“Modern & Surreal”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Houston, Texas
“Modern & Surreal”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

The Aloft hotel concept (a Starwood Hotel) is an interesting mix of pluses and minuses. It features a more modern design concept which in some ways is intriguing, yet annoying in other ways. Overall architecture is great, but our room (on two different stays) was on the cramped side. Most annoying design aspect was the 'barn-style' sliding door separating the vanity area from the rest of the bathroom. With a full size mirror on one side, it takes a good amount of ummph to slide -- my wife had difficulty with it. When the door is closed, the commode/shower area is poorly lit.

The lobby/bar area is very enjoyable and the adjacent patio area is spacious. Located on Hwy 73 a short distance from I-295, this hotel is only 20 minutes from Philly, and offers quick access to Mt. laurel and Marlton business, shopping and eateries. Cherry Hill Mall is just a few miles up Hwy 73.
A word of caution, Hwy 73 is an incredibly busy road, plan travel times accordingly.

Room Tip: Try to get a room facing away from the traffic noise on Hwy 73
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
The Aloft brand offers a hotel experience that is created for the independent traveler who is tired of the cookie cutter traditional hotel atmosphere. I'm glad you found our atmosphere intriguing, but am disappointing to hear you say that you found our lofts to be cramped. We usually hear the opposite from our guests, that our rooms are larger than they had expected. I am sorry that your wife had difficulty with the bathroom door in your loft. We understand that they are heavy and we are looking into alternatives to slowly replace them. Overall, I am pleased that you enjoyed the vibe of our W XYZ Bar and The Backyard where we host live entertainment most nights. We appreciate your tip about the hustle and bustle of Route 73 for our future guests. Thank you for staying with us, we sincerely appreciate your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
Reviewed May 27, 2013

Loved my first stay at an Aloft hotel. Hotel was very modern and very clean. The room was much larger than I anticipated. The only downside was the dark bathroom area in the shower. I also did not expect to have the shampoo and bath gel on the wall in mounted containers. I missed having conditioner separate. The breakfast was interesting...like fast food. Not up my alley at all. All in all it was a good stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Welcome to the Aloft! I'm glad you enjoyed your first stay with us. I surprised to hear you missed out the tiny bath amenities! The reason we put our shampoo and conditioner in dispensers on the wall is to cut down on the waste and plastic recycling. Breakfast in our re:fuel area is grab-n-go. I'm sorry there wasn't anything there to your liking. The front desk has a list of great area restaurants for dine-in experiences, or you could swing by Starbucks next door to grab something for breakfast as well. Overall, we're happy you had a great first stay, we're looking forward to many more!
Pompano Beach, FL
Reviewed May 23, 2013

this was my second stay at ALoft in 6 months we liked it so much the first time that we decided to stay there again when visiting NJ for a wedding. We love this hotel for the vibe and amenities and the location. This time around it was not all smooth sailing as twice during our 3 day stay the elevators both were not working and we were on the 6th floor. I usually am not one to complain but being dressed in formal wear and having to trudge down 12 flights of stairs was just not acceptable. The second day of our stay our room was also never cleaned and we had not opted for their green program. Upon checking out I did mention when asked how my stay was by the receptionist and I did mention my issues with the elevator not working and his remedy was our taking a free beverage from the snack shop ..... imagine my disdain you inconvenienced me more than once for the weekend and your remedy was a free coffee. The ball was seriously dropped here. Other than that and even with the inconvenience we will stay at ALoft again as we love the hotel.....

Room Tip: get on the higher floors and stay away from the elevators
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear SeanM7303, I cannot begin to apologize enough for the inconveniences you experienced over the course of the weekend while you were staying with us. Guest satisfaction is one of our highest priorities as well as the safety of our guests. For our guest's security, the elevators had to be shut down until they were properly maintenanced to ensure that any and all issues were taken care of before they were put back into operation. Unfortunately, the timing was not perfect and we take complete responsibility for that. We sincerely hope that on your next stay we are able to pick the ball up where it was dropped and make your stay a great one.
Jmagg79
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Loved they décor of this hotel. Trendy. Check in was smooth, the room was decent size. Very clean. We had a few drinks at the bar later that night. The bar and lounge is nice to hang out in. The room it's self was trendy. You could here music from the ballroom playing till about midnight so if you go to bed early this might be an issue. Maybe if you could get a room on the opposite side of the club/ballroom. We did not do breakfast, but for a small fee you can get a bagel or a hot breakfast sandwich. There is a Starbucks right next to it, so we went their instead. Over all it was a pleasant stay. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
First and foremost, l would like to apologize for the event in the ballroom that disturbed you. I'm glad that in lieu of the music, your stay was not only pleasant but enjoyable! I'm happy you had a chance to experience our W XYZ Bar and trendy atmosphere, but overall, I'm anticipating your next stay with us so that we can surely impress you!
Reviewed May 15, 2013

From the moment we arrived we were greeted and treated with top quality service. Tishante was especially attentive to ensure that our stay was pleasurable, as a result, we will defiantly return to Aloft in Mt. Laurel during our next visit to the area.

• Stayed May 2013
I'm pleased that you had a super sassy stay at the Aloft Mount Laurel and I'm excited to share your kind comments with Tishante. She is a great asset to our talent team. I'm extremely proud that the service she exudes impressed you.
RRS723
Reviewed May 14, 2013

I stay at the Aloft every week for business and I absolutely love it. The staff there is extremely nice, accommodating and personal Tishante, in particular, makes each morning so seamless. She is smiling, helpful and always starts the day off right! I enjoy my time at the Aloft and really appreciate all that the staff does to make it a pleasurable stay. Thank you, Tishante!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
It's always great to hear when a guest has had a fantastic stay and even better when we see that a staff member has gone above and beyond to make sure it happened. Tishante is a great member of the front desk talent team and I will personally make sure she not only reads the review but gets a firm congratulations from management and the rest of the front desk team. We hope your next stay is just as fantastic if not more. Best wishes for safe and sassy travels.
Morris Plains, New Jersey
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Stayed here with the girlfriend one night. It is a modern style hotel which is obviously geared towards a younger crowd. Was the middle of the week and there was loud karaoke in the lobby bar late into the evening. Its a fun place but if you are looking to relax here, I'd go with another hotel. The rooms were neat, nice design with a fridge in the room. Remember, its modern. So different then a traditional hotel. Two gripes, you can only get ice downstairs in the lobby. And the pool area doesn't have a hot tub. How are you going to have a fun, hip hotel without a hot tub in the pool area?? Other then that, everyone was friendly, the rooms were clean and its not far from Philadelphia.

• Stayed April 2013
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
What a sweet boyfriend you are to treat your girlfriend to a night away! We hope she enjoyed it! Aloft Hotels are funky spaces that are open to possibilities for entertaining. The W xyz Bar at Aloft Mount Laurel hosts live music and events most nights of the week. I'm sorry that the karaoke crowd was little too loud for you, but I am happy to hear that you did enjoy our location to Center City Philadelphia, our loft-inspired guestrooms, and the Splash indoor pool...minus a hot tub. I hope we will see you both again, whether you're exploring Philadelphia or visiting for another quick and romantic overnight stay!