All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Stayed for one night for work. Lobby design was fairly "cool." Check-in was manned by a clueless kid. No mention of my Starwood status. Had a room on the top (I think) floor. When you enter the room it's like you are walking into the bathroom (it's open plan with just a wall separating the bathroom and bedroom). Very strange layout. Three out of the four light switches in the room didn't work. I went around and checked and all had blown out bulbs. Used the bathroom and went to flush the toilet...nothing happened. Opened the toilet tank and the chain wasn't even connected so I fixed that. TV channels went in and out all night...sound and picture. Lighting in the bathroom was so dim I could barely see myself in the mirror. When I went to take a shower in the morning I turned on the water and got drenched. Housekeeping left the showerhead facing right out to where you would be standing. (I should have checked but c'mon.) No breakfast in the hotel..really? Not even free coffee. Free internet worked great. Rooms were clean. I won't be in a hurry to return
FYI - For those considering staying - the Westin is right across from this hotel. It was the same price but I didn't choose the Westin because of the valet / Internet charge. But they valet the cars in the Aloft lot so I see no reason I couldn't park there and walk across to the Westin.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded April 27, 2010

Aloha,
We appreciate your feedback as always. Since your visit, we have brought on a new General Manager who has approached many of our service issues in which reviews like yours have helped us to fix in snappy and savvy manner.
We host monthly staff meetings to promote great service and the refresh team and aloha desk talent agents also have separate meetings in addition to that to address Starpoints education, service, and cleanliness.
I am glad that you took advantage of our complimentary wireless internet, and I hope that you do choose to stay at aloft Mount Laurel in the future to experience the new service initiatives that we have put in place!
Aloha and Best!

Reviewed January 10, 2010

Booked this hotel through Priceline. Easy on-off access to the NJ Turnpike and close proximity to gas and food were definitely advanatgeous. Appealing to a younger crowd, I found the music in the lobby much too loud for my taste. Room was generally spaceous with a good layout, though the "closet" was certainly not adequate. Good features were wireless internet access and small refrigerator. The room lacked an ice busket and drinking glasses, though a bottle of water was available. After I had gotten settled, I noticed coffee stains had not been cleaned from the night table. While noise from the street or hallway were minimal, the heater loudly went on and off the entire night. Attempts to turn it off completely, despite the sub zero outside temperatures, failed. I finally let the loud fan run continuously. The nearby Marriott, Westin, and Courtyard are better bets.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled on business

Aloha! Thank you for your stay at aloft Mount Laurel! Your review is important to the service and quality of our hotel for our guests and also our talent agents. Aloft is all about making your stay easy, breezy and adventurous! Aloft is a brand that this modern, simplistic and independent, so I am glad that our location was appealing and that you made use of the wireless internet and mini-fridge that are in our space. As for service and cleanliness, we have created new policies and procedures for the refresh staff and aloha desk staff from the feedback that we have received from our valued customers. Aloha and thank you very much for your review!

Reviewed January 2, 2010

Hotel is smart, sleek and trendy. Rooms are well appointed but have tiny closet space big enough for one night's stay but not for a longer period. Flat screen tv is nice but terrible reception. Sound kept going out and channel reception kept disappearing. Several other problems occurred with my room, surprisingly for a brand new hotel. First night, drain under sink leaked. Second night toilet wouldn't flush because chain had broken. Sleek but cheap construction in this hotel? Problems were corrected promptly, however.
No free continental breakfast in this hotel. Even coffee in lobby has a charge. Muffins, bagels are available for a charge.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled solo

Aloha Sassy and Savvy Guest! Thank you for your trip to visit aloft Mount Laurel! Our lofts have a very edgy and modern layout and with a loft inspired design that is simplistic we create that trendy atmosphere in your sleeping space. I am glad that the re:pair department was able to adjust and fix the complications that you came across during your stay. As a new hotel we know that problems will arise, and it is our service to take care of those problems. From your review we have gained knowledge of these problems and now have preventative processes in place for inspecting the sleek and modern equipment of loft guestrooms. Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our aloft in Mount Laurel, we truly appreciate your feedback and have learned from your review. Aloha!

Reviewed December 21, 2009

I traveled with a group of co-workers for our Holiday Party in New Jersey, we traveled from our firm located in Atlanta. It was this past weekend that we stayed and our flights back home were cancelled from the Philly airport, so we had to bunk down at the Aloft for the weekend. They made us feel at home! The staff was great -provided us with a complimentary shuttle to and from our Holiday Party, and the re:mix lobby was awesome with free wifi, pool table and the w xyz bar opened at 5pm every night to help us shake the chills! So, even though we were stranded, it was like we were supposed to stay there. They are located just minutes from a bunch of malls so we did some holiday shopping once the weather cleared up too. We loved our stay!

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2009

We stayed at this new, sleek, modern hotel on Thanksgiving night after visiting with our grown children. The price, with our AAA discount, was only $87, plus tax, and they graciously allowed us a 4PM check out. The room and bathroom were good-sized and very comfortable. I have 2 complaints: we never received the extra pillows we requested; and although the big flat-screen TV was brand new, there was no sound on 12 of the channels, which was rather annoying. They have a small indoor heated pool to which we brought our 2 young grandsons the next day. They had a lot of fun and we had to drag them away after 2 hours. All in all, a very nice experience, despite the relatively high level of highway noise.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple