“business trip”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Stayed here for business. Room was clean. Only complaint was that you could hear the DJ and the people drinking from the bar/restaurant that is directly next store - if you need to sleep stay on the opposite side of the hotel! Also could hear a lot of noises in hallway and music from lobby when there were events going on so bring ear plugs or white noise if you are a light sleeper like me. Breakfast was quick and easy in the morning.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded March 4, 2013

Thank you for staying with us while on business in the NJ area. Feedback from well-experienced reviewers like yourself is very valuable! We appreciate the kind tips you have posted for our future guests, and I'd like to apologize if you didn't sleep well because of the nightlife and entertainment on property. All in all, I am glad you had an easy breezy stay and we hope to see you again on business or for pleasure!

Reviewed February 12, 2013

What a change from most hotels! There's not much you can do with a hotel room: it's a room with a bed and a bathroom. The Aloft stands out among others though due to it's modern feel. The beds are extremely comfortable, the tv gets most channels, there are blackout shades so that the sun can't get in (we slept for 12 hours until we were woken by the maid at checkout time and couldn't believe it was already noon!), the shower has the perfect amount of pressure to feel like it's raining on you, and the bathroom door is a sliding mirror. Very cool. The elevators have blue glass floors with water underneath so they appear to move under your feet. The hotel bar is lively and had a good band on the Saturday night we stayed. Older crowd at the bar though. There's a fireplace that is nice to sit in front of. Millers Ale House is right next door and a great place to walk for dinner. Great specials and prices and you don't have to worry about driving! Then head to the hotel bar for a night cap. You can also order room service from Millers and they will bring the food to your room. There is an inside pool open year round, but I can't say anything about this since I only saw it from my window. The staff is very friendly and helpful and added us as Starwood members so we could have a free late checkout. Lastly, Aloft is a great location, close to 295 and the turnpike and very easy to get to. So far, this is the best hotel I've stayed at in the area!

Room Tip: Outside rooms face route 73, inside rooms face the outdoor patio by the bar and pool. I don't th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Your reviews makes us excited! You totally "get us"! We proudly offer a modern spin for the trendy traveler. I am glad you slept well in a comfortable bed and am happy that you enjoyed our rainfall shower heads. I am excited that you experienced the nightlife that our W xyz Bar has to offer, had the chance to dine at Miller's Ale House, which is great affordable option for close dining. Welcome to the Starwood family! We're looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We travel a lot for our jobs and have Gold and Platinum SPG status and we love Starwood properties. We also like this Aloft as it is in a good location and really enjoy the hotels standard amenities. A good hotel in a good location and its a Starwood property, can't go wrong there. However, lately attention to detail is lacking. Some of the problems in our last few stays: skunky wine at the bar, TP in toilet in rooms after check-in, non-functioning in-room phone (beeps all the time), internet has been slow or not worked at all, & no functioning ice machines on floors. Another ongoing problem is when we request late check outs: we are either denied late check out completely, or our late check out isn't registered and we spend easily 30 minutes after 12noon, explaining to the front desk, housekeeping and management that we requested a late check out on arrival. Key cards deactivating add to the overall feeling of miscommunication and disfunction amongst weekend staff.

Our recommendations for Status SPG members: don't come to this property thinking you will get anything extra. If you want SPG frills go to the Westin across the street. Also the weekend staff is different every time we stay at this property which may mean high-turnover leading to lack of attention to detail for guests expecting a bit more from a Starwood property. One last thing: we aren't sure why this is, but local restaurants won't deliver to this property (e.g. any of the restaurants on totalmenu.com). This wouldn't be such a big deal, but my GF is lactose and gluten intolerant so the only thing she could eat on property was the baked Lays chips.

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hi Jerome, Thank you for your loyalty to the Starwood brand, we're glad that your see the value in an Aloft stay. I apologize for the inconveniences you have experienced. We have recently upgraded our wireless internet so you shouldn't experience that slowness anymore. We also offer bags of ice in the re:fuel area in the lobby for our guests since we don't have ice machines on our floors. We do offer late check outs based on availability. If we have a large group coming in and need those rooms cleaned and prepped before check in time we most likely cannot extend a late check out, I hope you understand. I will be sure to share your review with our management team to inform them of the other issues you have experienced in an effort to get these items ironed out for our future guests.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

I have just checked back into the Aloft Hotel in Mt Laurel after not having been there in 18 months. The last time I was there, I left in a hurry along with leaving behind some dry cleaning and other laundry. I figured I would ask the customer service guys; Sean Kon and Marty Finch upon checking in on the off chance that my clothes were still there... To my amazement, they were!! These folks are awesome!!

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Victor D
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded February 1, 2013

Hi Victor, Thank you for being a savvy business guest, welcome back! I'm glad you were able to retrieve the dry cleaning you left during your last stay. I can't wait to share your kind comments with Sean and Marty, who are both great new additions to our Aloft talent team!

Reviewed January 26, 2013

I stayed one night on business. The room was very large and the bed was very comfortable. It was nice to stay in a hotel with a large room and attractive furnishings. The WiFi was spotty at times. The staff was really great. I will definitely stay here again when traveling to this area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2013

Thank for staying with us on business! We're happy you enjoyed your stay and look forward to your next night with us!

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We stayed over Christmas holiday for a few days while visiting relatives in the area. The location was very convenient to last minute shopping we needed to do. The staff was very friendly and always ready to help. The fitness center was modern and one of the reasons we stayed there. The only thing I do not like about the Aloft is there is not alot of privacy between the bathroom and bedroom. Although our stay was enjoyable and comfortable, for this reason, I am not sure if we would choose it again.

Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded January 24, 2013

Thanks for staying with us over the Christmas Holiday, and Happy New Year to you! Thanks for your great review our talented staff members. I'm happy that you were able to get use out of recharge, our fitness center, but am sad that you felt there was little privacy in our guestrooms and may not return for this reason. We sincerely hope that you visit again to explore all of the options Aloft has to offer.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

Fun bar/ lounge area, good drink specials and funky decor make Aloft a great choice for drinks with friends and wednsday karaoke. The rooms are clean and spacious, and offer all the ammenities a buisness traveler has come to expect. I live local but still get a room there once in a while just cause its that much fun! Staff is young and professional, and allways greet with a smile! The South-Beachy feel of the lounge and bar is an unexpected breath of fresh air, and the rooms leave nothing to be desired. All in all this place rocks!!!

Room Tip: all rooms are non smoking
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends

Peter, You Rock! Thanks for your ultra sassy comments about Aloft Mount Laurel! I am glad that you were able enjoy the atmosphere of the W xyz Bar, I hope you sang a little karaoke during your visit. I'm glad that you found our loft-inspired guestrooms large and accommodating, and we thank you for staying with us, even you live around the corner! Keep it sassy! - Aloft Mount Laurel