“Thank you again”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Thank you again”
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed the weekend of the Philadelphia Marathon. I have been doing this since 2011. The staff at the hotel provided great customer service and the room was cleaned very well. Consistency and professionalism is what keeps me coming back here every year.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, November 27, 2013
Wow! The Philadelphia Marathon! I am impressed! I hope you enjoyed the race as much as you enjoyed your stay with us. It's our pleasure to make all of our guests feel comfortable in a clean space with customer service that exceeds expectations! Thank you so much for staying with us each year, and we hope you enjoy a happy and healthy Thanksgiving. Until next year...stay sassy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Stayed here to attend a conference in Phily. I selected this location so I could utilize the PATCO like to travel into the city. The hotel looks very modern and the staff was extremely friendly and helpful. I was greeted promptly upon entering the hotel and the checking process was quick and painless. The room was not large, but was well appointed and contained everything I needed. The room contained an in room safe, and a unique media dock for hooking up just about any electronic device possible. Complementary water bottles were in the room as well. The room was clean and everything was functional. I did not hear any noise from the other rooms. Additionally, the area around the hotel appeared to be good, and I was not concerned about my car in the parking lot. The Haddonfield PATCO station was a little farther away then I had anticipated (2 exits on 295) but using PATCO was infinitely better than driving into the city.

A+ for the Aloft hotel. I will use it again when in the area,

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Bill, We love getting comments from well-experienced travelers like yourself, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback! We are located just outside of Philly for easy driving. PATCO is a very efficient way to travel into Philadelphia, but we also have a Greyhound Bus Station next door that is within walking distance. It's our pleasure to greet our guests with a smile upon arrival. We know how relieved our guests must feel when they finally get to us after driving long distances. For that reason, we try to make check in as quick and easy as possible so you can get to the bed faster! I'm glad you had everything your needed in your loft including bottled water, a safe and our entertainment jack-pack for all things tech-savvy. We're pleased that you had a quiet, comfortable and easy breezy stay. We hope you enjoyed the conference as much as, if not more than, your stay with us and we're looking forward to your next visit to the area!

A+ for the Aloft hotel. I will use it again when in the area,
Florham Park, New Jersey
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Well, you read so many reviews here on TripAdvisor, and much of it you figure is just a bad personal experience. Many of the reviews I read of this property were not great, but I was using SPG points for the stay, so I looked past it. Bad move, it is trying to be an eclectic property like the W, funky layout, lounge, courtyard, color schemes...the lobby had an odor, the rooms had lumpy beds like I've never seen before, and the walls were paper thin. Saturday night stay, apparently they cater to hosting large blocks of rooms to a local wedding caterer. When I checked out on Sunday morning and commented about how it seemed people were partying all night long in their rooms, the reply at checkout was well we do cater to wedding parties, and try to put them on the 2nd and 3rd floor only...well I was on the 5th floor and wherever they were, were loud enough to keep me up all night. The staff at the checkout didn't seem to care that I had an awful experience. Don't walk from this one, run, too many other reasonable properties in the area, wish I could get my points back. Also, right along busy road, not quiet.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Greg S
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Greg, We absolutely do care about our guest's experiences and we understand that your feedback is a gift. I'm sorry that your stay with us was not outstanding. Weekend nights fill the hotel with more leisure guests who are in the area for events or to visit area attractions and tour Historic Philadelphia. With that said, I would like to apologize for the noise level you experienced in your loft. If at any time another guest disturbs you please call the front desk and a manager on duty will address the situation for you. It is our goal to take action to solve problems, but we can only do that when we're given the opportunity. I do hope you will stay at other Aloft hotels to experience what the brand truly has to offer to the independent and modern traveler.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This place is terrible. Hands down one of the worst properties I've ever stayed in. If I were 25 years younger, traveling through Europe on a shoestring budget, and used to sleeping on the floor, I would probably think this place was nice. Honestly, it's little better than a hostel.

Where to start? The decor is a combination of high school and jail cell, and the rooms resemble overnight train compartments. The bedding is awful - the comforter looked like it had been stuffed with cotton balls. The walls of my room were scuffed in odd places, and the carpet in the hallway looked like it had suffered recent water damage. When I stepped off the elevator, there was a huge trashbag filled with garbage that stayed there for several hours.

As I was putting some things away, someone came right into my room. It was housekeeping, who then was embarrassed because she hadn't knocked - she sort of threw a towel out me and then ran out. I'd go on to complain about the food and service at the evening reception my company held for us in one of the Aloft "meeting spaces," but it would just be a continued rant.

