All reviews bliss products ale house modern design front desk staff new jersey checking out indoor pool trendy lobby wedding spg philadelphia laurel turnpike chlorine
Reviewed November 5, 2009

We booked this hotel on points to see how we liked it - we are Platinum members of Starwood and have been for years. Had confirmation # and called the day before to ensure there would be no glitches. When we arrived they insisted we were paying cash, no record of points. We also checked their pet policy as we travel with 2 dogs, on the web it says dog friendly, even has an arf program and supplies treats, bowls and beds for dogs, nothing about a deposit. We were informed when we got there that they wanted a $250.00 deposit and that this is unique to this aloft and no the policy is not written anywhere. We paid the ridiculous deposit and went to a room while they tried to sort out the cash/points issue. Came back downstairs and asked if everything was okay and they decided we were in a wrong room and had to move even though we had unpacked, we did. At 10:30 at night the fellow at the front phoned when I was in bed and said he had to come up and get my credit card because he would be in trouble with his boss in the morning because of what "galaxy" had done with our points and my credit card deposit had been erased. Slept okay all night, nothing particularly wonderful. In the morning $100 was mysteriously put on my credit card, which another half an hour to find out why and eventually have it erased. Will never go back and will run away from any Aloft ever.
Also the doors are very heavy and they slam shut, whenever a door is just let go in the hallway it slams and is very loud. In our room the plaster was falling off the ceiling - wonder if some errant dogs got up there?

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LegalbeagleCanada
Reviewed November 1, 2009

Finally an Aloft where the air conditioner is working quietly - compare to the Philadelphia airport location! Great spacious room, functional, walk-in shower, retro alarm clock...Nice. Overpriced food in the lobby/cafeteria - go to the Moorestown mall next door for everything from Panera Bread to Pei Wei (PFChang subsidiary). 15-20 min drive to downtown Philadelphia reasonable, great freeway access (Turnpike, 295)

Reviewed October 31, 2009

I had read a lot about Aloft and so was keen to try it out. I was driving from Pittsburgh to NJ and so decided to stay here and try the hotel out. I got a rate of 89 from spg.com. The hotel is situated on route 73, so not the best views out of the hotel room. It also shares the lot with Super 8 motel!!! Thats strange for a hip end hotel.

The hotel lobby has been made like a hip living room. They dont have a restaurant just a food area from where you can buy snacks. The bar is across from the where you get food. Looked lively when I got in at about 10 PM on Thursday evening. I got the last room in the hallway on the 4th floor. The room door was heavy and I mean heavy. I had to push it with both hands to open it up. The paint also looked in a few places in the hallway, not something that should be in a new hotel.

The room was large and again made similar to a room at the W. The bed was comfortable. The absolute strange thing was that there were no glasses in the room. I mean drinking glasses, not paper cups. That is very strange. Seems like Sheraton seems to be cheapening on a very basic thing, a drinking glass, which almost every hotel provides. The internet was crawling and I mean crawling. A dial up is much faster. But it was free, so I guess you pay peanuts you get monkeys.

In the morning I was relaxing as my meetings were scheduled around noon. Between 9 and 11 housekeeping walked into my room not once, not twice but thrice. Twice they opened the room with a mild knock, without listening to my response. This was highly irritating.

Overall I think Aloft has a lot of hype. It qualifies as a good 3-3.5 star hotel. I am not sure if I would ever pay more than $100 for a room at this hotel. A very very average experience.

1  Thank VCG
Reviewed October 25, 2009

I stayed with my teenage son just a couple weeks after this hotel opened. It was my first stay at an aloft hotel. Of course, everything was brand new, and very clean. What stood out was the ultra modern styling throughout. There were a few service glitches, but that seemed to be due to the fact that they had just opened. The attitude of the staff was very good. The bed was comfortable. Fitness room was above average. They had a nice salt water pool. My son loved the pool table in the lobby. A well stocked breakfast/lunch/snack shop is in the lobby. They charge for the coffee in the lobby -- that seemed a little excessive to me. We paid $75 through hotels.com -- a great value, in my opinion. Not sure if that rate will continue to be available.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2009

The best room,bar and fastest web.. I loved the live entertainment..