“Very cool and comfy”
Review of Aloft Mount Laurel

Aloft Mount Laurel
Ranked #13 of 28 Hotels in Mount Laurel
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My first stay at Aloft. We were in Jersey for a family wedding, and their very convenient shuttle to the party venue made sure that everyone was on time and safe after a night of partying. The decor is awesome! Large rooms with comfy beds and lots of nice touches in the room. What I really loved was that the bathroom was behind the sleeping area almost around a corner, so even though we were sharing the room with our grown children no one was disturbed by bathroom trips and there was a little privacy. The dressing area is spacious and well lit for getting ready, with the shower/toilet area is a separate room. The beds and bedding were very comfy, and the room stayed dark in the morning for sleeping after a late night.

They have a very cool lobby/bar/mini-market area with lots of comfortable seating for hanging out with games near the bar. The pool also looked nice, and there was an outdoor patio between the lobby and pool areas with a fire going at night. It was fun to hang out and stay at the Aloft in Mount Laurel and I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to others for a nice getaway. The prices in the mini-market are really high so bring your own snacks!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Super8MtLaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

We are excited that you got your first Aloft experience for a wedding! Weddings are one of our specialties at the Aloft Hotel in Mount Laurel. Thanks for appreciating our complimentary shuttle, our ultra modern decor, and large loft-inspired guestrooms! We're pleased that you had time to hang out in the re:mix lobby where the w xyz bar hosts live music most nights. We are happy that you and the group had fun, best wishes for the happy couple!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

This was my first stay at an ALOFT hotel. If you've stayed at a W Hotel, and I love W Hotels, then this place will feel familiar. Think of it like a junior W Hotel.

Its across the street from the Westin Mount Laurel and on the other side a Super 8 Motel.

Pros: Modern rooms, bathroom has a frosted glass into the room, bar (live music on Sat night), pool table, a heated pool, outdoor sitting area. Its located about 10 minutes away from Cherry Hill which has a big mall if you are interested in that. Philly is also about 30 minutes away I was told. It seems like a pretty popular place. The hotel is very reasonably priced considering what you get!

Cons: My room was on the 4th floor very close to the elevator so people were frequently gathering near the room early on Saturday morning (around 8am). Worse yet, my room was a handicapped room as were the 2 rooms next to me (the hotel was full otherwise I would have moved to another room). The room next door kept having visitors all sunday morning which would press the extremely annoying doorbell and then laughing thinking it was funny (it sounds like a fire alarm). The walls are fairly thin so you can hear the bell constantly going off next door -- not something I want really enjoyed on Sunday morning. Also, the doors are very heavy and people open them and just let them slam shut -- making a loud thud every few minutes. I would highly recommend that the hotel install a soft close hinge so the doors don't slam so loudly.

Other stuff:

The breakfast is nothing to write home about. Platinum members can opt for 250 points or a $10 breakfast voucher (I took the points). Everything there you have to pay for -- toothpaste, shavers etc. For breakfast you can grab something that is prepackaged -- like a small deli at an airport. The food looked reasonably fresh.

They call this a "limited service" hotel and that's what it was but I enjoyed the hotel (except for the noisy doorbells and door slamming. There is a restaurant next door which handles room service but I didnt eat there so I cannot comment.

I would stay here again. If you need to be in this area I would definitely recommend it!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are exactly a "junior W"! Aloft is the Starwood baby sister of the W Hotel culture. I'm glad that you had a sassy, savvy experience with our live music in the re:mix lounge, Splash the indoor pool, and the ambiance of the Backyard! Although, you loved the decor, I'm sorry that you experienced noise from your loft guestroom. If at any time you experience a guest related issue, please dial 0 on your loft telephone and the front desk agent can send someone up to handle the rowdy crowd!