After three hours here, I checked out and called a friend to stay at her place instead.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Phlyjets
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Hello, Aloft Hotels are a modern approach to travel that offers loft-inspired spaces and a social atmosphere, which actually is very much like a European hostel! The layout and design is meant to encourage guests to meet and mix in the common areas. I do apologize for the wear and tear you noticed in and around your guestroom. Please know that we are working on consistently maintaining our property. Now that our Regional Chief Engineer is back full time, these issues should be repaired in no time! The bag that you noticed just off the elevator should not have been there and I am sorry that you noticed it. I will address this, and the situation you experienced with the re:fresh attendant in your guestroom, with our new Executive Housekeeper. Also, I am very surprised that you were not impressed with our meetings and events team. As you can see from other reviewers below, we do throw fantastic social and corporate events with great food and drink. Since you have a friend in the area, next time you visit them, we hope that you will stay with us or check out our W XYZ Bar events calendar to see what entertainment we are have in our lounge area. And if you are not coming this way any time soon, I hope that you do try to out another Aloft Hotel to experience what the brand truly has to offer to independent and modern travelers.
Egg Harbor City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 27, 2013

Spent one night there for my 45th High School reunion. Rooms were very modern with an amazing vanity (2 sinks). Very comfortable beds. No closet, really, except for a shallow curtained-off area in the bathroom. No bureaus or drawers, either. I guess the hotel is meant for very short stays. The ballroom for the reunion (about 150 people) was great with a nice dance floor. Catering was good--pasta station, carving station, starters of meatballs, cheese, veggies, wraps, etc. Cash bar was good, reasonable, and fast with a very accommodating staff. One weird thing--ice machines were not available on the floors--you had to go to a machine next to the front desk. This was not something I wanted to do late at night or early in the morning. Also ran out of toilet paper.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Linda, Congratulations on celebrating your 45th HS Reunion with friends! We're honored that you chose to host this event with us, and I'm pleased to hear that you stayed overnight so that your could enjoy the party and not have to drive home exhausted from dancing! I'm glad you enjoyed your loft-inspired guestroom, platform bed, and large vanity! We do not have typical storage space in the lofts because we are not a typical hotel! All Aloft Hotels are of loft design, minimalistic in style with clean lines and modern spaces. I do apologize for ice not being on the floors, and any time you should run out of bathroom amenities, our re:fresh or front desk teams would be pleased to run them up to you! I am thrilled that you enjoyed the ballroom space as much as you enjoyed your loft guestroom. We host events up to 350 guests with all different types of menus and bar packages. I'm excited to hear that you enjoyed the private bar, food and dancing. Afterall, that's what makes a great party, right?! I hope you get to stay with us again for the 50th!
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed here when I was traveling back from Baltimore, MD and I was too tired to continue the rest of the way back to New York. Its location, not too far from the NJ Turnpike, was ideal so that once I woke up and got refreshed, I could hit the road and continue my trip back to New York. The hotel was nearly sold out that night, so they only had two double bedrooms available, which was fine (although my preference is a king). My only complaint was that some of the pillows were missing pillow cases and one of them was a bit dirty. I called the front desk and they offered to swap out the pillows, but everything was adequate for the night.

The front desk staff was friendly, helpful and accommodating. The service was top-notch and certainly to be expected from a Starwood-brand hotel. If I'm ever passing between NY and points south and need a place to spend the night to safely get rest, I'd certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Josh, We're proud to have been a one night pit stop for you to rest your head on your road trip. I'm glad you found our location to be very convenient, so that you could hop right on the Turnpike with refreshed eyes the next day! Thank you for understanding the room type situation, I'm glad you were still comfortable in a Double Queen as opposed to the King Loft you would have preferred. I am so sorry about the pillowcases being missing and dirty, and I'm glad that our front desk took action to fix this incident quickly. Overall, I am pleased that your experience was well worth the pit stop! We do pride ourselves on a-list service and exceeding our guest's expectations each time they stay with us. Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Starwood Brand and we're looking forward to the next time you stop through!
New Rochelle, New York
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed at the Aloft for one night, and it was refreshing to be in something modern.
Most hotels are generic, and you have a hard time remembering them. The Aloft was definitely memorable with the modern design aesthetic.
Only downside was the comfort of the bed. I wish they had the Heavenly Beds that most Starwood properties have.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hi Wandy, We're so glad that you were pleasantly surprised with your first stay at an Aloft! I'm glad you enjoyed the new experience Aloft Hotels provides. I'm sad to hear that you did not enjoy the comfort of our platform beds. Generally, we get great compliments about them, but we understand that the bed can be too soft for some guests. I;m glad you enjoyed the look and feel of the hotel and do hope that you will be back to stay with us again soon.