelTwit

Aloha and thank you for your review of our property. aloft in Mount Laurel truly appreciates that you have taken time out of your day to help us learn of the positives and negatives of your stay. As always we love your positive feedback. The hotel is a very fun and energetic hotel that hosts live entertainment every Wednesday through Saturday, so I am glad that you had a chance to experience that!
I apologize for the lack of sleep you received during your stay. Visits from the police department are not usual at the aloft, however, I hope that this makes you aware that we are a very safe property. We do have someone in house 24/7 to handle emergencies and get in touch with the police should a problem arise.
There are a few other things that you had mentioned in your review that I would like to touch on. We will eventually have a restaurant attached to hotel, however, currently it has been hard trying to find the right fit as far as what type of restaurant should be connected to such a bold and unique hotel.
Our first winter as a hotel was brutal, no doubt about that! We understand the inconvenience the snow had created for our guests, however, we can now learn from that situation and will be able to handle similar instances better in the future.
As always, aloft does aim to please. We hope that we have a chance to change your view of aloft. In fact, we have created many new service initiatives already! Next time you are in the area we hope that you will join us for South Beach Happy Hour beginning May 20th!

Reviewed February 25, 2010

I had always wanted to try this hotel, and I was blown away. They have a DJ Dance party on Thursday nights that looks like a legitimate club! The bar service was excellent. The rooms are GORGEOUS, and according to the front desk, all rooms have a 42' LED TV! The service, features, and overall "cool factor" is a welcome face to this aging area! STAY AT THE ALOFT!!!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Aloha and thank you for your review! I am delighted that the aloft in Mount Laurel was able to put some Wow in your stay! The in the mixx Thursday Night Dance Parties are exciting events, but we also have live entertainment in the remix lounge and at the w xyz bar every Wednesday through Saturday night! aloft is a very sassy, tech-savvy, hot spot that exudes an eclectic vibe that I am glad you have experienced at aloft Mount Laurel! Please join us on May 20th when the in the mix Dance Party moves outside for South Beach Thursdays when our special guest Danny Bonaduce makes an appearance!

Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed for one night for work. Lobby design was fairly "cool." Check-in was manned by a clueless kid. No mention of my Starwood status. Had a room on the top (I think) floor. When you enter the room it's like you are walking into the bathroom (it's open plan with just a wall separating the bathroom and bedroom). Very strange layout. Three out of the four light switches in the room didn't work. I went around and checked and all had blown out bulbs. Used the bathroom and went to flush the toilet...nothing happened. Opened the toilet tank and the chain wasn't even connected so I fixed that. TV channels went in and out all night...sound and picture. Lighting in the bathroom was so dim I could barely see myself in the mirror. When I went to take a shower in the morning I turned on the water and got drenched. Housekeeping left the showerhead facing right out to where you would be standing. (I should have checked but c'mon.) No breakfast in the hotel..really? Not even free coffee. Free internet worked great. Rooms were clean. I won't be in a hurry to return
FYI - For those considering staying - the Westin is right across from this hotel. It was the same price but I didn't choose the Westin because of the valet / Internet charge. But they valet the cars in the Aloft lot so I see no reason I couldn't park there and walk across to the Westin.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Aloha,
We appreciate your feedback as always. Since your visit, we have brought on a new General Manager who has approached many of our service issues in which reviews like yours have helped us to fix in snappy and savvy manner.
We host monthly staff meetings to promote great service and the refresh team and aloha desk talent agents also have separate meetings in addition to that to address Starpoints education, service, and cleanliness.
I am glad that you took advantage of our complimentary wireless internet, and I hope that you do choose to stay at aloft Mount Laurel in the future to experience the new service initiatives that we have put in place!
Aloha and Best!

Reviewed January 10, 2010

Booked this hotel through Priceline. Easy on-off access to the NJ Turnpike and close proximity to gas and food were definitely advanatgeous. Appealing to a younger crowd, I found the music in the lobby much too loud for my taste. Room was generally spaceous with a good layout, though the "closet" was certainly not adequate. Good features were wireless internet access and small refrigerator. The room lacked an ice busket and drinking glasses, though a bottle of water was available. After I had gotten settled, I noticed coffee stains had not been cleaned from the night table. While noise from the street or hallway were minimal, the heater loudly went on and off the entire night. Attempts to turn it off completely, despite the sub zero outside temperatures, failed. I finally let the loud fan run continuously. The nearby Marriott, Westin, and Courtyard are better bets.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Aloha! Thank you for your stay at aloft Mount Laurel! Your review is important to the service and quality of our hotel for our guests and also our talent agents. Aloft is all about making your stay easy, breezy and adventurous! Aloft is a brand that this modern, simplistic and independent, so I am glad that our location was appealing and that you made use of the wireless internet and mini-fridge that are in our space. As for service and cleanliness, we have created new policies and procedures for the refresh staff and aloha desk staff from the feedback that we have received from our valued customers. Aloha and thank you very much for your review!