Reviewed November 12, 2012

had to make a short trip to New Jersey to see my partners family and found Aloft online after reading the reviews on here decided to give it a try and we weren't disappointed... modern decor and cool vibe, large room with comfy bed and the bonus of bliss toiletries for your needs... the staff was friendly and helpful and all in all we had a great stay...would definitely use this hotel chain again

Room Tip: would suggest asking for a higher floor away from the elevator :-)
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so glad you found us! We take pride in our above and beyond customer service and we look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Awesome room ..great service would stay there again for sure! A++++ The room was large the beds very comfy..clean..and quiet..The staff was pleasant and very helpful. Special request ..no problem.Wish all Hotels were as pleasant to stay in.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Super8MtLaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for your awesome review about your stay at Aloft Mount Laurel! We sincerely appreciate your kind comments about our guestrooms, service, and staff. Customer service comes easy with great guests like you!

Reviewed November 6, 2012

Was there for a wedding. 1st night was terrible as there was a group of girls next door to our room (connecting room) who got there around 2am, presumably drunk, very loud, I had to loudly knock on their door at 4am and called the front desk, who fortunately took care of the problem.
The next morning got a very nice call from the manager asking me about the disturbance, offered to change my room to a higher floor and even gave me a credo to my account. Excellent customer service.
As to the room and hotel in general, it is a 2-3 star hotel with a make over which makes it a lot morenicer than the typical road side motel, which I assumed it once was. The room is more like a Studio, bathroom has a liding door and there is minimal closet space, which was fine for 2 nights, but no place to fold and organize things, counter space in the bathroom very limited as well.
The room where the reception took place was very nice, modern and onveniently separated but just next to the lobby, with it's own bar area, very nicely done.
In general this is a very nice hotel for business or as a short layover on a trip, would not recommend for leisure or with kids, hotel is not great and still shows some wear and tear predominantly in the hallways.
Overall we had a very nice experience, made better by the staff that transformed a possible horrendous stay into a very peaceful one.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-connecting room if traveling solo or as a couple.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

We are so excited that we exceeded your expectations for customer service! We would like to apologize for the distrubance you experienced on your first night with us, but I am glad to hear that the Manager on Duty took great care of you. We are glad that you enjoyed the look and feel of our loft-inspired guestrooms and we appreciate your tips about the property for our future guests. Keep it sassy!

Reviewed October 31, 2012

This was our second visit to Aloft. We were among the thousands of people evacuated from the Jersey shore during Hurricane Sandy, and were relieved to be able to escape to Aloft. We were once again very grateful to the competent and friendly staff: Joshua Paul, GM, Shawn Fair, Assistant GM, Carlie Hammond, F&B Mgr., and Danette Ridgeway, Sales Mgr. and the other staff who went above and beyond the call of duty in handling the unique needs Hurricane Sandy presented. The hotel itself is very unique, and the amenities were amazing! There was plenty to do, as the hotel had an indoor pool, large fitness room, pool table & extensive bar. Complimentaray coffee was available in the lobby each morning. The guestrooms are nicely decorated, and the mattress/bedding were very comfortable! We were pleasantly surprised at the wide variety of food and beverages available for purchase in the lobby. We would definitely recommend it to our friends and family. Thanks to Aloft for making our escape so pleasant!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Teresa N, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Welcome back! And thank you for reviewing your second visit to Aloft Mount Laurel. We are sorry that you had to travel out of necessity instead of pleasure during Hurricane Sandy, but are relieved that we could supply you with a safe place to stay in your time of need. We are glad to hear that you were able to relax a little bit and enjoy this unplanned retreat to Aloft. Josh, Shawn, Carlie, Danette, and the rest of the talent team will be happy to hear that your kind comments.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

I actually got upgraded to this hotel from the Super 8 since the Super 8 was overbooked. If you know the averageness of Super 8's and then see this hotel, you can imagine I was very happy. I felt more like I was in a nice apartment in the city than a hotel. Everything was clean, the staff was extremely friendly and professional, the bed was literally the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in, the TV was huge, and the over all feel of the room was unique and enjoyable. I've looked up the typical rates of this hotel and while it's not as cheap as Super 8, it's also worth it if you can afford it.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Manager at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2012

We are glad that we were able to accommodate you and are happy that you felt more like you were a nice apartment in the city rather than a hotel! We are glad that you had a sassy, savvy and enjoyable stay, and we hope that you will come back and stay with again soon!