All reviewsbliss productsale housemodern designclose proximityfront desk staffnew jerseychecking outindoor pooltrendylobbyweddingspgphiladelphialaurelturnpikechlorine
Reviewed September 19, 2011

I was really happy with this hotel. The rooms were modern, updated, clean & very comfortable. The bed was the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in, in a hotel. The shower was big & very nice! The only negative as far as the room goes, was the shampoo/soap dispensers in the shower. It did have Bliss products which was great but I like to have my own little bottles and individual soaps. The TV was huge and the linens were clean and warm. We were here for a wedding and they really did a good job. All common bathrooms were clean and spacious. The food was great and the cocktail room and the ballrooms were very nice. The staff was very helpful and very kind. They offered a kiosk check in and out which made things easy. The bar in the lobby area was welcoming and the bartenders were fun. They offered some food to buy in the lobby to like cookies and such but we didn't do that so I can't comment on it. Parking and finding the location was a breeze. I was very happy with this hotel as were all of the guests that I spoke to at the wedding. We were given a special rate for the wedding party so I can't really comment on the typical cost value. No stale smoke smell at all in the entire place as the hotel is new which was great!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank LovinCO
Reviewed September 12, 2011

I have stayed several times at the aLoft, so let me first say that it is by no means a terrible place. However, it has qualities that make it at the low end of my list compared to other local hotels.

The lobby is very loud. however, this is the style of aLoft, a constant party in the lobby, very social, so if that isn't your scene, don't stay here. My primary issue is that it can bleed to the second floor noise wise.

The rooms are large and spacious however the temp is not constant and the rooms cleanliness is beginning to become a big issue with stains on carpet, etc.

Staff is great, bar is nice, however on slow nights they are known to keep it closed. There is no restaurant.

All in all, good value but different.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MBFNCNative
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Liaison at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2011

Hello mbsef2000, We appreciate your business and your time in writing this review; I will pass this message along to the Executive Housekeeper to make them aware of the carpet stains that you noticed in the lofts. I am excited to let you know that a restaurant will be opening by the end of the Fall season! Overall, I’m happy that you saw the value in your stay, and that you have noticed that we are not your typical hotel experience. Although, we are not your first choice, I appreciate your kind comments, and hope that you will stay with us again in the future so that we may exceed your expectations!

Reviewed August 29, 2011

My husband and I stayed at Aloft, a hotel I found on a website for pet-friendly hotels, during Hurricane Irene. We were very grateful to find a hotel that would accommodate us and our dog on short notice. The hotel itself is very unique, and the amenities were amazing! We felt welcomed by the staff, who were all very professional and helpful. There was plenty to do, as the hotel had an indoor pool, large fitness room, pool table, extensive bar, and a nicely landscaped outdoor lounge area. Complimentaray coffee was available in the lobby each morning. The guestrooms are nicely decorated, and the mattress/bedding were very comfortable! We were pleasantly surprised at the wide variety of food and beverages available for purchase in the lobby. We would definitely stay at Aloft again when in the area, and highly recommend it to our friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
aloftmountlaurel, Social Media Liaison at Aloft Mount Laurel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2011

Dear FillyFan, We are so glad you were able to kick back and relax in our W XYZ bar and Backyard, despite the circumstances of your visit! We hope all is well at home since Hurricane Irene came and went. Aloft Mount Laurel hopes that you will come back to stay & play in the future.

Reviewed August 29, 2011

After experiencing a mandatory evacuation from our county in NJ due to Hurricane Irene, we had to quickly find a hotel out of harm's way that was pet-friendly. Thank the stars above for Aloft Mount Laurel who accommodated us for the weekend while riding out the storm. The staff handled the reservation promptly, and our pup was safe and happy with us. There were a lot of people there in the same situation as us not only with their pets but with children as well. The staff was patient with barking dogs, rambunctious children, and soaking wet footprints. They even let in some dogs that appeared to be over the 40 pound limit because of the evacuation situation. The internet worked just fine...speedy. Satellite tv went out now and then, but the weather was bad and the air conditioner was a little tricky to regulate, but all in all, the room was quiet, clean, comfortable and well-appointed, and lots of basic food and snacks were available downstairs. One suggestion we would have regarding pets is to provide pet owners with waste bags and receptacles because a FEW people didn't clean up after their dogs outside on the grass. We realize it was windy and wet, but it's a pet owner's responsibility to clean up after pets, and maybe providing supplies and a written pet policy upon check-in would let them know Aloft expects this. We came prepared, but others didn't. If Aloft does provide these, maybe they had just run out due to volume and the storm, but if not, it's just a suggestion. Anyway, thank you, Aloft, for keeping us safe and dry!!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Hi InnAddicted, your kind words fuel our hotel's energy & your suggestions make us savvy of all the ways we can improve! Just as you guessed, we were running a little low on dog supplies under the circumstances of all our furry friends! Our ARF! Package does typically feature pup-friendly amenities such as water bowls, waste pick-up bags, and yummy dog treats. Thank you for staying with us, and we hope you and your home are recovering well after Hurricane Irene.

Reviewed August 28, 2011

People at the front desk were great. The lady who checked us in was very helpful and relaxed even with the pressure of all the people checking in. I didn't feel rushed during the check-in process. She was able to accomodate our needs for this trip. Robert was very helpful as well during the check out process. With a smile on his face, I noticed the long hours he had to put in. He was very attentive to my questions the night prior to checking out.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Dear okia h, Thank you for staying with us at Aloft Mount Laurel during that difficult time. Your understanding & everyone's cooperation under the circumstances made it easy breezy for us to keep calm & smiling! I will be sure to pass on the kudos to Robert at the front desk. Wishing you all the best in your recovery from Hurricane Irene.